User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 98

  1. #51
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    What feeling issues?
    Like the one I mentioned at the end.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #52
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Still not making sense.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    I've become a fan of the show "Kitchen Nightmares" starring Chef Gordon Ramsay. In the last episode, this Italian restaurant owner, whom I identified as an ESFJ, was more concerned with defending the quality of the food they serve than listening to Ramsay's judgment on it. And she was just Fe'ing all over the place, with the Sensor side processing the response toward aggression: mostly, in calling him a jerk. These functions interfere with the learning process, especially the side of Feeling which confuses the external world with "self." So a judgment of the food becomes a judgment of and reflection upon one's self.

    Defense Mechanism = Incorporation: "The assimilation of the object into one's own ego and/or superego. This is one of the earliest mechanisms utilized."

    Later on in the episode, after Ramsay softened up her defenses with a remodeling job, the anger turned into tears (although sometimes they were tears of frustration).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #54
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    So how does that exactly relate to one's math abilities?
    I am not the best at math but I think I am above average at it. Even through a chain of events where I was sent back two years in Math, I still managed to get above average on the math section of the practice ACT with no studying.

    Also, I am taking "Intro to Logic" for fun..... I don't need the credits and even with minimal effort, I have an A-.

  5. #55
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I've become a fan of the show "Kitchen Nightmares" starring Chef Gordon Ramsay. In the last episode, this Italian restaurant owner, whom I identified as an ESFJ, was more concerned with defending the quality of the food they serve than listening to Ramsay's judgment on it. And she was just Fe'ing all over the place, with the Sensor side processing the response toward aggression: mostly, in calling him a jerk. These functions interfere with the learning process, especially the side of Feeling which confuses the external world with "self." So a judgment of the food becomes a judgment of and reflection upon one's self.

    Defense Mechanism = Incorporation: "The assimilation of the object into one's own ego and/or superego. This is one of the earliest mechanisms utilized."

    Later on in the episode, after Ramsay softened up her defenses with a remodeling job, the anger turned into tears (although sometimes they were tears of frustration).
    The person you're talking about sounds like a retard, (hopefully she's not a poster on this forum or I will be you-know-what)- but it's funny anyway.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #56
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Lily flower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2
    Posts
    931

    Default

    If you want to see Fe in math problems, try looking at http://www.timestales.com/.

  8. #58
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I've become a fan of the show "Kitchen Nightmares" starring Chef Gordon Ramsay. In the last episode, this Italian restaurant owner, whom I identified as an ESFJ, was more concerned with defending the quality of the food they serve than listening to Ramsay's judgment on it. And she was just Fe'ing all over the place, with the Sensor side processing the response toward aggression: mostly, in calling him a jerk. These functions interfere with the learning process, especially the side of Feeling which confuses the external world with "self." So a judgment of the food becomes a judgment of and reflection upon one's self.

    Defense Mechanism = Incorporation: "The assimilation of the object into one's own ego and/or superego. This is one of the earliest mechanisms utilized."

    Later on in the episode, after Ramsay softened up her defenses with a remodeling job, the anger turned into tears (although sometimes they were tears of frustration).
    dont know what is the worser thing, having pride or domineering the world with ones ego
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #59
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    So how does that exactly relate to one's math abilities?
    I am not the best at math but I think I am above average at it. Even through a chain of events where I was sent back two years in Math, I still managed to get above average on the math section of the practice ACT with no studying.

    Also, I am taking "Intro to Logic" for fun..... I don't need the credits and even with minimal effort, I have an A-.
    I don't know why everybody has to take this personally.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #60
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    If you want to see Fe in math problems, try looking at http://www.timestales.com/.
    Grade school students respond well to the Fe instructional style. I certainly would not want my ESTJ high school algebra teacher teaching 1st graders basic arithmetic. You have no clue...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. What are the differences between Types when it comes to being an entrepreneur?
    By johnhackston in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2016, 10:52 AM
  2. Reading Styles Differing Between Types?
    By Anew Leaf in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-28-2013, 12:42 PM
  3. Great article on the differences between INFJ vs. INTP
    By greenfairy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 09:06 PM
  4. [MBTItm] A Difference Between XNTJ types and XNTP types
    By Mondo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO