• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the most, and the least, brand-conscious personality type?

curiousel

the most brand-conscious types would be those that are willing to pay for a brand not worrying too much for the higher price...

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
why do you think type would be related to something like that? that's getting a bit silly...

(10$ on everyone saying a type that isn't theirs)

curiousel

why do you think type would be related to something like that? that's getting a bit silly...

(10$ on everyone saying a type that isn't theirs)

of course it is related. Some types like to plan before doing anything and make use of lists.

EDIT: this comment was for another thread...

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't think this one can really be pinned to type. People are obviously going to slot ESFJ into the most brand-conscious type, but 99% of ESFJs I know don't give a flying fuck about where their clothes or cars or whatever come from. This, I think, is probably more of an upbringing sort of thing, depending on what social environment a given person is in.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
IME ISFJ/ESFP/ESTJ are the most brand-conscious. INTJ the least.

Of course I'm just contributing with a purely empirical observation, I have no clue about the underlying reasons and/or if such an observation can be extended to different cultural settings.

curiousel

I don't think this one can really be pinned to type. People are obviously going to slot ESFJ into the most brand-conscious type, but 99% of ESFJs I know don't give a flying fuck about where their clothes or cars or whatever come from. This, I think, is probably more of an upbringing sort of thing, depending on what social environment a given person is in.

never heard this about ESFJ. ESFJ are naturally stylish and are very familiar about color, proportion and coordination, but I don´t think they go after brands. I think ENTJ might like some high-end brands and also INFP, ENFP might be very loyal to some...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The posts about, "it is not type related, this is silly" is kind of making me not want to respond- I don't want to wrap my post with all kinds of "post insurance" statements like, "of course, from my observations, not to say this about every xxxx type" etc... so I'm opting out. Something I would respond to for fun, not to debate about.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i actually know a few intj females that are really into designer labels/clothes

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IME ISFJ/ESFP/ESTJ are the most brand-conscious. INTJ the least.

Of course I'm just contributing with a purely empirical observation, I have no clue about the underlying reasons and/or if such an observation can be extended to different cultural settings.

I'm actually pretty brand conscious. There are brands that I rely on and trust. For example, I do a lot of traveling. I know Tumi Luggage is prestige and expensive. I have had a number of things made by them. Briggs & Riley luggage is better. It is sturdier, more functional, and has a lifttime warrante. It's expensive but not as expensive or prestigious as Tumi. So, I always buy that brand now.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
The posts about, "it is not type related, this is silly" is kind of making me not want to respond- I don't want to wrap my post with all kinds of "post insurance" statements like, "of course, from my observations, not to say this about every xxxx type" etc... so I'm opting out. Something I would respond to for fun, not to debate about.
Why let something you disagree with stop you? If you want to respond, then respond.

As for me, I can honestly say I know and care nothing about brands. My ESFP brother and I contrast so drastically, our parents find it quite amusing.

gromit

likes this
Some brands are more about style, and you are paying for the style. But some are about high quality, and they sell more well-made products, which is why they cost more. Almost always you get what you pay for, style, durability, whatever. This has more to do with whether you want a long-lasting product or something a bit cheaper, that can be more easily discarded. I grew up in a household where we always bought cheap stuff pretty much no matter what. But I kind of value things that are well-made, that will last. When I'm investing in something big, I'd like to see that I have a high-quality product, one of the ways I can help ensure that is to look at who is manufacturing it.

Although some things like fashion accessories I don't care so much about quality because it's not going to be keeping me warm or taking a beating outside.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone think wanting the sort of 'officialness' from brand names could link to Te at all?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

I can't stand it when people put down other people's threads, especially for this reason. If they don't like it, they don't have to participate. They can start their own post.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram 3 is probably the most brand conscious because they are concerned about the image they project to others and want to be seen as successful. Certain brands give an image of success. MBTI wise, I don't know.

Least brand conscious? I'm guessing INTx and enneagram 5.

I know I could normally care less about the brand. I usually buy whatever is the cheapest, as long as the quality is acceptable.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
The answer to the opposite question would be NJ. We couldn't give a rat's ass about advertising. I like to actively deconstruct the bull crap they're trying to get me to believe. I also don't care about wearing brand-name clothing, unless it is of actual superior quality. I want to see and feel the value of the item.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The answer to the opposite question would be NJ. We couldn't give a rat's ass about advertising. I like to actively deconstruct the bull crap they're trying to get me to believe. I also don't care about wearing brand-name clothing, unless it is of actual superior quality. I want to see and feel the value of the item.

I would say NFJs would be the best at not being twisted by the marketing. It takes one to know one and we'd be well aware of the strings they are trying pull at your emotions...

I will say that I'm proud to be an apple fan boy. It may be expensive and it may be conformist these days, but they never have failed me. It will be cool and it will WORK! thats their brand...

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I'm actually pretty brand conscious. There are brands that I rely on and trust. For example, I do a lot of traveling. I know Tumi Luggage is prestige and expensive. I have had a number of things made by them. Briggs & Riley luggage is better. It is sturdier, more functional, and has a lifttime warrante. It's expensive but not as expensive or prestigious as Tumi. So, I always buy that brand now.

I'd say this is the opposite of what I assume people mean when they say "brand conscious".