First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Yes ENTP has dom Ne, aux Ti, tert Fe and inferior Si. Why?
    I'm probably not understanding your unique use of the English language, again.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I'm probably not understanding your unique use of the English language, again.
    Did you think i said something about ENTP not having tert Fe? If so, what made you think that?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Did you think i said something about ENTP not having tert Fe? If so, what made you think that?
    I offered you a quote above to determine if part of it corresponds to what you were saying about Fe. Because I don't understand putting ENTP and Ti/Fe in the same context as Fi. You say Ti/Fe, which are auxiliary and tertiary to Ne in this case, may appear as Fi when Fe is undifferentiated. So I gave you a quote regarding undeveloped tertiary Fe to see if you agree with it.

"Tertiary functions are potentially utilitarian. Their limitations appear in their relative underdevelopment, diminished endurance, and vulnerability. ENTPs may harness Feeling's good will in areas such as sales, service, drama, humor and art. ENTP loyalty often runs high and can be hooked by those the ENTP counts as friends."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I offered you a quote above to determine if part of it corresponds to what you were saying about Fe. Because I don't understand putting ENTP and Ti/Fe in the same context as Fi. You say Ti/Fe, which are auxiliary and tertiary to Ne in this case, may appear as Fi when Fe is undifferentiated. So I gave you a quote regarding undeveloped tertiary Fe to see if you agree with it.
    I dont get why you say the things you say. The quote doesent have much to do with what im saying.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I dont get why you say the things you say. The quote doesent have much to do with what im saying.
    As I said, I'm trying to understand you. Every time you write a paragraph it seems I have to ruminate endlessly over it.

It seems you're trying to get from ENTP (with Ti/Fe) to ENFP (with Fi)?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

As I said, I'm trying to understand you. Every time you write a paragraph it seems I have to ruminate endlessly over it.

It seems you're trying to get from ENTP (with Ti/Fe) to ENFP (with Fi)?
    I didnt say anything about ENFPs.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I didnt say anything about ENFPs.
    No, but Elf's listed ENFP type has FI auxiliary. You've completely lost me then. Or were you just talking about the stereotype topic and not Elfboy?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

No, but Elf's listed ENFP type has FI auxiliary. You've completely lost me then. Or were you just talking about the stereotype topic and not Elfboy?
    You said that there is no reason why ENTP couldnt have high Fi, i said that ENTP doesent use Fi, but undifferentiated Fe leading Ti might make it seem like Fi. Whats so difficult to understand?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You said that there is no reason why ENTP couldnt have high Fi, i said that ENTP doesent use Fi, but undifferentiated Fe leading Ti might make it seem like Fi. Whats so difficult to understand?
    It's hard to understand where the context isn't obvious. Now you're saying my previous hypothetical statement was the context. I guess I didn't expect it to be taken so literally.

I do believe that function tests tell us something useful about ourselves. I realize you don't like them, however.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It's hard to understand where the context isn't obvious. Now you're saying my previous hypothetical statement was the context. I guess I didn't expect it to be taken so literally.

I do believe that function tests tell us something useful about ourselves. I realize you don't like them, however.
    I dont get how you dont see it as obvious.. I quoted you and corrected your false assumption on the quote.

I agree that function tests can tell you something useful, but its not about the actual functions that they show. For example there is 4 functions shown that doesent really exist, for example Fi for ENTP or INTP. Like when i had bit of conflict between Ti and Fe, i scored really high Fi on these tests, but it wasnt Fi that i was using, it was just that the questions are crappy and Fe leading Ti can be misinterpreted as Fi by the test.
    So the use of this function test isnt about showing how much Fi you have(for non Fi users), but high Fi shows the undeveloped Fe used to lead Ti, or how much the Fe is leading Ti.
    Also it should be noted that i was using Fe really much and it was so strong that it was pretty unhealthy, but i wasnt using it consciously and scored really low Fe from tests. After getting over that, my Fe went up in tests and Fi went down, since i gained conscious control over the Fe, and this happened even tho i used less Fe overall(conscious + unconscious usage).

In other words those function tests have total lack of validity, as they arent measuring what they are supposed to measure. This is the problem i have with those tests, also they are misleading people and when someone is trying to understand some troubles in self, they can even make it harder to understand themselves, if they think that they are actually using those fake functions and not realize that the high scores on them are just a sign of conflicting function which they actually use.

It was pretty funny that as soon as i realized that it wasnt Fi that i was tormented by, i started healing. Too bad it took shit loads of time to realize this(had to realize it on my own), since those function tests were misleading me all the time. Then i started to read better info on typology and it made so much more sense and correlated with what i figured out on my own.
    — C.G. Jung

Read