• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi Black and White?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the bold: No I wouldn't. Like you mention, Te is all about categories. That's why it isn't just black and white. If I had to give it a pejorative adjective I would say it's shallow.

For the underlined: That's Ti. Perhaps the elements in a Te array can be true or false but the fabric of Te (the array itself) is not as simple. That being said, it's much less flexible overall than Ti.

I guess by black & white, I mean it's very discrete. Nothing is "in between." There may be more than true/false, but any of the categories which are used, something either fits there or it doesn't. I think you were meaning something different by "black & white" than what I was meaning.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I guess by black & white, I mean it's very discrete. Nothing is "in between." There may be more than true/false, but any of the categories which are used, something either fits there or it doesn't. I think you were meaning something different by "black & white" than what I was meaning.

I agree, to draw the logical conclusions and structures (categories) it desires it's must overlook subtleties and ambiguity, I see that as black and white. Ti and Fi are more open ended and weave it's way from one subtlety to the next and the ultimate conclusion is not as important so it can leave things ambiguous (shades of grey).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I have to say this reminds me a lot of my xNFP friend, in a lot of ways. Ie. revising things quite regularly, but saying she's "always" felt/believed that way, and coming across somewhat judgmental with those who think differently. Also, not really understanding that not everyone has the same outlook and fascinations/obsessions that she does, and that they can still be interesting worthwhile people. But I can't help wondering if it's more of a communication issue - ie. she sounds very black and white, but doesn't feel that way quite as much as she sounds.

another important thing is that NPs, especially Ne doms, are always updating our system files and layering system upon system. so what might seem like revision to others is really quite a part of our natural process - it's not so much revision as amalgamation, letting things click into place. Ne doesn't do revolutions like Ni - we snap pieces together atop one another and realize (literally, real-ize) things to be One, as opposed to flipping an entire system inside out, or however you Ni users do it! :)

i would also be very, very surprised for an NFP to find anyone to not be a "worthwhile" person. as far as i have experienced, that is essentially a baseline belief for all of us. though that doesn't necessarily mean we want to hang out with them.

i think you are right about the communication issue. especially if it is an ENxP... apparently we often come off sounding like we believe something ardently, when we are only toying with it in our minds...
:doh: