User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Voice Typing?

Default Voice Typing?

I am wondering if tone-of-voice (and other body language) can be better used to identify type than photos alone. I rejected the idea of photo-typing.

But video-typing maybe more accurate.

I think we will usually be right on any dichotomy that is an extreme for some person.

I vs E, I think comes across fairly well in a voice (as well as in frequency of speech).

Some people have a real "airy" manner of speech that seems to reveal being an iNtuitor.

No offense, but had I heard particular people talk earlier, I would have had a hard time believing they were a Sensing type, if they told me so.

I probably still would have (since they individually determined their type), but it would have made me more skeptical.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Junior Member littlemissgiggles's Avatar
    MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram

Video-typing is an interesting idea. Mannerisms would probably be really helpful in identifying a person's type.

To do it properly though, you would need to film someone without his or her knowledge. People act differently when they know a camera is on them.

Voice-typing is interesting too. You'd have to look at speech patterns, though, not necessarily the sound or quality of the voice. What do you mean by an "airy manner of speech"?

As far as frequency of speech, it seems obvious that it would point to an E/I difference, but it might depend on what the person was talking about. Someone who is comfortable with a topic might tend to speak more quickly about it, regardless of preference.

Aren't there videos on youtube with different types?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't really think you can accurately guess someone's type without examining their acumen and hobbies etc. and then figuring which functions they prefer. You can make a guess, sure, and a lot of the time, you can get it right. I'm usually right on. Even still, I don't put any stock in my ability 'cause usually isn't always, so there's obviously no constant, and if that's the case, I might just be lucky/unconsciously in tune with type statistics. I'm not convinced it's my ability to actually type these people.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It might be useful for introverts and extraverts, but I can't see how for anything else.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Agree with littlemissgiggles' thought about filming the person without their knowledge. People tend to be more "pretentious" when placed in front of a camera. Although discomfort with being filmed might be an indication of a shy introvert...

I think it'll be best to do cross-section sampling across time so that you pick up on behavior of the person across different situations. That will be more accurate.... segments doesn't need to be long... like 30 sec per clip for say 3-4 clips will work fine.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

are you refering to my tendancy to say irrelevant things or trail off in the middle of sentences ygolo?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    are you refering to my tendancy to say irrelevant things or trail off in the middle of sentences ygolo?
    Not exactly.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

those things are frequently complained about when I chat with people- I was just wondering

( I need to be less self centered!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

So airy as in sporadically jumping off on a tangent? You got me curious Ygolo...

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    So airy as in sporadically jumping off on a tangent? You got me curious Ygolo...
    If I understood Ygolo correctly, I think by "airy" he meant having a distant or dreamy quality to one's voice.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp