User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I thought owls were carnivorous and bunnehz were not. Are you saying you're a vegan owl? *paradigm shift!*
    LOL not vegan, I just don't underestimate glitter power. Plus, I could never rumple her sweet bunny fur, so disadvantage mine.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INTP

@allegorystory You sound stunningly like a friend of mine, she is a dynamo. I marvel at her, she makes me look like a slug, and I am a bit of a maniac myself. Nice for you types.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

Glycerine

I am an extrovert who gets exhausted just by going to classes everyday.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Fe, on the other hand, seems like the extroverted function most likely to burn itself out just by operating the way it does -- by not avoiding the draining interactions that Te avoids. I think I was talking to an ENFJ about this? And the ENFJ told me that Fe is an exhausting function for them.
    Does it, really! I didn't know that. I've heard that it can be tiring for INFJs but I get the sense that, with some INFJs, they're actually using Fe to protect themselves. And I thought it was tiring for me because I wasn't sufficiently adept at it. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Well, I'm an extrovert and I has an exceedingly exorbitant amount of energy on a day-to-day basis provided I am in good health.

Right now I work full time and go to school (7 days a week, no days off) and somehow manage to party, study my ass off and not completely neglect my apartment's hygiene. People ask me all the time how I do it, but I guess it's just cause I'm a pretty laid-back person with a lot of energy. Seems to be a good combination.

But I've certainly met low-energy extroverts and high-energy introverts before.
    Wowzers, that is a lot of energy. I'd have to come home some of those days and just sit in a dark room for a bit to recover :P. Is it because the partying re-energises you? Or do you just pull energy from the air?
    3 INTP

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm another very low energy borderline-extravert. It very much makes me "look introverted." It's probably mainly a health issue. But on the other hand an extravert who has overall been kind of a social recluse (some of it due to the low energy in the first place) is of course going to have messed up energy levels

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    Wowzers, that is a lot of energy. I'd have to come home some of those days and just sit in a dark room for a bit to recover :P. Is it because the partying re-energises you? Or do you just pull energy from the air?
    Yeah...I definitely get energy from my social life, but not as much as I get from my studies (mainly: math and physics). I'm fortunate in that I've found something I really enjoy and MAN...it gets me PUMPED. And my work is really fun so that helps.

I'm just really lucky and I think it's cool that I have the chance to make the most of it. Plus I hate being bored so it's good I pretty much have NO time for boredom.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The difference between E and I regarding "energy" is not high or low, but whether the energy is focused outwardly or inwardly. So E may look high and I look low, because we on the outside are seeing what is bring directed outward.

The temperament with Low energy would be the Phlegmatic. The others have energy that push them towards or away from people, in two dimensions (E/I and people/task). Still, in the translation to type, since everything must fall on one side or the other, Phlegmatic usually falls on the I and people-focused side.

Here's the diagram of energy orientation I put together (horizontal is E/I, vertical is people/task):

APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    Does it, really! I didn't know that. I've heard that it can be tiring for INFJs but I get the sense that, with some INFJs, they're actually using Fe to protect themselves. And I thought it was tiring for me because I wasn't sufficiently adept at it. Very interesting.
    I wouldn't take my word for it if I were you. You have more Fe than I do.

Help? @SilkRoad? @fidelia? @Z Buck McFate? @Sparrow? Any other xNFJs willing to fact-check me?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I'm quite up and down energy wise. I do the cycle thing someone mentioned, though I can turn on the energy if I really need to/want to. I guess I'd be described as more solid and strong before energetic. Don't think it has much to do with introversion, maybe something to do with Se... I don't know.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I wouldn't take my word for it if I were you. You have more Fe than I do.

Help? @SilkRoad? @fidelia? @Z Buck McFate? @Sparrow? Any other xNFJs willing to fact-check me?
    Hmm...is using Fe tiring? It depends. I think it can be quite refreshing if things are sort of flowing naturally. It can be exhausting though. I've had jobs where I had to maintain calm and composure for long periods of time with difficult people. Unfortunately, I sometimes have to do it in my personal life too. (I only have one person in my personal life where it's a major drain at the moment, and I'm not expending too much on them currently, but even just one can be so draining.) That can be absolutely exhausting. Or my Fe starts to desert me. I feel like that has happened quite a lot lately. On here too.

I'm pretty low energy generally. I genuinely think I am somewhat lazy but I also have low energy, it's a combination. I've always been like that. I can get big energy surges if I'm having fun (rock concerts really charge me up, that sort of thing) and especially when I travel... I've had times when I was leaving on a trip and I felt exhausted and even ill just before I leave, but then from somewhere comes the burst of travel energy, and it can be quite sustained. If I'm bored or frustrated that will drain me more. But when I get going I can keep going for quite a while.

If some big output of energy is required from me I can keep going for quite a while once I get going. Sometimes there is really huge payback though. I do have days when getting out of bed is a major problem. Sometimes that has been when I'm somewhat depressed, to be sure. But for instance, I had a really crazy (probably ESFP) friend stay for a week recently. It was fun, we talked for hours and I laughed harder than I have in ages. But after she left...I was so tired for days that I was practically ill.

And yeah, Fe is kind of a protective thing for me too, for sure. I think this also has to do with me being type 6 sp-first. We're supposed to be friendly to people partly as a sort of pre-emptive strike and that definitely applies to me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING