User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Changing type?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Interesting, because according to this test, I have the face of an ENFJ... which is not quite my type, haha... Not sure how accurate or professional that test really is, though.
    That test is really not accurate.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    That's interesting, thanks for the analysis and link, although it's slightly confusing (with the left-brained ESTP and a right-brained ISTJ).
    My last post was my analysis. Yet, later at night I got this intuitive memory: The fact that you are an ISTJ doesn't mean that you can't be open (socially), or ever have been. My memory is so that you must be thinking of yourself in the past as more open, playful etc. Am I right? But that's something totally different than being ESXP. I feel excited about this thought, I hope you can agree a little with it. Seen from my mother (ISTj) it can be very true for an ISTj to be curious, interested, playful, etc (especially) when young. And according to Jung we get more introverted as we get older. Besides, as a child we are all usually less differentiated into a single type.
    So what do you think about this solution?
    No matter your answer, your suggestion of having changed type does form an inspiration to think about my INTP/J dynamics.
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Actually, I would prefer to be extroverted, but am still introverted nonetheless because there is nothing I can do about it. I don't much enjoy being alone, and I am happier when I have friends with me, but I don't get that opportunity very often and when I do, I'm not very experienced at it.
    OK, maybe 'prefer' was not the right choice of words... I didn't mean 'prefer' in the sense of 'consciously choose', but more like that by default, without being aware (as most of the time we are not really aware of our phsychology), I would probably still use N as it is natural to me, no matter how much I 'train' to use S and how good I might get.

BTW, extroversion and 'being good in social situations' are quite different concepts indeed, there are many threads on this topic in this forum as well. I myself am a good example of an extrovert who is a total social disaster . And what you wrote, indicates E more that I (then again, it is just one sentence, so I'm not assuming anything).

Interesting, because according to this test, I have the face of an ENFJ... which is not quite my type, haha... Not sure how accurate or professional that test really is, though.
    This test is definitely just... pseudoscience... but fun nevertheless... and I did get an ENTP result
    Thanks for the link!