User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Are Introverts Low Energy In General? Are Extroverts High Energy?

I have been accused recently of being extroverted because of my high physical energy level. I don't think that the two correlate. I am very active alone. I do not consider it bad that I could be mistaken for an extrovert but I do believe that I am introverted. I thought I would ask y'all what you think.

Are you I or E?

What is your energy level?

Any thoughts on the topic?

Danke
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I can see how that would work. I'm a lazy low energy extrovert. Less likely to go partake in activities because I need a lot of rest time- could translate to introvert almost.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I can see how that would work. I'm a lazy low energy extrovert. Less likely to go partake in activities because I need a lot of rest time- could translate to introvert almost.
    Interesting, but would you like to join and just are limited?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    Interesting, but would you like to join and just are limited?
    Yeah. Limited reserve. Need to add that I'm not super low energy, just on the lower side.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I'm the full steam ahead type of person when it comes to getting work done. Most of my high energy is under the surface though. It's weird, I have a lot of pent up enthusiasm... just a matter of if I feel comfortable revealing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP

I have a few extroverted friends who don't have a lot of physical endurance. I guess that is why I question the idea. I like to fight the pigeonhole whenever possible.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    I'm the full steam ahead type of person when it comes to getting work done. Most of my high energy is under the surface though. It's weird, I have a lot of pent up enthusiasm... just a matter of if I feel comfortable revealing it.
    Yes, I relate greatly to this...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

A lot of extroverts (myself included) aren't low energy but are pretty consistent in energy level, 24/7. Most of the time I socialize in a pretty chill way and can maintain that chill socializing for days and days on end. I'm one of those people that likes to have a group of at least two friends around most of the time -- but I'm always comfortable enough with those friends that I don't feel like I have to cater to their needs all the time, which is what would really exhaust me. If I felt like those friends would be okay with me going off and doing my own thing for a bit without needing to take care of them, then I could be around them for weeks, even.

Other extroverts I know tend to be very polar, energy-wise -- i.e. extremely hyper and then completely burned out -- and just maintain that cycle. I know an ENxP and an ENFJ who do that, and almost all the ESFJs I know do that. Sometimes it happens to me, but I just don't get all that wound up very often, mostly because the type of socializing that exhausts me is the fake kind, and I do my best to avoid that. (I'm guessing other ExTJs are like that too.)

Edit: Oh I see, you were talking about physical energy. I don't think that has anything to do with type.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    A lot of extroverts (myself included) aren't low energy but are pretty consistent in energy level, 24/7. Most of the time I socialize in a pretty chill way and can maintain that chill socializing for days and days on end.

Other extroverts I know tend to be very polar, energy-wise -- i.e. extremely hyper and then completely burned out -- and just maintain that cycle. I know an ENxP and an ENFJ who do that, and almost all the ESFJs I know do that. Sometimes it happens to me, but I just don't get all that wound up very often, mostly because the type of socializing that exhausts me is the fake kind, and I do my best to avoid that. (I'm guessing other ExTJs are like that too -- that is, extroverts with lots of Te.)

Edit: Oh I see, you were talking about physical energy. I don't think that has anything to do with type.
    I find the social energy aspect interesting as well, the variety that is.

NPcomplete

On the outside, I usually seem low-energy mainly because most of my energy is spent in frenetic analysis. But I've noticed that my energy level depends on the situations I'm in. If there is a deadline involved, for instance, I'll be very energetic and be focusing mostly (not solely, unfortunately) on what needs to be done. This is very tiring though, so as soon as I finish sparkling, I revert back to being a low-energy electron. If on the other hand, there is no deadline, I'll be outwardly relaxed but my mind will be drifting.

The energy level, to me, is constant. What differs every time is the amount I show and the amount I don't show, or even how I show it. Hmm it's sounding a bit like the law of conservation of energy now.