First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Ne for sure - extroverted intuition. I don't know about the others.

I would be surprised if Ni daydreams for long because it is attached to Fe or Te, and my impression was that those functions get impatient with daydreaming.

I had the impression S types don't tend to daydream, but I could be wrong.
    I think Ni unchecked would go into deep and focused daydreams.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Not everything is function related
    Okay mister "intuitives with their theta waves" What do you think dreaming/daydreaming is all about? (I think it was you who showed that study, excuse me if I was wrong. )
    (Oh and sorry for derail. It was a mandatory comment in my mind./purpley)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Not everything is function related

This man speaks the truth here. Absorb his message.

MBTI
    INTP

The main focus of my thread is that I think in conversational form. It may or may not be fair to say I learn through dialog. The part that is interesting to me is that no one in my life thinks this way. In this respect I think I'm unique, although I do assume that I am not, although thinking in conversational form must be rare. No one in this thread has said, "Me too".

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm a major daydreamer- it's how I process things- but not like what you're saying. Mine are mostly visual. Learning causes it to a major degree. I just like to stare out the window and see a bunch of pictures in my head and doodle as I am supposed to be "focusing".
    This was very interesting. You ENFP so Ne-Fi. Ne to my understanding pulls information from the external environment. Since my dialog are never truly fanciful, but instead grounded in reality, Ne makes some sense. But instead of being coupled with Fi, which in your case which places images in your mind, Ti brings about words (sounds). Although I think I jumping ahead of myself.

Are your images also based in reality or do they get fanciful?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by DonCoryon View Post
    The main focus of my thread is that I think in conversational form. It may or may not be fair to say I learn through dialog. The part that is interesting to me is that no one in my life thinks this way. In this respect I think I'm unique, although I do assume that I am not, although thinking in conversational form must be rare. No one in this thread has said, "Me too".

This was very interesting. You ENFP so Ne-Fi. Ne to my understanding pulls information from the external environment. Since my dialog are never truly fanciful, but instead grounded in reality, Ne makes some sense. But instead of being coupled with Fi, which in your case which places images in your mind, Ti brings about words (sounds). Although I think I jumping ahead of myself.

I don't know if it's Fi for me, the images, I think it's just brain-area, I think of right brained stuff vs. left brained. I would think someone focused more on the left brained side would have more of a verbal thing going on in their head than one full of imagery. They always start with reality or something that is going on right in front of me. As far as I've seen from Ni's on the forum, they are the ones who can have a daydream that is unrelated completely.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Why can't Fi be words? Fi can be all about words.

And I daydream in conversations, out loud actually, but they are focused and purposeful, not just occurring as randomly as I thought your described yours as doing.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

That doesn't mean it's rare. I didn't say "me too" because I figured everyone/ a lot of people do that to some extent.

I daydream in different forms, and yes, imagining conversations is one of them.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Ni daydreaming is focused, deep, imo.
    So true.

Add Fi to the mix and it's basically a Guillermo del Toro-helmed movie up in there.

I go into daydream sequences so real, I can feel my body (breathing, heart-rate, goosebumps, emotions...etc) react as though I was living the sequence.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    So true.

Add Fi to the mix and it's basically a Guillermo del Toro-helmed movie up in there.

I go into daydream sequences so real, I can feel my body (breathing, heart-rate, goosebumps, emotions...etc) react as though I was living the sequence.

I think Ni + Fi = Victor-esque
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Okay mister "intuitives with their theta waves" What do you think dreaming/daydreaming is all about? (I think it was you who showed that study, excuse me if I was wrong. )
    (Oh and sorry for derail. It was a mandatory comment in my mind./purpley)
    Well, answer to your question would be defining what daydreaming is and i dont think defining daydreaming is relevant to this.

The thing with typology is that its only a very small aspect of our psychology and it doesent explain much, its not even meant to.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read