User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 89

  1. #61
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Si terrifies me, it feels like...the end of roads. Instead of pathways multiplying into infinity, they are narrowed down into set structures that make the world die, eliminating one path at a time.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  2. #62
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Ne - (amoral) - We all act like it's just a bit of fun but Ne is (not to be dramatic) pure evil. Beware if you give your heart or your money to an Ne user - their loyalties are always fickle and the function is wholly unconcerned about present, real-world needs that need addressing (but I love you guys personally.)
    If the polls on this forum mean anything (and I'm not sure that they do) are any indication, ENTPs are one of the types least likely to be unfaithful or break someone's heart (can't remember if it was on both of these, or just one). I suspect that if ENTPS want to sleep with a lot of different people, they'll just go out and do it and won't hide behind monogamy. I can't remember about ENFPs.

    Ne: No respect for convention, uninhibited by rules. Always testing and poking and proding.

    Fe: Can thirst for vengeance against wrongdoers/desire for punishment/schadenfreude.

    Si: Can encourage stagnation and be suspicious of the unknown.

    Ti: Regards everything as it's own intellectual playground. Not enough thought given to what people will do with what they've figured out, if what they've figured out can have practical applications.
    Last edited by Julius_Van_Der_Beak; 11-30-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    If the polls on this forum mean anything (and I'm not sure that they do) are any indication, ENTPs are one of the types least likely to be unfaithful or break someone's heart (can't remember if it was on both of these, or just one). I suspect that if ENTPS want to sleep with a lot of different people, they'll just go out and do it and won't hide behind it. I can't remember about ENFPs.
    I think that is more the influence of the judging functions. I was speaking about the function in a vacuum.

  4. #64
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I think that is more the influence of the judging functions. I was speaking about the function in a vacuum.
    I guess, in isolation, it can be disloyal. I think the other functions can counterbalance this, though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  5. #65
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Fe: "Society says it's okay, therefore it's right and true and you can't possibly question anything about it and even if you're right, you're still wrong because everybody else says you're wrong."
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  6. #66
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default



    Ahhh, the popularity of one's blindspot in this thread
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #67
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post


    Ahhh, the popularity of one's blindspot in this thread
    Yep. I didn't even realize I'd done that until I already posted.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  8. #68
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Fe: "Society says it's okay, therefore it's right and true and you can't possibly question anything about it and even if you're right, you're still wrong because everybody else says you're wrong."
    Well, what happens when two people with Fi have completely different values? Then what is suppose to happen? Is it just a matter of might makes right?

    And why should one person's standard matter more than someone else's personal standard? Because it is yours?

    Also, lets talk about consequentialism vs. intentionalism in morality. Is Fe more consequentialist, and Fi more intentionalist? It looks that way to me. The problem with intenionalism is that everyone thinks they are the good guy, and thus, there is no real wrong, because everyone means well.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #69
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Well, what happens when two people with Fi have completely different values? Then what is suppose to happen? Is it just a matter of might makes right?

    And why should one person's standard matter more than someone else's personal standard? Because it is yours?
    I see I hit a nerve; I really don't want to get into an argument about this.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Well, what happens when two people with Fi have completely different values? Then what is suppose to happen? Is it just a matter of might makes right?

    And why should one person's standard matter more than someone else's personal standard? Because it is yours?
    Not necessarily. Two Fi users will battle to the point where they decide they have either a) nothing to win from fighting or b) nothing to lose from withdrawing. It becomes Modus Vivendi instead of Veni Vidi Vici.

    As for question 2 you place one value above another because no two values are truly equal. If your value is more empirically correct/justifiable/thought out etc. then why not?

Similar Threads

  1. Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument
    By heart in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 07-24-2017, 12:04 PM
  2. Archetypes of the Functions
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 10-15-2016, 10:25 AM
  3. Functions
    By labyrinthine in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 11:35 PM
  4. Confusing Functions.
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 02:57 PM
  5. How has developing your secondary function changed you?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO