User Tag List

First 23456 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Well that's a relief. Because if it's retarded, then it must have an IQ below 70, correct? And what did you say about my IQ comment above? So doesn't that apply back to itself, in that calling an IQ comment "retarded" must also be retarded?

Actually, I don't always like the threads I start, but I am enjoying this one. And I'm getting a mostly positive response so far.
    You can change my description of that particular statement to mind-numbingly stupid, incredibly foolish, astonishingly misguided, or staggeringly ignorant if the word retarded offends you. The specific word isn't particularly important. Getting caught up in details like that is such an S thing to do, wouldn't you say?

In case you want an explanation for why it's a stupid statement, and even if you don't, I'll tell you anyway - the corollary would be wondering about those "high-use intuitives who just don't understand the concept of eating, or sleeping, or walking".
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

function use is not a precursor for critical thinking- people without Ti aren't "missing a part of their brain" somehow- if they have all the parts and those parts are communicating, they should be able to solve a math problem.

It's not that each and every thought goes through a cognitive function barrier. And uh, yes, if you happen to fall high on the IQ number you should be able to understand the concepts mentioned in the OP.

You're mistyping people- you're typing people through a cloud of pre-bias.

You can "confirm" virtually anything in your mind if you approach MBTI that way.

(Edit: If you're wondering how and Fe dom can solve a math problem, I'm wondering how a Ti-dom can create so many judgments on pre-guesses supported by personal observation without testing.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

why do you guys have to fight over and over again about the same stuff ? LOL. IQ, functions, IQ, who's smarter... all the same.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    You can change my description of that particular statement to mind-numbingly stupid, incredibly foolish, astonishingly misguided, or staggeringly ignorant if the word retarded offends you. The specific word isn't particularly important. Getting caught up in details like that is such an S thing to do, wouldn't you say?

In case you want an explanation for why it's a stupid statement, and even if you don't, I'll tell you anyway - the corollary would be wondering about those "high-use intuitives who just don't understand the concept of eating, or sleeping, or walking".
    That's an interesting point you bring up - except it is not related to observation. You're just creating a reductio by arguing one hypothetical theory against another theory. I'm not saying your point is not worth thinking about. But I am talking about observations, after all. Now if you want to say that I'm looking at people with my eyes crossed, or that I'm only hearing from them what I want to hear, that's another thing altogether. That at least would be more acceptable. Because then at least you would be understanding what I wrote in the very title of this thread.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    function use is not a precursor for critical thinking- people without Ti aren't "missing a part of their brain" somehow- if they have all the parts and those parts are communicating, they should be able to solve a math problem.

It's not that each and every thought goes through a cognitive function barrier. And uh, yes, if you happen to fall high on the IQ number you should be able to understand the concepts mentioned in the OP.

You're mistyping people- you're typing people through a cloud of pre-bias.

You can "confirm" virtually anything in your mind if you approach MBTI that way.

(Edit: If you're wondering how and Fe dom can solve a math problem, I'm wondering how a Ti-dom can create so many judgments on pre-guesses supported by personal observation without testing.)
    Me? I've already stated farther up to someone else that anybody can develop any function, but I believe that certain functions develop according to which of your functions dominate. For example, I think it is less common for an Se to develop Te, and more common for an Fe or an FI to develop Ti.

These threads become less about conversation and more about ninny-nanny lecturing.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    why do you guys have to fight over and over again about the same stuff ? LOL. IQ, functions, IQ, who's smarter... all the same.
    That was never my original point anyway. But on this forum, certain terms bring some people to a froth.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I do not believe that anyone with a high school education and moderate IQ level "does not understand the concept of" satellites, outer space and/or galaxies. Sensor or Intuitive. If they don't understand the concept, they are either very stupid or the concept was poorly explained by their high school teacher (or, as seen so often in young or immature NTs - confusing "agree with me" with "understanding the concept"). Worse, you're implying that there is somehow a whole herd of these people, and that their (alleged) inability to grasp these ideas is due to them being a strong sensor. That's as dumb as saying high-level intuitives are anorexics because they don't understand the concept of eating.

I can't believe you're actually arguing this.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Me? I've already stated farther up to someone else that anybody can develop any function, but I believe that certain functions develop according to which of your functions dominate. For example, I think it is less common for an Se to develop Te, and more common for an Fe or an FI to develop Ti.

These threads become less about conversation and more about ninny-nanny lecturing.
    Alright, still didn't really respond to the first paragraph. People don't look at math problems and critical thinking through "function eyes". They are hopefully doing this with the intent to solve. "Critical thinking" is the function that people use for things like that. (Now that's a skill on it's own that not everyone has regardless.)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I do not believe that anyone with a high school education and moderate IQ level "does not understand the concept of" satellites, outer space and/or galaxies. Sensor or Intuitive. If they don't understand the concept, they are either very stupid or the concept was poorly explained by their high school teacher (or, as seen so often in young or immature NTs - confusing "agree with me" with "understanding the concept"). Worse, you're implying that there is somehow a whole herd of these people, and that their (alleged) inability to grasp these ideas is due to them being a strong sensor. That's as dumb as saying high-level intuitives are anorexics because they don't understand the concept of eating.

I can't believe you're actually arguing this.
    Yeah, true. (As a side note I feel like I'm stalking you around threads the past couple of days- apologies. )

But anyway, I would more readily believe that the smartish sensor with at least so-so education would not want to engage in these topics for fun because they don't see the practicality or value of discussion that's going to have no ending. (Not from lack of understanding.)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I was bad at math in school, good at it in University and nowadays I am bad at it again.

Every personality who stagnates is never healthy imo
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]