User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INXP

I would say it is probably true that in general each gender has typical manifestations of type, but that they are not unique to the gender. By which I mean, that gender indicates an MBTI preference but doesn't change the way it manifests. So, females will more often be 'F' but it doesnt enforce any F tendencies on a female T - just that the female T is statistically less likely.

It's worth noting, at this point, that male and female are typically dominant and submissive in a relationship, but not always. Most pairings have one or the other (to use lesbian terminology - which is instructive at this point - a butch and a femme). Most of you will be able to identify relationships, if you think carefully, where the butch and the femme are not male female, but are indeed female and male. I think MBTI is like this.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Is a male ENFP markedly different than a female ENFP?

A female INTP markedly different than a male INTP, etc.

Point being...

How does one's sex affect the way their personality type is manifested?
    No.

Introverted thinking is introverted thinking. Doesn't matter what sex organs you possess or what hormones you use. If your body makes you use "different" introverted thinking (just as an example...) then what you're using isn't introverted thinking. It's something else.
    we fukin won boys

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

That is not however to say that all people fit into these sixteen bland boxes.

All people have their own way of presenting their type to the world. I think that's more the answer CC was looking for. But then, it's not 32, it's 6.6b. types.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i think almost all functions look the same for males and females...

but Fe and Fi look quite different. culture influences those value sets, blah blah...you guys get it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I have never met any male ENFPs, but I would conjecture that they would be a slightly to a moderately different kind of breed of ENFP.

In fact, even on this forum, it is quite easy to detect that there is a difference between the male and female ENFPs.

There are biological differences between the sexes, and it is a well known fact that women across the board are generally inclined and neurophysiologically more suited to experience empathy more frequently and intensely than men.

Also, I would venture to say that there are more female ENFPs than male ENFPs

More male INTPs/INTJs than female INTPs/INTJs

More female INFPs than male INFPs...
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESFJ

Well, I have never met any male ENFPs, but I would conjecture that they would be a slightly to a moderately different kind of breed of ENFP.

In fact, even on this forum, it is quite easy to detect that there is a difference between the male and female ENFPs.

There are biological differences between the sexes, and it is a well known fact that women across the board are generally inclined and neurophysiologically more suited to experience empathy more frequently and intensely than men.

Also, I would venture to say that there are more female ENFPs than male ENFPs

More male INTPs/INTJs than female INTPs/INTJs

More female INFPs than male INFPs...

How do you think this affects the way you interact with other types? And I would venture to say that you have met some male ENFPs, you just didn't know it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    How do you think this affects the way you interact with other types? And I would venture to say that you have met some male ENFPs, you just didn't know it.
    I don't really type people, however I have always cataloged people as "cold or warm" and cold correlates with T, and warm correlates with F. Also, I always register whether a person is extroverted or introverted.

That being said, hmm, two of my closest friends have happened to be "cold" females, and I've always found their demeanors to be refreshing. My mom and sister are hardcore Fs and that can definitely get taxing.

Also, I have generally found myself acquainted with "cold" men, but it should be noted, that these "cold" men have invariably been "colder" than the "cold" women I've known.

Lastly, I have had the pleasure of encountering "warm" men, and they are rare gems whose company I always cherish, yet, they were not as "warm" as the "warm" women I've met.

*edit this has changed a bit because F women can still be competitive witches, and in this case, despite their apparent "warmth" their jealousy gets the best of them and in this scenario, I would prefer the warmth of an F guy's company any day.

LOL, I hope I've made some sense.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESFJ

I don't really type people, however I have always cataloged people as "cold or warm" and cold correlates with T, and warm correlates with F. Also, I always register whether a person is extroverted or introverted.

That being said, hmm, two of my closest friends have happened to be "cold" females, and I've always found their demeanors to be refreshing. My mom and sister are hardcore Fs and that can definitely get taxing.

Also, I have generally found myself acquainted with "cold" men, but it should be noted, that these "cold" men have invariably been "colder" than the "cold" women I've known.

Lastly, I have had the pleasure of encountering "warm" men, and they are rare gems whose company I always cherish, yet, they were not as "warm" as the "warm" women I've met.

*edit this has changed a bit because F women can still be competitive witches, and in this case, despite their apparent "warmth" their jealousy gets the best of them and in this scenario, I would prefer the warmth of an F guy's company any day.

LOL, I hope I've made some sense.

That makes sense. I'd like to think that I am a pretty "warm" type of man, although I definitely have a bit sour in with the sweet. Verbal lashings, as I was saying earlier.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

They say the 3-to-1 data for Introverts was collected in the 60s. I'm not sure why they're using that. Either way, it doesn't make sense. The high school environment clearly prefers extraversion (thus weak introverts could easily get an extraverted result), and yet a significantly higher margin than 3-to-1 showed a preference for I.

MBTI Proximity Chart at MROB

About a fourth way through, you find the most recent stats on personality type the MBTI offers (1998).
    E-vs-I: 49.3% is E, 50.7% is I
    S-vs-N: 73.2% is S, 26.8% is N
    T-vs-F: 40.3% is T, 59.7% is F
    J-vs-P: 54.1% is J, 45.9% is P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    All people have their own way of presenting their type to the world. I think that's more the answer CC was looking for. But then, it's not 32, it's 6.6b. types.
    True, snowflakes we are.

*Everyone is sooooooooo remarkably different, we don't share like 99.99% of the same genes, or anything.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles