• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How well do you match the stereotype of your type?

Spaceskye

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm your typical ISFP sterotype.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not a stereotypical INTJ, however people tell me I have an INTJ's taste in women through.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Beats me. I think I am more INTJ online and more ISTJ in day-to-day interactions.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"The INTP is above all a thinker and his inner (private) world is a place governed by a strong sense of logical structure. Every experience is to be rigorously analysed, the task of the INTP's mind is to fit each encountered idea or experience into a larger structure defined by logic."
- An INTP Profile (intp.org)
Check.
"INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions."
- Portrait of an INTP (The Personality Page)
Check.
"The Architects' distant goal is always to rearrange the environment somehow, to shape, to construct, to devise, whether it be buildings, institutions, enterprises, or theories. They look upon the world -- natural and civil -- as little more than raw material to be reshaped according to their design..."
- The Portrait of the Architect Rational (iNTp) (Keirsey)
Check.
"INTPs contribute a logical, system-building approach to their work. They like being the architect of a plan, because of the scheming and thinking involved, far more than being the implementer of that plan. Implementation tends to be drudgery. They are content to sit back and think about what might work, given their view of the situation. INTPs may ignore standard operating procedures. The hours that they spend are not what is important to them, but rather the completion of their thought process"
- INTP - The Wizard (Lifexplore)
Check.
"likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others"
- Jung Type Descriptions (INTP) (similarminds.com)
Check.

I BELIEVE THE ANSWER IS VERY WELL. :borg:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm secretly too wild and self-absorbed to be an INFJ, and too level-headed and normal to be a 4 :smile:

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I always test INFJ, but the descriptions of INFP always seem a little closer.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Depends on how you read the 'introverted extrovert' tag. I'm pretty much always at home these days, I don't go out unless it's school/work (same thing).

I'm not half as depressed as your standard 4 either. I'm a 479, so there's a lot of positive, ethereal energy to go with my identity-seeking emotions.

G

Glycerine

I don't think I am very stereotypical but definitely have an ENFJ flavor.

Suck at public speaking
Not religious
non PC
blunt/not socially suave
not very idealistic
suck at leadership.... I hate being the leader.
In some ways, I think I fit the stereotype of e5 more.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Not at all. I'm way too awesome and better than everyone for the ENTP stereotype.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty well. Probably more feelery than the average INTP, at least that's how I appear to others.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i'm far from being white, soft and fuzzy, which appears to be the most widespread superficial stereotype of INFPs. i probably seemed more that way until my late teens or early twenties, but it was more of a psychological self-preservation strategy, not the way i really was. besides, i was obsessed with spirituality and tended to deceive myself about being more "loving" (my usage of that word back then makes me cringe, because i don't think i had any idea what it meant). a very insightful friend of mine said that my interior was very different from how i presented to others, and that those who mistook my surface for the true "me" were in for some unpleasant surprises. it is only recently that i understood how right she had been.

when it comes to the more detailed, in-depth descriptions, i do match them quite closely.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been complaining for a while that the stereotypes of my type (INFP) don't fit me at all... At least I don't think they do... Heck half the time I apparently appear INTJ to people... *Shrug*

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not very well apparently

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP: much more as a child, now that I'm older and a little more mature, I look a little more like a TJ than an ENFP.

yes:
- constantly coming up with ideas and wanting to tell everybody
- silly switch (less with age, but still there)
- feminine (somewhat)
- horrible with schedules
- random
- Te bitchslap mode when standing up for someone

no:
- hippie-ish
- emotional
- sensitive (hahaha)

7w8: not very much.

yes:
- undisciplined
- fun
- outrageous
- disregard for rules
- attracts a lot of attention
- addicted to music

no:
- high energy
- party animal
- goofy (I used to be)
- shallow
- enjoys intense stimulation (I enjoy subtle stimulation)
- impulsive

Sp/Sx: everything.

How can you type yourself ENFP given the above information? (Whoops, don't get him started again!) And isn't this thread about stereotypes and not general type descriptions?

As far as stereotypes about my INTP type: :nerd:

Not me. But that is certainly what I would call a stereotype.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How can you type yourself ENFP given the above information? (Whoops, don't get him started again!) And isn't this thread about stereotypes and not general type descriptions?

As far as stereotypes about my INTP type: :nerd:

Not me. But that is certainly what I would call a stereotype.

trollface.png

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

First of all, there is a troll face provided by the smilies here. Or you wanted a bigger one?

Second, above you just described yourself as Te this and Te that. What gives with the ENFP then?

The forum deserves an answer.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all, there is a troll face provided by the smilies here. Or you wanted a bigger one?
Second, above you just described yourself as Te this and Te that. What gives with the ENFP then?
The forum deserves an answer.
- "whoops don't get him started again" seems to be a provocation of some kind and gives the impression that you weren't looking for a real answer. thus the troll face
- the forum doesn't "deserve" anything from me. I really don't like that word (it's a libertarian thing)
- to answer your question though, Ne comes the most naturally to me, followed by Fi which also comes extremely naturally to me. Te is pretty strong, but if takes more energy to use and is was developed consciously more than naturally. thus ENFP makes the most sense