User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The only thing I'm highly judgmental of is being highly judgmental. Can't make up my mind about the rest.
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley
    -Robert Burns

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

just read this and thought i'd share...probably more flowery than you care to read...and i'm not religious myself...but...neither is the guy who wrote it.
    http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-chr...youre-gay.html

i personally think it can feel very black and white to the person with the conviction. i try to be humble enough to realize people come to their own conclusions based on their own very personal life experiences. it's important i think to allow others the freedom to form their own thoughts and not judge or look down upon them when they differ from your own...but...if you try to debate me on say...the death penalty i'd likely come off very black and white about it because to me it is...killing someone is murder...and one doesn't make the other right....so...i feel very black and white about it but i get that others with other life experiences have come to their own conclusions...and i can respect that...but don't debate me on it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Maybe I am just surrounded by wacko Fi/Te minded people? I don't think I am misunderstanding them, because some of them are extremely plain about what they are saying. I try to not make assumptions and read into people's words so I can avoid those sort of misunderstandings.
    Yea I dunno. I figured that 99% of the people I meet not nearly sense, feel and think as much as I do. But I am a misanthropic, you shouldnt take too much advice from me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Hah. It seems to me like many Fi types are almost too understanding and flexible.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Fi looks black and white from an external perspective because... it is. Environmental variables are not relevant by definition, so the values don't change from situation to situation. Arguing with the Fi user won't matter because your words are also external variables.

(This is obviously simplified -- no one has a feeling function that's 100% introverted, not to mention all the other extroverted functions.)

I don't see how it Fi sticks it head out enough to even notice it that often.

I think INFPs are kind of global in their outlook.. they see many sides. I think they might even project sensitivities on to people when it isn't there (which would be going beyond simply understanding, I guess). It's only on the convictions that they deemed important when the whole black n white thing comes out. Things that they feel are violations on that very global scale, where they see it violates not only them, but something on a general humane level, as they see it. It's hardly petty individualism.

ISFPs are kind of the same. I don't think they like vocalizing a lot of their opinions right away at least. They're comfort seekers.

I could just be talking about Enneagram 9, but I don't think so.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post

Bonus question- if Fi greatly values logic in a Ti sort of way, does that make them NFP or NTP?

Add: I mean people who use Fi.
    I've been told this describes me well, and I'm an ISFP, not an N of any sort.

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i don't think i'm black and white about everything, but i do feel that if i believe in something and i'm passionate about it i'm going to believe in it 100%. otherwise what's the point? but i don't push my beliefs on other people or expect anyone to agree with me.
    That's an interesting perspective. I definitely don't agree with it, but it helps me understand Fi more.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Fi looks black and white from an external perspective because... it is. Environmental variables are not relevant by definition, so the values don't change from situation to situation. Arguing with the Fi user won't matter because your words are also external variables.

(This is obviously simplified -- no one has a feeling function that's 100% introverted, not to mention all the other extroverted functions.)
    absolutely...which can come off as or perhaps is very close minded but there are things that i feel no one could convince me otherwise of
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

That's just weird though.

EPs and IPs are often open and perceiving types. Fi or not. External variables matter even more than otherwise.