• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What personality types tend to "google" compulsively? Types that search nonstop.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree. And I also google far more than I should.

It's such a double bind, isn't it? It's the ultimate research tool, but at the same time more dangerous at wasting time than any gaming system. :bookish:
Thank God Googling has ZERO calories; if it had any at all I'd weigh 4,587,234 trillion-zillion-bajillion pounds. :shock:

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPS

INTJS

ENTPS all google a lot

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's Ne types that do it the most. I know some INTJs, ENTJs and ISTPs who Google a lot, but they don't get caught up in the Google train of thought like Ne types do.

So... mostly NPs. But there's also SJs, if they have lots of Ne. Like me and [MENTION=1988]sui generis[/MENTION]! We have had MANY conversations about the perils of excessive Googling :laugh:

And I agree with everything everyone's said about ADHD :yes:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't actually google excessively though, but I'll typically eventually get to whatever amount of tabs my computer will allow before crashing :D When I do google it's usually more of a pattern of "OMG I need to find out more about that...(searches) (tabs out three interesting links) (finds five interesting things on one of the tabs) OMG I need to know about all those!! (and the process repeats)" So I'm actually too scattered for compulsive googling? :laugh:

I have more than 90 now... In one window.

Wow your computer must run fantastically :D

curiousel

I don't actually google excessively though, but I'll typically eventually get to whatever amount of tabs my computer will allow before crashing :D When I do google it's usually more of a pattern of "OMG I need to find out more about that...(searches) (tabs out three interesting links) (finds five interesting things on one of the tabs) OMG I need to know about all those!! (and the process repeats)" So I'm actually too scattered for compulsive googling? :laugh:

Wow your computer must run fantastically :D

it does until it crashes, after relaunching, all the tabs are back...

Litsnob

I'm an INFJ who googles constantly. I love Google searches. My ISFJ mother is not computer literate but she loves it when I look stuff up on Google and tell her about it or answer her questions. Often when we are on the phone we will begin to wonder about something and I just google it. My parents have always had a large library of reference books on a variety of subjects. It's quite typical of them and me included if I am there, to haul out all of these books and begin looking things up and then follow all the tangents this leads to. I would say that the information we typically search for will differ a little though they certainly overlap. Mum is very fond of her atlas and loves to look things up there and to see where one place is in relation to another. She also likes phone books and directories. If mum had access to Google she would be looking up more abstract things.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
INTPs usually have already read one article or two about pretty much every subject people may talk about. I think INTPs are the wikipedia rats of mbti. Sometimes it is easy to forget what we were trying to learn about in first place.
Google...perhaps.

Exactly. You check if you have any emails and you see an ad about virtual reality and you search about it and then about what kind of professional you'd need to be to create something like that and then about a workshop advertised in a university website that is about modelling monsters carving wood, and then about anisotropy, which is a quality of wood, and then Finnish houses made of wood.. and then you decide you want to be an architect.

I usually have multiple windows with dozens of tabs each. Yes, it's obsession.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
searching and ruling are only exclusive to the categorical mind :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Me and my ISTJ friend are those people who compulsively google their symptoms and read WedMD articles and convince ourselves that we're at risk for a heart attack

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Me and my ISTJ friend are those people who compulsively google their symptoms and read WedMD articles and convince ourselves that we're at risk for a heart attack

'their symptoms' uh. Checked if they really are your buddies or just telling ?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
'their symptoms' uh. Checked if they really are your buddies or just telling ?

Huh?? No I mean like we do it on our own but we both have the habit :p

Like "why is my nose runny" *googles a bunch* "I have a spinal fluid leak"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Huh?? No I mean like we do it on our own but we both have the habit :p

Like "why is my nose runny" *googles a bunch* "I have a spinal fluid leak"

"nose running" aha

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You'ld thank your grandma for killinjg your hamster, wouldnt you

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think type 5 enneagram are most suspect to hardcore googling.

I have a wing 5 and I google almost everyday. :s

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The most stereotypical trait I have noticed of ALL mbti types is that ALL INTPs read a lot, a lot more than any other type.

So they probably google a lot too.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I doubt that there is one type that does it much more than others. More along the lines of various types doing so for various reasons. Initially, I was going to say any e5 OR e6, for every 5 and 6 I've ever known was a total google junkie long before everyone became as connected as we are now. These were the kids who begged mom and dad for computers in the early 90's, when while it wasn't unheard of to have them, it was uncommon. The motivations, knowledge gathering and skepticism/trust (an authority on information). Introverts will probably google more than extroverts, being more comfortable in the land of ideas. 7's are probably up there as well. So, I'm going to say any type who's core motivation is in the head triad.

Also, I can absolutely see the ADD/ADHD connection. Kind of wonder if we wouldn't find that with much greater frequency in head-triad as well.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so