User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The backdrop of my thoughts is a web of interconnected concepts that I've tried to Ti for consistency over the years.

Moment to moment, my emotional states are bias-lenses. (They warp my view of the backdrop in irrational ways, but lead to new connections.)

Each thought is a function of the backdrop and the bias-lens. The bias lens is a function of the backdrop and the current situation. The new thought updates the backdrop and bias-lens, then the next thought is a function of the new setup.

It's just a computer program.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well, if I am daydreaming, then I tend to have movie-like mental images. I also have verbal dialogue in my head. It's like a collage of images, sounds, phrases, and mental atmospheres (which can be something like "feeling-tones", IMO).

Sometimes I "see" nothing; I just experience a pre-verbal, pre-image mental atmosphere. I think this is probably intuition related. There's a knowing, an awareness, an idea emerging from some vague undefined space. From there I try to define it, so it does takes some verbal/visual shape. Sometimes something I've seen/heard will emerge randomly, and then that illuminates what concept is trying to form. There's an association between the vague idea & something existing that helps me realize what the idea even is. It's like trying to remember something you didn't even know you knew .

When I'm really making connections between thoughts/ideas, working out what something means, etc, then I'll see colored lines connecting some mental space that must represent each idea (or whatever it is). Or these spaces get moved around in a way so that they make sense. It's like my mind is forming a diagram for me. It's hard to articulate what it is exactly; I think everyone experiences these things though. It's like seeing your mind arrange "nothing". Explaining the connection to myself so that I can articulate it to others or work out the kinks is when it becomes more of a rational, mental dialogue, & where my mind will conjure up clear accompanying images.

If I'm talking about these related ideas/thoughts, then I'll gesture along those lines too. My hands will move to connect invisible things, as that's kind of what making sense of ideas/thoughts can amount to.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'm not sure everyone sees anything at all.

I do though. I see shapes and colors.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Glycerine

I see words spelled out and faces. I am doing a mixture of observing my environment and doing a running commentary/ analysis of it in my head.

something like this
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

My thoughts are the same as if I were talking to myself. I hear my voice inside my head. I can hear it right now as I'm typing this, telling me what to write. I almost always think in words, usually complete sentences, though there seems to be some kind of echo as well (the last part of this sentence is echoing around in my head right now). I also usually have music playing in my head. I do often think in "movies" as well, especially when I'm imagining things or making up stories in my head.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I also hear my own voice say my thoughts. When I am in Si daydreaming mode, I see bits and clips of things that slide into other bits and clips and lead to completely different tangents.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    My thoughts are the same as if I were talking to myself. I hear my voice inside my head. I can hear it right now as I'm typing this, telling me what to write. I almost always think in words, usually complete sentences, though there seems to be some kind of echo as well (the last part of this sentence is echoing around in my head right now). I also usually have music playing in my head. I do often think in "movies" as well, especially when I'm imagining things or making up stories in my head.
    Hah, a lot like this for me, though it feels like everything is happening at once. Images, sounds, voices, words, and they are all mashed together so sometimes it can be a bit hard to organize which is why if I don't take time to organize my thoughts before speaking I tend to stumble upon my words or stop mid sentence for no apparent reason...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't know if I can describe it in words. I don't think my thoughts are actually in words or pictures or anything, at least not at the core. They are only that to externalize them (which is almost immediate but there is a difference)...

This picture might be a decent description of my thoughts:

Not that I think in images that look like fractals, but just the process is described by that picture kinda.