• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Voice Typing?

ygolo

My termites win
I'd be curious to know what you think about my type now that you've heard me speak, ygolo. :)

Edit: I understand this isn't a "type people based on their voice!" thread but a thread about the legitimacy of voice typing as a concept, but I can't help it, I'm still curious. If it derails your thread badly I'll split it out.

I would say definite introvert.

Couldn't tell much else.

Other than you sounded a bit tired--from working a lot and taking care of kids?

I wonder what I sound like. Maybe I'll actually talk more if I get on ventrillo again.

I always get soft spoken, sweet, I sound nice. I even had friends tell me that they were too tired/drunk/stressed to decode my speech, I don't think I talk in riddles but apparently I do.

You sounded a lot like many of the INFP females I know.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Here's another one of INTJ (or possibly ISTJ), my own: Hap's Video

The start and stop of my voice isn't so bad until I start talking about start-and-stopping, and all of the sudden it got really bad. :doh:

If you notice, I'm much, much more articulate over text because I have an infinite amount of time to make my thoughts understandable. Thus... I sound a lot smarter over the internet than in normal speech.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Duke of York: I didn't listen to the whole thing but your tone sounds not unlike an ISTJ friend of mine.

I wonder if Introversion and Thinking preferences would lead someone to have something of a monotone quality (especially if nervous) and if Judging would cause someone to be very straightforward and direct. S and N might be more related to the content of speech, so if an ISTJ and INTJ were to read a scripted piece, they might be indistinguishable.

Maybe the INF combination would lead to the "airy" quality? Less animated than E/F combination, more animated than I/T combination, and if speaking in abstract terms, it would be an interesting middle ground between the two.

Just theorizing out loud...

I wasn't nervous when recording the video (I am generally not nervous about speaking, be it public or not), but I figure my voice did not have much variation because I was talking about pretty dry subject matter that did not require much emphasis. It was not at all scripted; I made it up as I went along, though I had in mind which statistics I wanted to mention.

Just in case that affects your theorizing...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What I usually get accused of is talking too fast, and constructing sentences in a complex manner (although I don't use unusual words and the syntax is correct). What would that indicate?

The speed of my speech is most often complained about by people from more rural/suburban areas. People from larger cities, especially northern ones, have less trouble understanding me. Lawyers, teachers, and insurance salesmen also seem to have less trouble understanding me.