User Tag List

First 123 Last

Glycerine

I am shitty with lyrics but I can remember the title and artist when I hear a song even if it's faintly playing in the background and a lot of people are talking. I have very heightened senses.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm absolutely terrible at musical memory, but have a thing for lyrics.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I am shitty with lyrics but I can remember the title and artist when I hear a song even if it's faintly playing in the background and a lot of people are talking. I have very heightened senses.
    I can remember either the title or the artist or the lyrics (unless it's a favourite). I mostly circle the answer before finding it. So instead of remembering Sigur Ros directly, for example, it'd be something akin to: cold (I feel cold when I listen to their music ) -> ice -> Icelandic -> Hopelandic -> Sigur Ros!

Si at its finest!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Si at its finest!
    I think there could be something to this. I've had a couple of strange moments of knowing what song I am listening to before even knowing I'm listening to it and figured out that I am probably identifying the song by only hearing one or two notes of it and recognizing which popular song it belongs to instantly. And this might fit well with having Si-style sensory recognition as a semi-conscious process. My ability to do this also widely varies: sometimes I recognize the song from the first few seconds and sometimes I have to wait to hear the title of the song said in the song to recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I think there could be something to this. I've had a couple of strange moments of knowing what song I am listening to before even knowing I'm listening to it and figured out that I am probably identifying the song by only hearing one or two notes of it and recognizing which popular song it belongs to instantly. And this might fit well with having Si-style sensory recognition as a semi-conscious process. My ability to do this also widely varies: sometimes I recognize the song from the first few seconds and sometimes I have to wait to hear the title of the song said in the song to recognize it.
    Si-users (as defined by any of the four primary functions) appear to have this instant recall of the past as a comparison. As an example, my father who's an ESTJ hence high Si-er, recalls the restaurant, date, year and meal he had the best [insert dish]. This dates back to times when he was a child, teenager, any time during his adult years. His memory is near eidetic but not quite and not for everything. Ask him the name of most classical pieces of music playing and he can tell you within a few notes.

My dad is an Si Dom and couldn't identify a song, in seconds, if his life depended upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    My dad is an Si Dom and couldn't identify a song, in seconds, if his life depended upon it.
    Does your father like or love music?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Does your father like or love music?
    Yes.
    Edit: It's how he met my mother. She was a professional singer and he went to see her performance.

If there's anything to that, then I'll say that I've been recently considering if I myself am a Si dominant. Like a perciever oriented one (in strict Jungian terms, or even Socionics, it might still be ISTP /shrug).