First 5678 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I dont get how you dont see it as obvious.. I quoted you and corrected your false assumption on the quote.

I agree that function tests can tell you something useful, but its not about the actual functions that they show. For example there is 4 functions shown that doesent really exist, for example Fi for ENTP or INTP. Like when i had bit of conflict between Ti and Fe, i scored really high Fi on these tests, but it wasnt Fi that i was using, it was just that the questions are crappy and Fe leading Ti can be misinterpreted as Fi by the test.
    So the use of this function test isnt about showing how much Fi you have(for non Fi users), but high Fi shows the undeveloped Fe used to lead Ti, or how much the Fe is leading Ti.
    Also it should be noted that i was using Fe really much and it was so strong that it was pretty unhealthy, but i wasnt using it consciously and scored really low Fe from tests. After getting over that, my Fe went up in tests and Fi went down, since i gained conscious control over the Fe, and this happened even tho i used less Fe overall(conscious + unconscious usage).

In other words those function tests have total lack of validity, as they arent measuring what they are supposed to measure. This is the problem i have with those tests, also they are misleading people and when someone is trying to understand some troubles in self, they can even make it harder to understand themselves, if they think that they are actually using those fake functions and not realize that the high scores on them are just a sign of conflicting function which they actually use.

It was pretty funny that as soon as i realized that it wasnt Fi that i was tormented by, i started healing. Too bad it took shit loads of time to realize this(had to realize it on my own), since those function tests were misleading me all the time. Then i started to read better info on typology and it made so much more sense and correlated with what i figured out on my own.
    I believe more people should be like you: knuckle down and really analyze the results they get from these tests. Unfortunately, most people just get a moment's entertainment from them and then move on.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I for one did not type Richard Branson as an ENFP. Here is what I said about that:
    Also, I'm not throwing out any F function in your typing. I am saying that Thinking is task-oriented. I'm sure there are a zillion Feelers out there who own businesses. But you personally come across in your posts as the task-oriented kind of business owner, i.e., a thinker. If you are at 50% on the t/f scale, then you're a mixed bag of traits like Branson.

There is nothing in theory that says you can't be a mixed type, and there is nothing, for example, that says you can't be an ENTP with high Fi or some other combination. Those involves scores on two different tests, the MBTI and a functions test. A functions test score can reveal all kinds of strange stuff, such as three extraverted functions as the top results.

I agree that it's "all about function preference," but not ALL; the MBTI cannot encompass the human psyche. XnXp, as in your case, does not correlate with any single MBTI type.
    your impression of me is flattering, but I'm afraid you have the wrong impression. I'm not task oriented at all
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

How can you type yourself ENFP given the above information? (Whoops, don't get him started again!) And isn't this thread about stereotypes and not general type descriptions?
    Err... the stuff in the yes section seems pretty typical of ENFP, and the stuff in the no section doesn't necessarily contradict it. What are you seeing?

Also the general type descriptions are sometimes pretty stereotypical, but if you insist on going more by pure caricatures... how about something more like this? (this one's for me btw)

- yes
    - yes
    - yes
    - yes
    :crazy: - yes
    - somewhat
    - somewhat
    - somewhat
    - usually not
    :burnbum: - no
    - no

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Err... the stuff in the yes section seems pretty typical of ENFP, and the stuff in the no section doesn't necessarily contradict it. What are you seeing?
    What I am not seeing are the things Elf has stated on this forum that would contradict his ENFP type. But it's a good list, except for that one factor, so I'm not saying I don't see the ENFP in him. Of course I've said as much. What I am seeing over the months, however, is a mixture of traits that don't add up to a single type.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Also the general type descriptions are sometimes pretty stereotypical, but if you insist on going more by pure caricatures... how about something more like this? (this one's for me btw)

- yes
    - yes
    - yes
    - yes
    :crazy: - yes
    - somewhat
    - somewhat
    - somewhat
    - usually not
    :burnbum: - no
    - no
    Weren't you also self-labeled as an ENFP at one time?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

This post makes the most sense to me: Perhaps most people see themselves as a mixed bag of traits that can't be captured by a set of four letters.
    Then again, maybe we tweeners are just "admitting" that we havent quite figured out this typing thing? I agree with you that 4 letters isn't enough. I think much of what MBTI fails to capture, enneagram can capture. 16 types put with 9 enneagrams put with 3 variants gets you 100s of combinations (not even counting wings).

For example, Im now (been contemplating this awhile) pretty sure that I'm INFJ 4w3. If it weren't for the enneagram I'd probably question how well I fit the INFJ stereotype. I think many of the MBTI stereotypes are actually stereotypical MBTI enneagram pairs (ie the ENTJ 8)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

I'm too laidback for the esfp.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

What I am not seeing are the things Elf has stated on this forum that would contradict his ENFP type.
    So we actually agree

What I am seeing over the months, however, is a mixture of traits that don't add up to a single type.
    Fair enough, but can't that be said of most of us?

Weren't you also self-labeled as an ENFP at one time?
    That was not supposed to be an ENFP list

That labeling lasted little more than five minutes. It's something I and others have considered a lot but something doesn't quite work when I get there.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

What's the ISFP stereotype?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    What's the ISFP stereotype?