User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    This government is very anti-teachers, they see them as too soft, too creative/abstract, and not focused enough results and on objectifying the kids and their results.
    So teachers who don't notice how their students are feeling, don't have any creativity (bye bye most arts and sciences) and are results focussed rather than learning focussed are going to improve New Zealand's education system? I think they need a personality test to decide whether the people who are choosing the personality traits are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Which personality test?

It might just be one that is tailored to rule out those who are aggressive, have little patience etc. Basically characteristics that make people ill suited towards teaching.
    Yeah, but who would teach P.E? I wonder what the test is testing, seems the word type is used loosely in that article. A few traits maybe...

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah, but who would teach P.E?
    Yes, I'm sure I'd make a great PE teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Yes, I'm sure I'd make a great PE teacher.
    Are you aggressive with little patience? You know... I don't think I'd have the patience to be a PE teacher and I think the kids would drive me crazy. I don't know how they do it. All teachers.

This government is very anti-teachers, they see them as too soft, too creative/abstract, and not focused enough results and on objectifying the kids and their results.

So say goodbye to all the Fs, Ns, and Ps I suppose.
    I don't remember teachers as being all that soft. I remember getting strapped for laughing and talking when I was told my writing was too messy.

I was being creative, honestly.

MBTI
    ENTP

Don't forget the ENTP science teacher! :-)

How the teachers do it: they treat it as a performance job. It's just like being a pop star. Without the star allure, that's true, but in the place you get to perform really cool experiments. No pop star can beat my "Turn a Television" experiment! Sadly I can't do it now because I'm not teaching physics.
    But "Add sodium metal to water" is a very cool experiment too... I'm looking forward to show that one. And next week the students are going to make an explosive gas. (Ethyne. They have experience with hydrogen, so no worries... right?)
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Permabanned

how do you pass a personality test?
    you're an estj. you fail.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Don't forget the ENTP science teacher! :-)

How the teachers do it: they treat it as a performance job. It's just like being a pop star. Without the star allure, that's true, but in the place you get to perform really cool experiments. No pop star can beat my "Turn a Television" experiment! Sadly I can't do it now because I'm not teaching physics.
    But "Add sodium metal to water" is a very cool experiment too... I'm looking forward to show that one. And next week the students are going to make an explosive gas. (Ethyne. They have experience with hydrogen, so no worries... right?)
    My ENTP buddy is the physics teacher at a local high school. I am pretty sure he is the epitome of clueless eccentric science teacher. Last year he was very upset because some of the students dressed as him for halloween. He thought they were doing it out of "Wow Mr. ENTP is the GREATEST!" but instead, he discovered, that they were just mocking him. Poor little enthusiastic ENTP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

This is dumb. Wow.
    Limiting a child's environment in this way cannot possibly produce a good result. What does NZ want? Homogeneous drones?

So say goodbye to all the Fs, Ns, and Ps I suppose.
    Wow, what are they building? A Hitleresque society?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Eh, it doesn't even say what sort of personality test it is. I doubt it's something like MBTI. If it is, I doubt this will pass. You guys are overreacting imo.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors