Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm not trolling, I'm being serious.

Anyway, I probably should have waited to make this thread when I had a credible argument ready to prove my point. I will be writing a more detialed and in-depth response in the near future.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

^^Is it really worth the effort?
    Typology is like Old Navy: everything comes in S, M, L, XL. Those are your choices. Everyone fits in those, more or less, right?
    Whereas reality requires a taylor.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    >Er, didn't you renounce from typology before?

you mean me? that thread of mine, about how typology has become a problem (meanign "a challenge", a struggle for solution/clarity) of my soul was misunderstood by most people, because they can't relate to it. it's wasn't a "critique" of typology at all and certainly not a renounciation, if thats a word. i was just illustrating how typology has a different meaning and mechanism/function in one's live, when seen through the soul (the entire intelligence, including the right brain if you want) instead of just through the rational mind. i'm typologies biggest fan and all of my posts are love letters (including those in this thread)

or you probably didn't mean me. well ..
    No, I was talking to SI.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Typology is the emo kid's horoscope. Maybe not particularly useful or accurate, but somewhat entertaining.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Anyone else think that MBTI, JCF, enneagram, Socionics, and all that inbetween is a complete bunch of bull shit?
    I don't think it's bullshit. I'd say the following:
    - MBTI - useful for self awareness and development. useful to understand how people may be different than you and to learn to appreciate others for who they are and not expect them to think like you. can be useful in understanding how conflict occurs. dangerous to guess what people are, but some partial guesses are useful in understanding people
    - Enneagram - very useful for self development; not sure how worthwhile it is for understanding others (yet)
    - Socionics - unnecessarily confuses things but there is some useful stuff on how relationships may develop
    - JCF - is that Jamaica Constabulary Force or Jewish Community Federation?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

It has its uses. It's definitely not the "holy grail" of knowledge.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Anyone else think that MBTI, JCF, enneagram, Socionics, and all that inbetween is a complete bunch of bull shit?
    There is no scientific proof that these theories are valid. Yet, they do a good job of explaining some of the key differences in personality between people and in the case of the enneagram, your underlying motives.

What's bullshit is when people make overgeneralizations based on the theories, such as INTPs are nerds who are good at math and science; 8's are obnoxious loudmouths, EIEs are drama queens; etc. There are over 7 billion people in the world, of course there is going to alot of variation between people of the same type.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I thought so, and then I finally came to understand the philosophical nature of Jung's functions and that he was explaining them in terms of an ego and its opposing dual nature in the unconscious. He symbolized a complete philosophy of thinking about reality into axiomatically related mindsets of Jungian functions. His explanations never used absolutes in the way we question here, but instead explained how a type of thinking would manifest philosophically and how the dual parts of it would affect and interact it. I have almost no doubt that he was trying to resolve conflicts between people that he saw to have philosophical origins.

The reason why the systems based on it have problems is because they attempt to take this abstract philosophy of types and make it into something concrete, something absolute. And these absolutes don't hold for everyone in a given type of thinking, so there is disagreement and frustration, and annoyance that everyone pretends to know something they have no proof of. And nor do people always fit well into one mindset of thinking. Types do change for maybe even un-explainable reasons or depending on influences of different situations, independent of persona.

Enneagram
    5w4

What sort of "point" do you want typology to have?
    That it's unproven or impractical means nothing to me. It's a bloody interesting way to spend my time and make sense of people. That's, for me, the point. It's all like a game to me and I enjoy playing along.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

It's pointless because, while you see the pretty N in it all, they aren't the kind of studies that are going to lead you to self-actualization, being the sensor that you are. You should be out and about playing sports or musical instruments or some other activity that involves physical dynamism (Se) and looking for underlying patterns (Ni). That would be far more useful. I highly doubt you'll find much that your Ni will comprehend here. Ha! and with Fi you probably just go "Don't like that description..." "OOO... I like that one", with no real direction guiding your understanding (Te).

And no, I didn't read the rest of this topic. My Ni just doesn't care.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.