• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types are the most attracted to religious organizations?

wildflower

hi. :) i'm guessing you posted this in response to my rather emphatic post saying ESFJs are not associated with theology on another thread that linked type and (quintessential) career pick. ESFJs, and most SJs, would probably make good religious organizational people (servants) and maybe even pastors, although NFs are more commonly pastoral types with their nurturing and counseling traits. SJs do tend to like organizations though. but theologians are more analytical, big picture thinkers and would much more likely be NTs. all types can be attracted to religion or spirituality contrary to popular belief but some types may particularly gravitate to specific areas, positions or even types of religion. e.g. NTs would make good theologians, NFs good contemplatives & mystics, SJs good servant workers (e.g. sunday school teachers, work in a food pantry, etc.), SPs good missionaries maybe.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good above post- I would like to kind of generalize that even more to say that every type will have their own reasons for being attracted to these organizations- I think it depends on what angle you approach them from.

curiousel

hi. :) i'm guessing you posted this in response to my rather emphatic post saying ESFJs are not associated with theology on another thread that linked type and (quintessential) career pick.

Hi, actually I haven´t seen that thread yet...

ESFJs, and most SJs, would probably make good religious organizational people (servants) and maybe even pastors, although NFs are more commonly pastoral types with their nurturing and counseling traits. SJs do tend to like organizations though. but theologians are more analytical, big picture thinkers and would much more likely be NTs. all types can be attracted to religion or spirituality contrary to popular belief but some types may particularly gravitate to specific areas, positions or even types of religion. e.g. NTs would make good theologians, NFs good contemplatives & mystics, SJs good servant workers (e.g. sunday school teachers, work in a food pantry, etc.), SPs good missionaries maybe.

different functions within the organization require different types.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lRUT3.jpg

wildflower

Hi, actually I haven´t seen that thread yet...

lol

different functions within the organization require different types.

yes, and i was only referring to one particular religion in its institutional form and admittedly painting with a rather broad brush. not all religions or spiritualities are organized. also, there are many within distinct faiths that aren't into the organizational forms. recently i've been part of a movement that is rather anti-institutional within my own faith. in one conversation we did find that many of us were "cultural creatives".

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol

yes, and i was only referring to one particular religion in its institutional form and admittedly painting with a rather broad brush. not all religions or spiritualities are organized. also, there are many within distinct faiths that aren't into the organizational forms. recently i've been part of a movement that is rather anti-institutional within my own faith. in one conversation we did find that many of us were "cultural creatives".

What faith are you referring to? And what aspect of the faith are you wondering about?

wildflower

[MENTION=9331]freeeekyyy[/MENTION], was your question for the OP or me? sorry, i couldn't tell. i was referring to christianity in my post but wasn't really asking about others but would be interested to hear about experiences from other faiths.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9331]freeeekyyy[/MENTION], was your question for the OP or me? sorry, i couldn't tell. i was referring to christianity in my post but wasn't really asking about others but would be interested to hear about experiences from other faiths.

For some reason I was thinking you were the OP. What you said in your earlier post made a lot of sense to me. Different types are better suited to different roles.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think that different denominations appeal to different personalities. Just looking within the Christian church, you have a large range from strict denominations with a lot of rules, to churches that emphasize grace and how God loves us so much, to charismatic churches where you are dancing in the aisles.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
People are special snowflakes and you can't correlate religion with jar labels like types. *sniff*