User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Ah, ironically fallen into an Fi trap. No, I do not believe so.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Anyone else think that MBTI, JCF, enneagram, Socionics, and all that inbetween is a complete bunch of bull shit?
    Trolling is pointless.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't think typoogy is complete bullshit, but nearly so. Especially when people ask questions like 'is condition x associated with a certain type?'
    Glad some of you thik it's useful, though. I guess. Useful for what, I'm not sure.

our understanding of typology is more often on the bullshit side than not. and there is only this understanding. a typology outside of understanding does not exist. the types do exist outside of or understanding, the typology not. (types are made out of patterns of intelligence, typology is made out of concepts, words, logic, abstractions, mental pictues, memories, associations).

its therefore wise to sepparate ones evolving understanding of typology from ones understanding of any current affair in one's live. the understanding of typology is like a fruit and it's useless while it's growing. using it at this stage is dysfunctional. intoxicating. it will fall, when it's ripe, meaning it will come to an end as a mental conceptual understanding (words, logic and so on) and become intuitive immediate wordless knowing of the actual types. the undersanding is like a scaffold, allowing you to climb onto the building of type and then to experience the actual structure from within. once you are within and one with it, the scaffold shall fall apart. this process is the same for the conquest of one's own type as it is for getting in touch with the types of others, as empathy is just like the self, it's not theoretical understanding but alive immediate knowing/being on with, it's made out of the same aliveness which constitues the own self, just look at your dream-characters. you are used to know other types from the outside, like dreamcharacters, then understanding can allow you to enter them and be them (virtually, empathically, not saying you can live their lives). but you can only enter them, as lving selves, not your understanding of them. the understanding (words and so on) never really becomes alive, it has no inside or self.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Jesus Christ not again, do you people know what a troll thread even is?
    The above quote is from another thread you started. Since you freely admit you created a thread to troll, I don't take your threads seriously - including this one.
    The future is for the unafraid.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

it IS pointless if you're not good at it. like many things.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    it IS pointless if you're not good at it. like many things.
    Where were all of the people who are good at it when the 'what type was Jung' thread was active? there was no consensus there, which argues against the theory as a whole.

everyone seems to think they are good at it. i don't think they are and i don't think i am. i think i suck at it, but i suck at a much deeper level than most
    and the amazing thing is, that this monster works for me, despite all the suckiness, it's twisted confusion.
    it's not about getting it right, but about going deep.
    depth is defined as complexity. complexity is not volume, it's structure, it's inter-inked, thus creating levels.
    the monster works, as an information mapping and processing matrix, even if its wrapped, twisted and torched. and it grows.
    i never know what i am looking at (in certain conceptual terms), because the twisted folded matrix creates all those mirror images of everything, but nevertheless i perceive shapes, that would have been invisible or indistinctive before i grew the matrix. shapes inside of me. and once i become aware of them, i can live through them. or come up with meaningfull ways of responding to the shapes in other people. i don't have to know what i am looking at, what i am living, but i have to become aware of the distinct possibility of doing so. call it stupidity, but it nevertheless has it's own live and evolution and meaning and in that is not different from this mythological clarity and rightness of insight, which has never been achieved by anone.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Er, didn't you renounce from typology before? If you're re-renouncing, you could use that thread to announce it...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

>Er, didn't you renounce from typology before?

you mean me? that thread of mine, about how typology has become a problem (meanign "a challenge", a struggle for solution/clarity) of my soul was misunderstood by most people, because they can't relate to it. it's wasn't a "critique" of typology at all and certainly not a renounciation, if thats a word. i was just illustrating how typology has a different meaning and mechanism/function in one's live, when seen through the soul (the entire intelligence, including the right brain if you want) instead of just through the rational mind. i'm typologies biggest fan and all of my posts are love letters (including those in this thread)

or you probably didn't mean me. well ..