User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

This government is very anti-teachers, they see them as too soft, too creative/abstract, and not focused enough results and on objectifying the kids and their results.

So say goodbye to all the Fs, Ns, and Ps I suppose.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

They dont know what traits they are using on the test.

My guess would be stuff like big5 neuroticism and some mmpi dimensions.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I will never question Victor's paranoia again.

On a sidenote, Myers herself wrote about this. I think it's in the last edition of Gifts Differing, where she reflects on it's popularity. She herself was appalled at some of it's uses.

Permabanned

lol personality test? what a joke you think people wont lie on their test to get a certain position? you easily cheat those anyways. Intelligence test, now that's a different story.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Teaching is such a broad field that you can't just narrow it down to one or two best types. Different types are likely to prefer different kinds of teaching but that's not to say they wouldn't be successful at something less typical of their type. On average, college professors tend to have different personality types than elementary school teachers for example. Also different subject areas tend to attract different types. Most types can be good teachers but the way in which they go about it might be different. The only 'types' I'd be wary of are those that have very little patience with others or those with serious aggressive and anger tendencies. In other, words, traits that are more neuroticism related and not so much type related.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Teaching is such a broad field that you can't just narrow it down to one or two best types. Different types are likely to prefer different kinds of teaching but that's not to say they wouldn't be successful at something less typical of their type. On average, college professors tend to have different personality types than elementary school teachers for example. Also different subject areas tend to attract different types. Most types can be good teachers but the way in which they go about it might be different. The only 'types' I'd be wary of are those that have very little patience with others or those with serious aggressive and anger tendencies. In other, words, traits that are more neuroticism related and not so much type related.
    What made you think they will use typology?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    This government is very anti-teachers, they see them as too soft, too creative/abstract, and not focused enough results and on objectifying the kids and their results.

So say goodbye to all the Fs, Ns, and Ps I suppose.
    What about EXFJs? I thought they made excellent teachers. I always thought my ex's star job was elementary education.

They need to take a look at some of the American schools. Teaching to test. Students learn the information to pass the tests. Schools get graded on how well they can cram teach kids the information.

Just another fine lesson about the need for balance.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What about EXFJs? I thought they made excellent teachers. I always thought my ex's star job was elementary education.
    E_FJs being probably more likely to form unions, more likely to take a more holistic, subjective approach to/assessment of children's progress and more open to innovative approaches are probably exactly the types they want to get rid of.

They need to take a look at some of the American schools. Teaching to test. Students learn the information to pass the tests. Schools get graded on how well they can cram teach kids the information.

They've taken our education system that was well regarded around the world, where they were about to introduce an "elementary" curriculum that was designed to be world leading and just tore the whole thing down so it was easier to see which kids were "failures".

Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post

Agreed, but this isn't related to the types (MBTI or other systems) of the teachers. Mostly, it is a combination of desire to produce conformity, shortsightedness, devaluation of knowledge/intellect, and desire for immediate gratification. Very little of this originates from the teachers.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

What would school be without multiple types for teachers? You need the perky EFJ who takes all of the time in the world to mentor even the worst of students. You need the cold ISTJ football coach who moonlights as a health teacher and bores the crap out of everyone. You need the egghead INTP who doesn't notice paper airplanes flying into his head as he writes on the chalkboard.