User Tag List

12 Last

Default What types are the most attracted to religious organizations?

are ESFJ´s the most attracted to such organizations?

hi. i'm guessing you posted this in response to my rather emphatic post saying ESFJs are not associated with theology on another thread that linked type and (quintessential) career pick. ESFJs, and most SJs, would probably make good religious organizational people (servants) and maybe even pastors, although NFs are more commonly pastoral types with their nurturing and counseling traits. SJs do tend to like organizations though. but theologians are more analytical, big picture thinkers and would much more likely be NTs. all types can be attracted to religion or spirituality contrary to popular belief but some types may particularly gravitate to specific areas, positions or even types of religion. e.g. NTs would make good theologians, NFs good contemplatives & mystics, SJs good servant workers (e.g. sunday school teachers, work in a food pantry, etc.), SPs good missionaries maybe.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Good above post- I would like to kind of generalize that even more to say that every type will have their own reasons for being attracted to these organizations- I think it depends on what angle you approach them from.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    hi. i'm guessing you posted this in response to my rather emphatic post saying ESFJs are not associated with theology on another thread that linked type and (quintessential) career pick.
    Hi, actually I haven´t seen that thread yet...

ESFJs, and most SJs, would probably make good religious organizational people (servants) and maybe even pastors, although NFs are more commonly pastoral types with their nurturing and counseling traits. SJs do tend to like organizations though. but theologians are more analytical, big picture thinkers and would much more likely be NTs. all types can be attracted to religion or spirituality contrary to popular belief but some types may particularly gravitate to specific areas, positions or even types of religion. e.g. NTs would make good theologians, NFs good contemplatives & mystics, SJs good servant workers (e.g. sunday school teachers, work in a food pantry, etc.), SPs good missionaries maybe.
    different functions within the organization require different types.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Stop. Please. Stop.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Stop. Please. Stop.
    This really made me laugh. Stop. Please Make it Stop. Stop. *hands thrust to sides of head*

Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    Hi, actually I haven´t seen that thread yet...
    lol

different functions within the organization require different types.
    yes, and i was only referring to one particular religion in its institutional form and admittedly painting with a rather broad brush. not all religions or spiritualities are organized. also, there are many within distinct faiths that aren't into the organizational forms. recently i've been part of a movement that is rather anti-institutional within my own faith. in one conversation we did find that many of us were "cultural creatives".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

lol

yes, and i was only referring to one particular religion in its institutional form and admittedly painting with a rather broad brush. not all religions or spiritualities are organized. also, there are many within distinct faiths that aren't into the organizational forms. recently i've been part of a movement that is rather anti-institutional within my own faith. in one conversation we did find that many of us were "cultural creatives".
    What faith are you referring to? And what aspect of the faith are you wondering about?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

@freeeekyyy, was your question for the OP or me? sorry, i couldn't tell. i was referring to christianity in my post but wasn't really asking about others but would be interested to hear about experiences from other faiths.