• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

First Description You Read of Your Type

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
So, there are many different websites where you can take an MBTI test, and obviously each website has its own description of each personality type. What was the first description you read of your type? For me, it was:

People like you are intense, private, and creative. You are a highly imaginative and intellectual person, and are rarely satisfied with anything less than a full and logical understanding of issues. Serious, quiet, and cautious, you tend to initially hang back from new social situations, and you are pretty selective about which activities you get involved in and which people you befriend. You probably have a small group of trusted friends and also enjoy spending time alone, delving deeply into the subjects and activities that interest you. You keeps your feelings and your private thoughts to yourself, or share them occasionally with your very closest friends. You have a rich inner life and may enjoy studying and reading about perspectives or lifestyles that are out of the ordinary. You quickly grasp complex concepts or theories, and are able to glean the less obvious meanings of information. But you may have little patience for anything superficial or repetitive.

You are super independent and are willing to stand up for your positions, even if others disagree. But you may be stubborn and have difficulty changing your mind once it's made up. You are also a naturally skeptical person who questions the way things are so only a sound logical argument is likely to persuade or convince you. Calm and emotionally self-contained, you don't like when other people exaggerate or over-react. Overall, you are much more interested in meeting or exceeding your own high personal standards than trying to please other people.

Note: Based on our assessment, your personality type is "INTJ."

Your Strengths and Blindspots

Your strengths may include:

Developing and following a well laid-out plan
Thoroughly researching options, especially using the Internet
Looking down the road and anticipating how your needs and interests may change
Using your creativity to solve problems that arise
Creating an impression of a thoughtful, intelligent person

Your blindspots may include:

Setting a goal so high that is impossible to reach
Not being realistic about certain aspects of your research
Appearing overly confident or arrogant
Not conveying enthusiasm
Not expressing yourself clearly or simply enough

For a career to be satisfying for you, it should:

Let you create and develop original and innovative solutions.
Let you focus your energy on implementing your good ideas.
Let you use your ability to do strategic planning.
Allow you to work independently and with other competent people.
Challenge your intellectual curiosity.
Reward you fairly for your contributions and give you plenty of opportunities to advance.
Let you produce a product or service that meets your own high standards.
Provide you with a high degree of autonomy and control.

Your Preferred Learning Style:

Respect for your need for continuous intellectual challenge.
Provide ample opportunity to read and reflect before responding.
Give you the option to work alone or with small groups.
Offer the opportunity to question and challenge your teachers.
High standards that you are expected to achieve.
Rewards for your originality, independence, and competence.

I thought it was amazing how accurately it described me.

Jaguar

You are a highly imaginative and intellectual person, and are rarely satisfied with anything less than a full and logical understanding of issues.

That describes nearly every person I know.

wolfy

awsm
I can't remember, I think it was bestfit. The bestfit isfp description and the esfp description in Personality Types fit best.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. It happened over 20 years ago, and it was in a book. I was not happy that my S and N test scores were evenly matched, forcing me to have to decide between two types.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Kiersey descriptions were the first ones I've encountered. That was back in high school when I thought I was INTJ.