• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ's; creatures of extremes?

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol @ op. We're srs bsns.

(Really though, pissing us off really is kind of serious business.)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have serious doubts about the Hitler thing. And I don't just say that because I'm an INFJ. Well, partly, but not entirely. :D And how the heck do they know what Osama Bin Laden is when he only ever seemed to come off as a caricature villain? Really not too sure what the man behind the mask would have been like.

[MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION] is right about how pissing us off has serious consequences, though. When I saw your post, what went through my head was how I can be the most loyal and tolerant friend imaginable, but if things go wrong and I feel it necessary to totally cut you off (either because of repeated and unacceptable issues that I've patiently tried to work through, or else because of some real or imagined issue that presents me with what I feel to be an untenable situation), I will be colder about it than most people could imagine. :huh: (While hurting like heck inside, of course.)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Some of those are possible mistypes. Jefferson is often typed INTX, as is Marylin Manson, and I've seen Bin Laden labelled a range of types, including INFP.

In terms of extreme INFJs, the ones I could possibly believe:

Jesus
Gandhi
Martin Luther King Jr. (although I'm still not entirely convinced he's a introvert)
Mother Theresa
Nelson Mandela
Florence Nightingale

Hitler
Grand Ayatollah Khomeini
Bin Laden (again, I'm not sure on him)

I suppose you could say famous INFJs combine charisma and a passionate ideology. This combination is crucial because it explains not only why the are so value driven but also why people find their views so utterly compelling. Their ideas are lofty and they are very actively involved in realising them, rather than simply advocating change and remaining hands off. They are also not just focused on small improvements - they want to destroy the old system and bring about a new, more righteous system.

With these aspects in mind it's not hard to see why this could result in extremes of behaviour and ideology. It's interesting though, that all the above INFJs genuinely wanted to help people. The not so nice ones did what they did with good intentions, rather than feigning belief in an ideology, merely seeking power for themselves and killing people out of spite (unlike many other infamous leaders). I suppose it's not much consolation, though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's simply a matter of a stubborn vision (Ni), but also the capacity to influence others (Fe). That can go good or bad. Oh wait - SouthernKross just said that much more nicely :tongue:

I think ENFJ is possible for some of those also.... I think Bin Laden is ISFJ (why are these guys always Ns?!).

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ja, what Southern-Kross and OA said.

Personally I do definitely see INFJ for Hitler. (Don't feel sure enough about Bin Laden to comment on him.)

And Marilyn Manson's ABSOLUTELY INFJ 4[so/sp?]! May seem odd/unlikely on the surface 'cos of the whole wannabeESTP persona going on, but read some interviews, really listen to his lyrics (which are laden with oblique!symbolic!Ni, creating a highly complex and unique framework of meaning), and it comes through like anything.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why ISFJ?

I read some brief bio about him, focusing on what he was like in his childhood, and it just screamed Si-dom with a nice dose of Fe. Sorry, I don't remember details or facts...

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Can I answer this in the "Brutal Honesty Thread"?

Have at! just quote me and answer it there; I may not be able to respond 'til tomorrow though - if a response is warranted that is.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Have at! just quote me and answer it there; I may not be able to respond 'til tomorrow though - if a response is warranted that is.

Hmmm...on second thought, I'm not sure I want to make a bunch of enemies--especially INFJ ones. I might end up in an oven. ;)

Maybe I'll keep it to myself.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx

hitler2.JPG

That's why.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never knew an entp to resist a discussion.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Hitler was an enfj. :smile: It's already been debated on here.

But most infjs are not Hitler-like. So, again, why?

It's only a theory, but I suspect that xNFJs are the worst people to mess with or offend. (And they might be the easiest to offend, which makes it even scarier.)

It seems like they could and would utterly destroy your reputation and make you an utter pariah--completely cast out of the camp forever--if you crossed them enough.

Again, It's only a theory (Or maybe just an irrational fear of mine). I don't have much to base it on, really.

I'm really sorry if any of that is offensive to you.
:peepwall:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol.

I don't think we are easy to offend at all. We usually (excuse me fellow infjs if you don't agree with my collective use of infjs here) give people numerous benefits of the doubt, which also usually results in something of our own demise, before we would wreak havoc on someone else (even if it deserved). And even then, we'd probably be more likely to walk away than see the other person's reputation or life hurt in any way.

Sounds like you are thinking of some T type. Or perhaps a very unhealthy infj...

Why do you think this way? And, no offense, but you don't seem like an entp to me. :thinking: Are you sure you are?