User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Hah! So simple but probably true. Even on the "core" values?

EDIT: My mom and I disagree on most of our values but we still get along great in all honesty.
    Even more so on the Core Values.

I don't care what other people believe or so long as:

1- It doesn't hurt other people. Ie, "I believe in beating my wife!!!!"
    2- They don't desire to change me.

So if you believe the world is flat... that's fine.* I may think you are an idiot for doing so, but I don't care if that is what you truly believe. (*So long as this belief doesn't affect something else... Ie, I am a Geology student trying to get into a PhD program, and you are a flat earth society member who is a tenured professor at the school of my choice. )

If you don't believe in God... that is fine. Just don't knock the fact that I believe in God.

etc.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Even more so on the Core Values.

So if you believe the world is flat... that's fine.* I may think you are an idiot for doing so, but I don't care if that is what you truly believe. (*So long as this belief doesn't affect something else... Ie, I am a Geology student trying to get into a PhD program, and you are a flat earth society member who is a tenured professor at the school of my choice. )

If you don't believe in God... that is fine. Just don't knock the fact that I believe in God.

etc.
    Framed that way, I don't think Fi is quite so black and white as long as there is a good dose of Pe thrown in the mix but I still think that because of the valuative nature of judging functions, Fi can come off sometimes as "black and white".

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Framed that way, I don't think Fi is quite so black and white as long as there is a good dose of Pe thrown in the mix but I still think that because of the nature of the valuation of judging functions, Fi can come off sometimes as "black and white".
    Fi is "sort of" black and white internally. Wherein the black and the white may spontaneously decide to change to hot pink and glittery purple.

Conversely I find Fe and Te can be very black and white in their own ways... and usually in a manner that is invasive (to me) since it is external.

So when I see some Je person coming at me with a vendetta on getting me to adhere to something they believe in, then I can come off as being black and white because I don't perceive any reason why not to be. If you want to have a discussion with me to hear my views, great! That would be fun. But if your purpose is to tell me where I am wrong, then buzz off... I am not interested.

I think of this process as a Non-Newtonian Fluid. Let me be me in it's natural state and I am just corn starch and water. But throw a bunch of loud noises at me and I become a blobby, bouncy solid ala:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Really? When does this happen?
    Basically, the functions just change the way stupidity is projected. E.g. a typical stupid Se-dom will not take birth control seriously and end up with more children than planned. OTOH, a typical stupid Fi user will think people that have different religious views are unworthy.

Stupid Fi user (she is stupid, the function is fine):
    Same with an ENFP I know who became Muslim from being Christian. It isn't like she changed when she was a kid. It was in her late 20s. She feels 'naked' without her hijab (even though many progressively minded Muslim women don't wear them- in fact, it draws more attention to you to be white and wearing that sort of garb!). Anyway, she frowns upon people not part of her religion, and has absolutely no understanding for how anyone can believe what she doesn't believe, and that they are immoral, etc.
    Smart Fi user:
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

Being smart, in Fi case, doesn't mean being neutral, it just means using a reasonable parameter.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Basically, the functions just change the way stupidity is projected. E.g. a typical stupid Se-dom will not take birth control seriously and end up with more children than planned. OTOH, a typical stupid Fi user will think people that have different religious views are unworthy.

Smart Fi user:

Being smart, in Fi case, doesn't mean being neutral, it just means using a reasonable parameter.
    Aah, ok, so we're just talking manifestation of function with "stupidity" taken into account. Got it.

Not sure if I agree, but interesting theory. I think alot more than just Se-users fail to use birth control, and alot more than just Fi-users think that anyone who doesn't believe as they do is unworthy.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think alot more than just Se-users fail to use birth control, and alot more than just Fi-users think that anyone who doesn't believe as they do is unworthy.
    Right. Anyone can do these, but I believe there is some correlation. Thought it was too obvious to mention.

It is just a vulnerability. The fact a pokemon isn't vuln to fire doesn't mean fire won't affect him. It just means he will be less affected.

Somehow I think ''The retarded functions'' thread is in accordance with my theory.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1701570
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Smart Fi user:

I like this post
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Right. Anyone can do these, but I believe there is some correlation. Thought it was too obvious to mention.

It is just a vulnerability. The fact a pokemon isn't vuln to fire doesn't mean fire won't affect him. It just means he will be less affected.

Somehow I think ''The retarded functions'' thread is in accordance with my theory.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1701570
    I bet if you did a study, you would find no correlation between people with kids due to lack of birth control, and Se, for instance. I don't see it. Too many other variables involved to draw a broad, general conclusion like you are doing.

Two people fucking: one Se-user and one non-Se user. The non-Se user also fails to use birth control, and pops out a kid. It takes two to tango. We're talking more environmental influence, age, relationship variables, etc. than we are function-relation. Factors other than intelligence and smartness come into play also, to render a stupid outcome. Some of the least-intelligent, "stupid" people I know as defined by "retarded use of function" have less stupid outcomes, because they are smart in certain ways and they have certain skills. (Simple, and not intelligent or smart on a large scale, and certainly not by your defintion.) Some of the more intelligent, smart people I know also produce stupid results. People are not cut-and-dry. They're individuals.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Fi looks black and white from an external perspective because... it is. Environmental variables are not relevant by definition, so the values don't change from situation to situation. Arguing with the Fi user won't matter because your words are also external variables.

(This is obviously simplified -- no one has a feeling function that's 100% introverted, not to mention all the other extroverted functions.)
    All introverted functions are in that camp; without extraversion everything outside of ourselves would be treated as irrelevent.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I bet if you did a study, you would find no correlation between people with kids due to lack of birth control, and Se, for instance. I don't see it. Too many other variables involved to draw a broad, general conclusion like you are doing.

Two people fucking: one Se-user and one non-Se user. The non-Se user also fails to use birth control, and pops out a kid. It takes two to tango. We're talking more environmental influence, age, relationship variables, etc. than we are function-relation. Factors other than intelligence come into play also, to render a stupid outcome. Some of the least-intelligent people I know have less stupid outcomes, because they are smart. Some of the more intelligent, smart people I know also produce stupid results. People are not cut-and-dry. They're individuals.
    You are right, there are countless factors. But I believe Se-doms are the most impulsive types, and this is a reasonable outcome to expect from impulsivity, specially if the Se-dom in case isn't very smart, so I think it is a pretty valid variable to be used in this case. See, a dumb INTP might not even know where he should put his penis, but he is much more likely to spend a lot of time contemplating possibilities before engaging into the activity. 2 guys I used to work with were both ESTPs with 4 children. They don't fuck around. I really don't have much to add...but feel free to believe functions don't affect expected weaknesses.
    -----------------

-----------------