User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

As JAVO said it'd be more or less the individuals then the types.

Someone like Aelan for example would need to be teamed up with someone like me who has a good sense of direction, otherwise she'd get her self lost.

I wouldn't necessarily need to be teamed with an ISTP or someone like JAVO tho. Since my hobbies are more ISTP aligned, and while I'm not as much of an outdoors enthusiast as JAVO is, I'm not helpless in the wild either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    oh god. all i know is that the INTP would be dead.
    Same here. I may probably die of depression and self wallowing.

So I think for survival I need

4-man team, an:
    ISTP - Practical and logical, I need someone in my group who can keep me from straying away from the main purpose of each goal. And he/she probably comes equipped with survival instincts and skills.
    INTJ - Natural leader, who won't go crazy over their newfound power and starts demanding people to do things his/her own way.
    ESFJ - Good caretakers, since they pay close attention to people's needs and wants. And they will be a good person to start and form friendship with, since they are more sociable.
    INFP - Yours truly.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I predict that the team with the most balanced people would win, regardless of type, but only if at least one had some basic knowledge and experience in survival.

:sad: Elfie, you can be on my team then. This INTP is going to make the best of this little tropical island vacation!

If we like the island, are we allowed to stay when this is all over?
    agree with JAVO actually. it's the most balanced which would win.

I can be on your team? Someone wants an elf! well, i know plants, and i can fish, and i can entertain. ooh, i make alcoholic cocktails, too. yesyes, tropical island vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Would people mind giving me rationals to their selections? Although it certainly looks as if people favor balanced type groups.

It's hypothetical elfie... now go pick out your groupies! You can pretend to be a different type if you wish.
    Okok, i'll be good and play by mousie's rules. My focus is less on individual types, and more on interdynamics though. As in, how do the individual add strength to the group. And importantly, how do you control the friction that may arise.

I should like a friendly group, ideally. So: ISFJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP. (note, i want balanced individuals of each type. Not immature types.)

Why:

ISFJ--because they'd be concerned with practicalities. The other three are Ns, so they may be a little lalala. The ISFJ would ensure that everyone is fed, things run smoothly, and everyone sticks together. They are highly maternal. In a survivor state, you need mothers.

ENTP-to pwn the other groups. Plus: ENTP-INTP interactions are good for entertainment. (just watch aelan and me together, you'll know what i mean).

Also because: INTPs and ENTPs may tend to be scattered: hence, the Js to balance them out. After all, good ideas are nothing without implementation.

INTJs, because where the ISFJ may be helpless (because ISFJ would see today, but not 3 months down the road), and the ENTP-INTP are off in lalala land making hula skirts and coconut lamps, the INTJ would be :rolli: , but he/she would still *stoically* continue building that shelter of coconut leaves. And ordering people to start fishing, or else!

(note: the intj MUST be a mature type. because potentially, the greatest divider may come from here.)

the control of negative dynamics to create positive loops:

The INTP and ISFJ would soften out any potential trouble between the ENTP-INTJ. While the INTP's negative/overly critical moods would be broken by the ENTP's hyperness. Meanwhile, the ISFJ would give the ENTP balance. While the ISFJ would be reversely taken care of by the ENTP/INTP, as these types would have a soft spot for the motherly ISFJ, and yield to being physically looked after. from my experience, intps can handle intjs.

so all's well that ends well. hopefully.

ohoh, one requirement: they must love alcohol.

You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

It seems as if you're the only one who can follow directions ae...

Ae: Is it likely that the ISTP will want to stay within the group? We have two ISTPs here indicating no desire to be in a group...

Also are there any thoughts from the Js? I'm only getting responses from Ps...
    I try, mousie.

That's why I said a loyal ISTP. An ISTP tends to be a lone-ranger, until they've identified people they care about, then they tend to be very loyal, I believe.

Because they Js will not think about it as a hypothetical quesiton? If they're put into it, they'll just make the best of it and survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    As JAVO said it'd be more or less the individuals then the types.

Someone like Aelan for example would need to be teamed up with someone like me who has a good sense of direction, otherwise she'd get her self lost.

Thanks Ender! :steam:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Thanks Ender! :steam:

What's that shiny thing over there? ------------->
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Because they Js will not think about it as a hypothetical quesiton? If they're put into it, they'll just make the best of it and survive?
    True enough... I suppose I'm not a J after all for thinking about silly hypothetical questions.

Balancing act. Once again, people are fair more complex than types... So much for using this to understand type interactions...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    What's that shiny thing over there? ------------->
    SHINY! *bounces over to try to nab the shiny thing only to fall off the edge of the cliff*

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Interesting!!

See, if they were categorised in groups of type, I can imagine the ENFPs starting out strong... picking a place to set up camp that's probably more scenic than strategic, because we couldn't be bothered walking any further and this place 'will do fine'. At first we'll be enthusiastic and all helping out in building a shelter/defenses (possibly with lots of singing) but about halfway through we'll get bored and tired and sore and give up. Then we'd all sit around talking and being silly and telling funny stories and totally forget survival was on the line until another group showed up.

And then naturally the diplomatic side would come out and the other team would be cunningly convinced (with charisma and perhaps a couple puppy-dog eyes thrown in to boot) that joining our team (and not killing us) would not only be way fun, but really just the best option all around, because see? We've already got half-finished shelters here!

And that way the ENFPs will recruit others to finish their work and protect them and live happily ever after!

Haha.

As far as picking a team of four to ensure best survival?

ENFP, ISTJ, ENTP and maybe ESFJ... or, no, an outdoorsy xSTP, yes.

My reasonings for the first three are because they're me and two friends that would be useful to have with me on a desert island. :P Or at least someone similar to them would be brilliant. I wasn't sure about the third friend so I picked a theoretical type that should work, but it totally depends on the person. Like I'd have to get along with the ISTJ which could be a problem, though that's solved if they're already friends of mine.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

True enough... I suppose I'm not a J after all for thinking about silly hypothetical questions.

Balancing act. Once again, people are fair more complex than types... So much for using this to understand type interactions...
    i think the more I learn about people the more confused I get sometimes.

SHINY! *bounces over to try to nab the shiny thing only to fall off the edge of the cliff*
    *lunges after the mousie and catches her by the tail*

*dusts her and sets her upright again. pats*

*kicks dust at Ender* :steam: Don't you bully my mouse!

MBTI
    istp

It's not really a competition if the only goal is survival. Anyone can do that, you just try not to die for a while. The competition should be first one to get to another island maybe 20 miles away. Something like that.
    No offense.

MBTI
    Zzzz

I try, mousie.

That's why I said a loyal ISTP. An ISTP tends to be a lone-ranger, until they've identified people they care about, then they tend to be very loyal, I believe.
    I was going to post about my ISTP best/f without asking her on her thoughts because I figured I knew them. So, I asked, and turns out I was right all along (and now she's paranoid that I've been writing about her...to use her as an, erm, fine example of her type, ya know.. ).

Anyhoo, she'd leave. If I were there, she'd take me with her. If I refused, she'd either force me to come with or leave me... and she figures I'd try to find her after a while of suffering the other idiots b/c I'd tire of playing mediator...and she'd likely be right...but it'd be a long while b/c I'm just as stubborn as she is.. However, if I could convince the others of doing w/e WE want, because she wouldn't even have the patience to bother trying and she knows I can get people to listen to me 'nicely', she might stay. But probably not, even then. People are weak, they aren't reasonable or reliable. So screw'em all and we can watch them fuck up, possibly kill themselves over, from afar and then steal their leftovers if they're re/useable.

And erm, yups aelan, very loyal.