First 34567 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - "whoops don't get him started again" seems to be a provocation of some kind and gives the impression that you weren't looking for a real answer. thus the troll face
    There is precedence on this forum, it's not as if mine was the first shot across that particular bow by any stretch of the imagination.

- the forum doesn't "deserve" anything from me. I really don't like that word (it's a libertarian thing)
    Libertarians are perfectly amoral and a-social, so I can understand your response. But social existence is not ruled by the business contract. Many of us have put a great deal of energy into answering your questions about your own type, and this went on long before I ever arrived on this scene.

And let's not forget that Rand did not champion libertarianism, quite the opposite. It never ceases to amaze me how libertarians can so adore someone who loathed them completely.

- to answer your question though, Ne comes the most naturally to me, followed by Fi which also comes extremely naturally to me. Te is pretty strong, but if takes more energy to use and is was developed consciously more than naturally. thus ENFP makes the most sense
    I have never once seen even an IOTA of ENFP represented by your posts. Indeed, as for the stereotypically indecisive P, you are the very epitome of decisiveness regarding every issue except that involving your own type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    There is precedence on this forum, it's not as if mine was the first shot across that particular bow by any stretch of the imagination.
    Libertarians are perfectly amoral and a-social, so I can understand your response. But social existence is not ruled by the business contract. Many of us have put a great deal of energy into answering your questions about your own type, and this went on long before I ever arrived on this scene.
    And let's not forget that Rand did not champion libertarianism, quite the opposite. It never ceases to amaze me how libertarians can so adore someone who loathed them completely.
    I have never once seen even an IOTA of ENFP represented by your posts. Indeed, as for the stereotypically indecisive P, you are the very epitome of decisiveness regarding every issue except that involving your own type.
    - I suppose one must make the distinction between Libertarianism and anarchy. I'm somewhere in between these two ideologies
    - the decisiveness comes from 7w8 =)
    - I'm 99% sure I'm ENFP, but just for fun, what type do you think I am? ESTJ?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

- I suppose one must make the distinction between Libertarianism and anarchy. I'm somewhere in between these two ideologies
    - the decisiveness comes from 7w8 =)
    - I'm 99% sure I'm ENFP, but just for fun, what type do you think I am? ESTJ?
    ESTJ is as laughable as the time you claimed to be an 8. But the idea of a "mildly sociopathic" (your words) ENFP is itself mildly laughable. Your work and business orientation places you in the thinking category. I can easily forget the decisive-J idea and go with ENTP. But the first and third categories at 50% means you are actually two types, or let's say, two faces.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ESTJ is as laughable as the time you claimed to be an 8. But the idea of a "mildly sociopathic" (your words) ENFP is itself mildly laughable. Your work and business orientation places you in the thinking category. I can easily forget the decisive-J idea and go with ENTP. But the first and third categories at 50% means you are actually two types, or let's say, two faces.
    could you reiterate this?
    PS: where do you see Ti/Fe? it's all about function preference (who says ENFPs can be business oriented? look at Richard Branson)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

could you reiterate this?
    PS: where do you see Ti/Fe? it's all about function preference (who says ENFPs can be business oriented? look at Richard Branson)
    I for one did not type Richard Branson as an ENFP. Here is what I said about that:

That's the problem with Branson's typing. ENTP's tend to start up their own businesses, ESFP's are people persons, ESTP's are opportunistic and tacky, and ENFP's fight for world causes. Branson seems to be all of these.

That's why I agree with the OP. Branson is E__P, although I think ENTP is the most defining type. I agree with others that it isn't defining in some ways. But then, neither are the other types.
    Also, I'm not throwing out any F function in your typing. I am saying that Thinking is task-oriented. I'm sure there are a zillion Feelers out there who own businesses. But you personally come across in your posts as the task-oriented kind of business owner, i.e., a thinker. If you are at 50% on the t/f scale, then you're a mixed bag of traits like Branson.

There is nothing in theory that says you can't be a mixed type, and there is nothing, for example, that says you can't be an ENTP with high Fi or some other combination. Those involves scores on two different tests, the MBTI and a functions test. A functions test score can reveal all kinds of strange stuff, such as three extraverted functions as the top results.

I agree that it's "all about function preference," but not ALL; the MBTI cannot encompass the human psyche. XnXp, as in your case, does not correlate with any single MBTI type.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This post makes the most sense to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    ...tweener... etc.
    Perhaps most people see themselves as a mixed bag of traits that can't be captured by a set of four letters.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

There is nothing in theory that says you can't be a mixed type, and there is nothing, for example, that says you can't be an ENTP with high Fi or some other combination. Those involves scores on two different tests, the MBTI and a functions test. A functions test score can show all kinds of strange stuff, such as three extraverted functions as the top results.
    There is things that says that you cant be mixed type and stuff that explains why some people seem like they are mixed type(to self and others), but arent. ENTPs use Ti/Fe, undifferentiated Fe used with and leading Ti might make it seem like they would be using Fi, but its not Fi that they are using..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    There is things that says that you cant be mixed type and stuff that explains why some people seem like they are mixed type(to self and others), but arent. ENTPs use Ti/Fe, undifferentiated Fe used with and leading Ti might make it seem like they would be using Fi, but its not Fi that they are using..
    Wouldn't that be Fe tertiary?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://typelogic.com/entp.html
    "To the extent that Feeling is developed, ENTPs extravert Feeling judgment. As a result, it is not uncommon to find affability and bonhomie in members of this species. Tertiary functions are potentially utilitarian. Their limitations appear in their relative underdevelopment, diminished endurance, and vulnerability. ENTPs may harness Feeling's good will in areas such as sales, service, drama, humor and art. ENTP loyalty often runs high and can be hooked by those the ENTP counts as friends."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Wouldn't that be Fe tertiary?
    Yes ENTP has dom Ne, aux Ti, tert Fe and inferior Si. Why?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read