User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by DonCoryon View Post
    Ne to my understanding pulls information from the external environment.
    Actually E functions arent about pulling info about external world, but the opposite, inserting info/meaning into stuff in external world.

I functions take this info inserted to external world by E functions and take it in by leaving out what doesent make sense to the I function pulling it in.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    ... I figured everyone/ a lot of people do that to some extent.
    That's interesting that you said this because your an ENTP. So you have the same functions in as an INTP. Maybe you and I think a lot a like. I've toyed with the fact that I may in fact be ENTP instead of INTP, but no quiz has ever returned that result.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Why can't Fi be words? Fi can be all about words.

And I daydream in conversations, out loud actually, but they are focused and purposeful, not just occurring as randomly as I thought your described yours as doing.
    I don't know much about F or S at all. I've mainly been focusing on N and T. My girlfriend who tests ExFJ (Fe dominant) and she thinks I'm insane. She says she daydreams, only rarely, but in pictures like @shortnsweet.

Off topic: I like Greek gods as well. I actually named all of my pets after Greek gods. I have two dogs, Aphrodite (I call her "die-te"), Athena and then two cats Apollo and Achilles (I know not technically a god but awesome nonetheless).

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Well, answer to your question would be defining what daydreaming is and i dont think defining daydreaming is relevant to this.

The thing with typology is that its only a very small aspect of our psychology and it doesent explain much, its not even meant to.

I think daydreaming could be construed as irrational thought...and that is very function related. Is it not?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Dali

I think Ni + Fi = Victor-esque
    The flip-side.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I think daydreaming could be construed as irrational thought...and that is very function related. Is it not?
    Jung meant totally different thing with his concepts of rational/irrational than that.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Jung meant totally different thing with his concepts of rational/irrational than that.
    Oh GAWD> Not again!

Close enough to what he thought.

Daydreaming is associated, I'd posit, when irrational functions try on various scenarios utilizing rational functions to see how something might play out.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Not everything is function related
    +1

I do think some types are more prone to daydreaming than others - specifically intuitives.

Daydreaming is associated, I'd posit, when irrational functions try on various scenarios utilizing rational functions to see how something might play out.
    As a kid, I used to daydream about that hot looking girl in the class. I also used to daydream about the future and what it would be like when I would have that private plane and drive a Ferrari. And the whole time, I was using irrational functions to try on various scenarios utilizing rational functions to see how something might play out.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    hrmm
    Enneagram
    eh

I'm resurrecting this thread. It's my first post and found this thread in a search, so you can't sue me

So I do the same as the OP. I will spend an incredible amount of time in my head imagining scenarios of things I'm either about to encounter, have just encountered (like in a scene of a movie), or have encountered in the past.

For the future, I'm trying to figure every angle presented to me to counter anything that comes up. I'm trying to make sure I have enough absorbed about the scenario so that even if something comes up that wasn't accounted for, I still have enough data (from the daydreaming, hehe) for my subconscious to handle an on-the-fly solution.

For the present, it's related to simply getting backed up. I find the scene to be too rich with nuances and angles that need to be processed from many points of view. I'll play it through with each character as the center, as in from there perspective.

For the past, it's simply an unresolved issue. Sometimes there's things in my current situation that call acting out previous situations in light of the new experience. The goal from this mesh can be to either solve an issue of the past, else a current one, and if I'm lucky, both at the same time.

I also simply have a lot of weird experiences that are related to dreaming in itself. I lucid dream pretty regularly, have layered dreams that integrate with one another, very symbolic dreams that are lesson oriented, and then there's the in between day-dreaming and real dreaming bizarre experiences.

Like before you go to sleep and are still aware of your surroundings. You go into a place where it's not quite dreamscape, but it's not controllable, either. It's just very intense packets of information streaming through. Sometimes that leads to "OOBEs", which I don't believe in as a genuine experience, BTW. Just a brain-hack of sorts. Sometimes you can awaken and still be processing on that level, yet be walking around for a bit cooking, or getting ready for the day or what have you. Those are my funnest experiences. I become aware of the many aspects of my psyche that are usually processing below my conscious awareness to some degree.

I don't know how this relates to personality type. I don't seem to fit into the system. Meh.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by bran^bran View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread. It's my first post and found this thread in a search, so you can't sue me

So I do the same as the OP. I will spend an incredible amount of time in my head imagining scenarios of things I'm either about to encounter, have just encountered (like in a scene of a movie), or have encountered in the past.

For the future, I'm trying to figure every angle presented to me to counter anything that comes up. I'm trying to make sure I have enough absorbed about the scenario so that even if something comes up that wasn't accounted for, I still have enough data (from the daydreaming, hehe) for my subconscious to handle an on-the-fly solution.

For the present, it's related to simply getting backed up. I find the scene to be too rich with nuances and angles that need to be processed from many points of view. I'll play it through with each character as the center, as in from there perspective.

For the past, it's simply an unresolved issue. Sometimes there's things in my current situation that call acting out previous situations in light of the new experience. The goal from this mesh can be to either solve an issue of the past, else a current one, and if I'm lucky, both at the same time.

I also simply have a lot of weird experiences that are related to dreaming in itself. I lucid dream pretty regularly, have layered dreams that integrate with one another, very symbolic dreams that are lesson oriented, and then there's the in between day-dreaming and real dreaming bizarre experiences.

Like before you go to sleep and are still aware of your surroundings. You go into a place where it's not quite dreamscape, but it's not controllable, either. It's just very intense packets of information streaming through. Sometimes that leads to "OOBEs", which I don't believe in as a genuine experience, BTW. Just a brain-hack of sorts. Sometimes you can awaken and still be processing on that level,
    yet be walking around for a bit cooking, or getting ready for the day or what have you. Those are my funnest experiences. I become aware of the many aspects of my psyche that are usually processing below my conscious awareness to some degree.

I don't know how this relates to personality type. I don't seem to fit into the system. Meh.
    I have similar experiences. I often get weird "I don't know what you're talking about and can't relate" responses when I mention these types of scenarios. That weird half awake and half asleep state. The "hallucinations" or dreams during this state can be quite off the wall and even frightening. And other times it's like a computer processing and sorting information from the day.

Daydreaming is a short-term detachment from one's immediate surroundings, during which a person's contact with reality is blurred and partially substituted by a visionary fantasy, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions, imagined as coming to pass, and experienced while awake.[1]

There are many types of daydreams, and there is no consistent definition amongst psychologists, however the characteristic that is common to all forms of daydreaming meets the criteria for mild dissociation.[1]
    Also: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-health-brain/
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    hrmm
    Enneagram
    eh

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I have similar experiences. I often get weird "I don't know what you're talking about and can't relate" responses when I mention these types of scenarios. That weird half awake and half asleep state. The "hallucinations" or dreams during this state can be quite off the wall and even frightening. And other times it's like a computer processing and sorting information from the day.
    I get that kind of response from most people for most of what I say. You just smile and move onto the next subject for them to stumble on. Eventually they leave, else something will actually be related and discussed in detail.

What I personally experience from intense situations, is that they're the ones most worthy of our appreciation. Just try to allow yourself to remain aware of the experience as something to offer, and not fear. The less you fear, the more it can be understood, or at least appreciated. Pretty sure because of the lack of fear I've developed in various dreamscapes, or dream-like funky processes, the more I'm capable of not being startled and reacting to IRL damage control situations. It's helped me hone an instinct for becoming a bit hero/leader material.

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by bran^bran; 05-08-2014 at 06:32 PM. Reason: sp