• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How well do you match the stereotype of your type?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- "whoops don't get him started again" seems to be a provocation of some kind and gives the impression that you weren't looking for a real answer. thus the troll face

There is precedence on this forum, it's not as if mine was the first shot across that particular bow by any stretch of the imagination.

- the forum doesn't "deserve" anything from me. I really don't like that word (it's a libertarian thing)

Libertarians are perfectly amoral and a-social, so I can understand your response. But social existence is not ruled by the business contract. Many of us have put a great deal of energy into answering your questions about your own type, and this went on long before I ever arrived on this scene.

And let's not forget that Rand did not champion libertarianism, quite the opposite. It never ceases to amaze me how libertarians can so adore someone who loathed them completely.

- to answer your question though, Ne comes the most naturally to me, followed by Fi which also comes extremely naturally to me. Te is pretty strong, but if takes more energy to use and is was developed consciously more than naturally. thus ENFP makes the most sense

I have never once seen even an IOTA of ENFP represented by your posts. Indeed, as for the stereotypically indecisive P, you are the very epitome of decisiveness regarding every issue except that involving your own type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is precedence on this forum, it's not as if mine was the first shot across that particular bow by any stretch of the imagination.
Libertarians are perfectly amoral and a-social, so I can understand your response. But social existence is not ruled by the business contract. Many of us have put a great deal of energy into answering your questions about your own type, and this went on long before I ever arrived on this scene.
And let's not forget that Rand did not champion libertarianism, quite the opposite. It never ceases to amaze me how libertarians can so adore someone who loathed them completely.
I have never once seen even an IOTA of ENFP represented by your posts. Indeed, as for the stereotypically indecisive P, you are the very epitome of decisiveness regarding every issue except that involving your own type.
- I suppose one must make the distinction between Libertarianism and anarchy. I'm somewhere in between these two ideologies
- the decisiveness comes from 7w8 =)
- I'm 99% sure I'm ENFP, but just for fun, what type do you think I am? ESTJ?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- I suppose one must make the distinction between Libertarianism and anarchy. I'm somewhere in between these two ideologies
- the decisiveness comes from 7w8 =)
- I'm 99% sure I'm ENFP, but just for fun, what type do you think I am? ESTJ?

ESTJ is as laughable as the time you claimed to be an 8. But the idea of a "mildly sociopathic" (your words) ENFP is itself mildly laughable. Your work and business orientation places you in the thinking category. I can easily forget the decisive-J idea and go with ENTP. But the first and third categories at 50% means you are actually two types, or let's say, two faces.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ is as laughable as the time you claimed to be an 8. But the idea of a "mildly sociopathic" (your words) ENFP is itself mildly laughable. Your work and business orientation places you in the thinking category. I can easily forget the decisive-J idea and go with ENTP. But the first and third categories at 50% means you are actually two types, or let's say, two faces.

could you reiterate this?
PS: where do you see Ti/Fe? it's all about function preference (who says ENFPs can be business oriented? look at Richard Branson)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
could you reiterate this?
PS: where do you see Ti/Fe? it's all about function preference (who says ENFPs can be business oriented? look at Richard Branson)

I for one did not type Richard Branson as an ENFP. Here is what I said about that:

That's the problem with Branson's typing. ENTP's tend to start up their own businesses, ESFP's are people persons, ESTP's are opportunistic and tacky, and ENFP's fight for world causes. Branson seems to be all of these.

That's why I agree with the OP. Branson is E__P, although I think ENTP is the most defining type. I agree with others that it isn't defining in some ways. But then, neither are the other types.

Also, I'm not throwing out any F function in your typing. I am saying that Thinking is task-oriented. I'm sure there are a zillion Feelers out there who own businesses. But you personally come across in your posts as the task-oriented kind of business owner, i.e., a thinker. If you are at 50% on the t/f scale, then you're a mixed bag of traits like Branson.

There is nothing in theory that says you can't be a mixed type, and there is nothing, for example, that says you can't be an ENTP with high Fi or some other combination. Those involves scores on two different tests, the MBTI and a functions test. A functions test score can reveal all kinds of strange stuff, such as three extraverted functions as the top results.

I agree that it's "all about function preference," but not ALL; the MBTI cannot encompass the human psyche. XnXp, as in your case, does not correlate with any single MBTI type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This post makes the most sense to me:
...tweener... etc.
Perhaps most people see themselves as a mixed bag of traits that can't be captured by a set of four letters.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is nothing in theory that says you can't be a mixed type, and there is nothing, for example, that says you can't be an ENTP with high Fi or some other combination. Those involves scores on two different tests, the MBTI and a functions test. A functions test score can show all kinds of strange stuff, such as three extraverted functions as the top results.

There is things that says that you cant be mixed type and stuff that explains why some people seem like they are mixed type(to self and others), but arent. ENTPs use Ti/Fe, undifferentiated Fe used with and leading Ti might make it seem like they would be using Fi, but its not Fi that they are using..

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is things that says that you cant be mixed type and stuff that explains why some people seem like they are mixed type(to self and others), but arent. ENTPs use Ti/Fe, undifferentiated Fe used with and leading Ti might make it seem like they would be using Fi, but its not Fi that they are using..

Wouldn't that be Fe tertiary?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://typelogic.com/entp.html
"To the extent that Feeling is developed, ENTPs extravert Feeling judgment. As a result, it is not uncommon to find affability and bonhomie in members of this species. Tertiary functions are potentially utilitarian. Their limitations appear in their relative underdevelopment, diminished endurance, and vulnerability. ENTPs may harness Feeling's good will in areas such as sales, service, drama, humor and art. ENTP loyalty often runs high and can be hooked by those the ENTP counts as friends."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes ENTP has dom Ne, aux Ti, tert Fe and inferior Si. Why?

I'm probably not understanding your unique use of the English language, again.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm probably not understanding your unique use of the English language, again.

Did you think i said something about ENTP not having tert Fe? If so, what made you think that?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you think i said something about ENTP not having tert Fe? If so, what made you think that?

I offered you a quote above to determine if part of it corresponds to what you were saying about Fe. Because I don't understand putting ENTP and Ti/Fe in the same context as Fi. You say Ti/Fe, which are auxiliary and tertiary to Ne in this case, may appear as Fi when Fe is undifferentiated. So I gave you a quote regarding undeveloped tertiary Fe to see if you agree with it.

"Tertiary functions are potentially utilitarian. Their limitations appear in their relative underdevelopment, diminished endurance, and vulnerability. ENTPs may harness Feeling's good will in areas such as sales, service, drama, humor and art. ENTP loyalty often runs high and can be hooked by those the ENTP counts as friends."

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I offered you a quote above to determine if part of it corresponds to what you were saying about Fe. Because I don't understand putting ENTP and Ti/Fe in the same context as Fi. You say Ti/Fe, which are auxiliary and tertiary to Ne in this case, may appear as Fi when Fe is undifferentiated. So I gave you a quote regarding undeveloped tertiary Fe to see if you agree with it.

I dont get why you say the things you say. The quote doesent have much to do with what im saying.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont get why you say the things you say. The quote doesent have much to do with what im saying.

As I said, I'm trying to understand you. Every time you write a paragraph it seems I have to ruminate endlessly over it.

It seems you're trying to get from ENTP (with Ti/Fe) to ENFP (with Fi)?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
As I said, I'm trying to understand you. Every time you write a paragraph it seems I have to ruminate endlessly over it.

It seems you're trying to get from ENTP (with Ti/Fe) to ENFP (with Fi)?

I didnt say anything about ENFPs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didnt say anything about ENFPs.

No, but Elf's listed ENFP type has FI auxiliary. You've completely lost me then. Or were you just talking about the stereotype topic and not Elfboy?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, but Elf's listed ENFP type has FI auxiliary. You've completely lost me then. Or were you just talking about the stereotype topic and not Elfboy?

You said that there is no reason why ENTP couldnt have high Fi, i said that ENTP doesent use Fi, but undifferentiated Fe leading Ti might make it seem like Fi. Whats so difficult to understand?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You said that there is no reason why ENTP couldnt have high Fi, i said that ENTP doesent use Fi, but undifferentiated Fe leading Ti might make it seem like Fi. Whats so difficult to understand?

It's hard to understand where the context isn't obvious. Now you're saying my previous hypothetical statement was the context. I guess I didn't expect it to be taken so literally.

I do believe that function tests tell us something useful about ourselves. I realize you don't like them, however.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's hard to understand where the context isn't obvious. Now you're saying my previous hypothetical statement was the context. I guess I didn't expect it to be taken so literally.

I do believe that function tests tell us something useful about ourselves. I realize you don't like them, however.

I dont get how you dont see it as obvious.. I quoted you and corrected your false assumption on the quote.

I agree that function tests can tell you something useful, but its not about the actual functions that they show. For example there is 4 functions shown that doesent really exist, for example Fi for ENTP or INTP. Like when i had bit of conflict between Ti and Fe, i scored really high Fi on these tests, but it wasnt Fi that i was using, it was just that the questions are crappy and Fe leading Ti can be misinterpreted as Fi by the test.
So the use of this function test isnt about showing how much Fi you have(for non Fi users), but high Fi shows the undeveloped Fe used to lead Ti, or how much the Fe is leading Ti.
Also it should be noted that i was using Fe really much and it was so strong that it was pretty unhealthy, but i wasnt using it consciously and scored really low Fe from tests. After getting over that, my Fe went up in tests and Fi went down, since i gained conscious control over the Fe, and this happened even tho i used less Fe overall(conscious + unconscious usage).

In other words those function tests have total lack of validity, as they arent measuring what they are supposed to measure. This is the problem i have with those tests, also they are misleading people and when someone is trying to understand some troubles in self, they can even make it harder to understand themselves, if they think that they are actually using those fake functions and not realize that the high scores on them are just a sign of conflicting function which they actually use.

It was pretty funny that as soon as i realized that it wasnt Fi that i was tormented by, i started healing. Too bad it took shit loads of time to realize this(had to realize it on my own), since those function tests were misleading me all the time. Then i started to read better info on typology and it made so much more sense and correlated with what i figured out on my own.