User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I just kind of feel it and there is some spatial and visual understanding sometimes too. Hard to explain, I don't hear so much.

All Natural! All Good!

I think in impressions, mostly... vague, incomplete things that flow from one to another. I also think visually, in video or image form, but I do that far less than in impressions.

And I only think in words sometimes. A lot of the time, I don't have the right words for what I want to say. I have a hard time converting non-word thoughts to words, but if they are already in words, then that's no problem. I can put non-words into words, but it won't be the right words, and the meaning will get misconstrued. It's probably happening right now!

To understand/solidify my non-word thoughts in more depth, I have to think in words. The impressions flow so quickly as to give me breadth, but little depth.

Also fairly often my brain will relate a present event to a song, and it will play the song in my head. It's usually a song I know well (like I know all the lyrics, how it sounds, etc.) So I see the event, and as I hear the song I know how it's related. I'm not consciously relating the two together, it just happens.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Interesting thread!

I don't know how to explain this properly, but I feel like I keep taking little random bites at a subject until I've got it figured out. I feel like I walk around an artifact, looking at it, but not even very closely -- if I look too hard it disappears -- or maybe I can describe it as the feeling that I'm flipping a foreign object in my hands, again almost unconsciously, casually feeling it. In my walk, suddenly something will come to me, and I'll leap forward and push the artifact at the right angle, and it flips over, unraveling itself in the process and becomes a new thing -- or I hit a secret switch on the object in my hands and a compartment opens -- then I look them in slight puzzlement and the process starts over.

So, if you sit me down and ask me to do something, I will stare at you blankly and shake my head, because I can't. I need all those 'walking around' and 'turning the objects in my hands' time that seem totally unproductive to other people before I can even start to do something.

4w5 sp/sx EII

blobs. they're just messy little blobs
    in my head. i "see" clearest after
    i hear myself speak.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont see with my minds eyes, unless im sleeping and having a dream.

How i am able to imagine visuals is quite difficult to explain, its like knowing what something looks like, but i dont see it. Naturally i can zoom in and go to more detailed view that way. Also i visualize in frames, when imagining scenaries, like photos, except sometimes when there is just one object visualized. Its not black and white that i visualize and i can adjust colors, exposure, white balance, contrast etc, stuff that i use to edit photos. I sort of build the picture by visualizing the big picture and fill it in details, which sometimes happens instantly at least to some degree.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    blobs. they're just messy little blobs
    in my head. i "see" clearest after
    i hear myself speak.
    ^this

99% of the time I dont use the brain at all, when someone asks me for something the output just pops into the brain and the rest of the time its dormant. Its like the most unuseful organ there is.

Its main activator and director are basically emotions. if I feel heavy emotions, the brain is active and running generating scenarios and possible outcomes. If I am fascinated by something brain starts working like a puzzlebox and concentrates on missing pieces to complete the scenario. But basically its a bitch to emotions.

I am worst at visual thinking, cant remember geography tho I always find my way but cant explain it to others. I think best in numbers and words, where numbers are actually words what makes calculation in the head difficult for me. Besides that music directly affects via emotions the performance of my brain. When I need that brain I always need music as well.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Only Diogenes on the steps has got headphones on and the place is not simply filled with the sound of debate but also occasionally music, like the stone roses, ash, oasis and the white stripes (at the moment).

Then there's that thing that every six seconds or something men are meant to think about sex, well, I dont think I think about sex that much but I do think about women and then my mind is like an Ingres painting.

Although all the women are red heads.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Interesting thread!
    Usually there aren't images in my thought process. Mostly it is like I'm talking to myself and responding at the same time. It's like a entity called NeSi, that I can't control, is talking to me, presenting random solutions and possibilities and TiFe, which is basically me being me, raises objections to a number of ideas, until NeSi finally kicks in with something that TiFe accepts as reasonable.

The size difference is meant to roughly represent the weights of the functions in the thought process.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I have a surface level - language, fuzzy visualisations (I like to call them 'artist impressions') etc and a deeper level where thoughts arise in an indescribable way - you can feel it before you know what the thought actually is.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

It really depends. If I’m actively thinking of something, or analyzing things at work, I believe I think mostly in words. I’m ‘speaking’ and talking things out in my head. My eyes might be focused on things around me, documents I’m reading, etc, and I’m aware of what’s around me when I’m doing this.

If I’m not actively thinking about something in particular, and it’s a broader more general topic I’m musing over, it might be rapid thoughts/phrases/ideas/words going through my head, to match the specific thoughts I’m having, or it’ll be a combo of that plus my morphing into ‘seeing’ things entirely in my head and not focused on my immediate surroundings. Combo of words and images – my being in whatever context I’m thinking about. Imagination, playing out scenarios/possibilities, like playing a movie in my head. Highly visual, it’s as if I’m there. Again, am not seeing anything in front of me.

And sometimes if what I’m musing over is even less substantial/clear to me, and I’m not sure what I’m thinking about or not sure how I feel or what I want to do, it’s even more ‘primitive’, I would say… it’s almost as if I’m thinking of absolutely nothing, I’m just in this zoned out state with impressions and feelings and suspicions and inklings. Pre-thoughts. I let everything just ‘brew’ and sift around, let things congeal and aggregate of their own accord – I WAIT for things to become clear. Occasionally there’s active noting of certain ideas that I want to tie off, but a lot of this is very, well, nothing. I’m doing nothing. But my brain is working / I KNOW things are happening in my mind – I just let the various things float around up there of their own accord and gradually substance develops of its own accord. Once substance forms (and depending on the topic/area of concern, I could be in this pre-substance state for a long time, while I’m doing other things/living out my life outside the context of that Idea that is still Unknown/Unclear), THEN the active thinking/analyzing begins.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ