User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 15 of 15

  1. #11
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Well, I wasn't arguing which causes which. I actually would say that extraversion is a neurological understimulatability to the external world, which is what would lead to merging the subject with the object in the first place, which of course is connected with "inserting a subjective meaning" to objects.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  2. #12
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I would score then as Ni Te Fi Se and Si Te Fi Ne and that's what matters
    If you dont think big5 is relevant, you need to change your view on what extraversion is, because what you say at op isnt MBTI/jungian extraversion, but general speek/big5 E.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #13
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Well, I wasn't arguing which causes which. I actually would say that extraversion is a neurological understimulatability to the external world, which is what would lead to merging the subject with the object in the first place, which of course is connected with "inserting a subjective meaning" to objects.
    Its not understimulation to external world, actually quite the opposite.

    Introverted people have stronger activity on areas of frontal lobes, which inhibit activity on some other areas.
    Now because of less inhibition with extraverts, there is more information inserted to visual cortex from other areas, meaning simply that they put more meaning to perception, while introverts put less meaning to perceptions, but they process this information more by inhibiting what doesent make sense to higher level cognitive functions(not talking of jungian functions). Its unclear how much this happens with audio stimulation, i have only read study done with visual cortex and i doubt its even studied on audio cortex. When it comes to odours, this inhibition doesent apply, actually it seems to be the opposite, if you put a lemon drop on tongue of introvert and extravert, introvert has stronger responce to it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #14
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    If you dont think big5 is relevant, you need to change your view on what extraversion is, because what you say at op isnt MBTI/jungian extraversion, but general speek/big5 E.
    MBTI extroversion simply has to do with function order. the only difference between an ENFP and an INFP is that ENFPs are Ne>Fi and Te>Si where INFPs are Fi>Ne and Si>Te. MBTI extroversion is really a very simplistic concept
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #15
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    MBTI extroversion simply has to do with function order. the only difference between an ENFP and an INFP is that ENFPs are Ne>Fi and Te>Si where INFPs are Fi>Ne and Si>Te. MBTI extroversion is really a very simplistic concept
    I think that your view on it is just simplistic, its actually quite complex when you dig deeper..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. Different Types of Wannabees and their male and female counterparts
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 11:38 AM
  2. There are basicly two types of people
    By Munchies in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 04:21 PM
  3. The REAL differences between introversion and extroversion
    By NewEra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 06:07 PM
  4. There are only 2 types of people....
    By cogdecree in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 01:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO