First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    IME ISFJ/ESFP/ESTJ are the most brand-conscious. INTJ the least.

Of course I'm just contributing with a purely empirical observation, I have no clue about the underlying reasons and/or if such an observation can be extended to different cultural settings.
    I'm actually pretty brand conscious. There are brands that I rely on and trust. For example, I do a lot of traveling. I know Tumi Luggage is prestige and expensive. I have had a number of things made by them. Briggs & Riley luggage is better. It is sturdier, more functional, and has a lifttime warrante. It's expensive but not as expensive or prestigious as Tumi. So, I always buy that brand now.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    The posts about, "it is not type related, this is silly" is kind of making me not want to respond- I don't want to wrap my post with all kinds of "post insurance" statements like, "of course, from my observations, not to say this about every xxxx type" etc... so I'm opting out. Something I would respond to for fun, not to debate about.
    Why let something you disagree with stop you? If you want to respond, then respond.

As for me, I can honestly say I know and care nothing about brands. My ESFP brother and I contrast so drastically, our parents find it quite amusing.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Some brands are more about style, and you are paying for the style. But some are about high quality, and they sell more well-made products, which is why they cost more. Almost always you get what you pay for, style, durability, whatever. This has more to do with whether you want a long-lasting product or something a bit cheaper, that can be more easily discarded. I grew up in a household where we always bought cheap stuff pretty much no matter what. But I kind of value things that are well-made, that will last. When I'm investing in something big, I'd like to see that I have a high-quality product, one of the ways I can help ensure that is to look at who is manufacturing it.

Although some things like fashion accessories I don't care so much about quality because it's not going to be keeping me warm or taking a beating outside.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Anyone think wanting the sort of 'officialness' from brand names could link to Te at all?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    The posts about, "it is not type related, this is silly" is kind of making me not want to respond- I don't want to wrap my post with all kinds of "post insurance" statements like, "of course, from my observations, not to say this about every xxxx type" etc... so I'm opting out. Something I would respond to for fun, not to debate about.
    I can't stand it when people put down other people's threads, especially for this reason. If they don't like it, they don't have to participate. They can start their own post.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Enneagram 3 is probably the most brand conscious because they are concerned about the image they project to others and want to be seen as successful. Certain brands give an image of success. MBTI wise, I don't know.

Least brand conscious? I'm guessing INTx and enneagram 5.

I know I could normally care less about the brand. I usually buy whatever is the cheapest, as long as the quality is acceptable.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

The answer to the opposite question would be NJ. We couldn't give a rat's ass about advertising. I like to actively deconstruct the bull crap they're trying to get me to believe. I also don't care about wearing brand-name clothing, unless it is of actual superior quality. I want to see and feel the value of the item.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    The answer to the opposite question would be NJ. We couldn't give a rat's ass about advertising. I like to actively deconstruct the bull crap they're trying to get me to believe. I also don't care about wearing brand-name clothing, unless it is of actual superior quality. I want to see and feel the value of the item.
    I would say NFJs would be the best at not being twisted by the marketing. It takes one to know one and we'd be well aware of the strings they are trying pull at your emotions...

I will say that I'm proud to be an apple fan boy. It may be expensive and it may be conformist these days, but they never have failed me. It will be cool and it will WORK! thats their brand...

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    esfj/intp
    chana, well picked. was going to post this but instead quoted you
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm actually pretty brand conscious. There are brands that I rely on and trust. For example, I do a lot of traveling. I know Tumi Luggage is prestige and expensive. I have had a number of things made by them. Briggs & Riley luggage is better. It is sturdier, more functional, and has a lifttime warrante. It's expensive but not as expensive or prestigious as Tumi. So, I always buy that brand now.
    I'd say this is the opposite of what I assume people mean when they say "brand conscious".