• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing type?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Interesting, because according to this test, I have the face of an ENFJ... which is not quite my type, haha... Not sure how accurate or professional that test really is, though.

That test is really not accurate.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
That's interesting, thanks for the analysis and link, although it's slightly confusing (with the left-brained ESTP and a right-brained ISTJ).

My last post was my analysis. Yet, later at night I got this intuitive memory: The fact that you are an ISTJ doesn't mean that you can't be open (socially), or ever have been. My memory is so that you must be thinking of yourself in the past as more open, playful etc. Am I right? But that's something totally different than being ESXP. I feel excited about this thought, I hope you can agree a little with it. Seen from my mother (ISTj) it can be very true for an ISTj to be curious, interested, playful, etc (especially) when young. And according to Jung we get more introverted as we get older. Besides, as a child we are all usually less differentiated into a single type.
So what do you think about this solution?
No matter your answer, your suggestion of having changed type does form an inspiration to think about my INTP/J dynamics.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Actually, I would prefer to be extroverted, but am still introverted nonetheless because there is nothing I can do about it. I don't much enjoy being alone, and I am happier when I have friends with me, but I don't get that opportunity very often and when I do, I'm not very experienced at it.
OK, maybe 'prefer' was not the right choice of words... I didn't mean 'prefer' in the sense of 'consciously choose', but more like that by default, without being aware (as most of the time we are not really aware of our phsychology), I would probably still use N as it is natural to me, no matter how much I 'train' to use S and how good I might get.

BTW, extroversion and 'being good in social situations' are quite different concepts indeed, there are many threads on this topic in this forum as well. I myself am a good example of an extrovert who is a total social disaster :). And what you wrote, indicates E more that I (then again, it is just one sentence, so I'm not assuming anything).

Interesting, because according to this test, I have the face of an ENFJ... which is not quite my type, haha... Not sure how accurate or professional that test really is, though.
This test is definitely just... pseudoscience... but fun nevertheless... and I did get an ENTP result :thumbup:
Thanks for the link! :D