User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ADHD

Default Introverted extroverts? Extroverted introverts?

Introverted extroverts having sweet tarts never hurts when extroverted introverts are at a loss for words like songless birds - say it three times REALLY FAST!! ;D

In all seriousness though...since in actuality the intraversion/extraversion dichotomy is more about whether a person derives their energy internally or externally, theoretically a great many introverts could act very outgoing while many extroverts could be more on the reserved side.

My question is, are there certain subsets of personality types among extroverts that tend to be more reserved in a way resembling introversion, and vice-versa?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC99 View Post
    Introverted extroverts having sweet tarts never hurts when extroverted introverts are at a loss for words like songless birds - say it three times REALLY FAST!! ;D

In all seriousness though...since in actuality the intraversion/extraversion dichotomy is more about whether a person derives their energy internally or externally, theoretically a great many introverts could act very outgoing while many extroverts could be more on the reserved side.

My question is, are there certain subsets of personality types among extroverts that tend to be more reserved in a way resembling introversion, and vice-versa?
    yes. ENFPs are the most introverted of the extroverts (we usually test as introverts actually) . ENTPs and ENTJs can also err on the side of reserved/introspective
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i've heard entps were the most introverted of the extraverts.

samvega had a link about it a long time ago.....
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

And INFJs are 'supposed' to be the most extraverted of the introverts....fwiw
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

ENFPs and ENTPs often wonder if they're introverts; it's almost a cliche. There isn't anything quite equivalent as far as introverts who mistake themselves for extraverts, but ISxPs, especially ISFPs, often love being amidst action and noise (generally thought to be an extravert thing) and the FJ types tend to be quite people-oriented, even the introverts.

I remember when that book 'The Introvert Advantage' was being discussed; several posters pointed out that there isn't much you can say about introverts' traits or abilities that would apply to all types of introverts: most of what was said was far more true of some I types than others. The same would be true of extraverts.

In an earlier thread about this topic, I posted this:

Yes, the strength of the I/E preference varies from person to person, and any type can be slight to extreme in their preference. However, when you look at surface behaviours or traits (acting sociable, or wanting to be amidst activity, or being introspective), that's where you get the "introverted extroverts" or "extroverted introverts" stuff. For example, an ISFJ would likely behave more sociably than an INTP who is just as introverted. Or, an ENFP might be more into self-examination than an ESTJ who is just as extraverted.

So if you look at cognitive functions (do they strongly prefer introverted or extraverted ones, or do they use both almost equally?) that preference is not type related. But if you look at common ideas of introverts and extraverts and try to type based on those, it does seem some types are far more likely to be confused than others. ENxPs often identify with some introverted traits and wonder if they are introverts, for example, even if their self-descriptions sound very extraverted to me.

For someone deep in the throes of introversion, "most introverted extrovert" doesn't actually mean anything. Y'all are still flashing "EXTROVERT" in shiny neon letters to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    For someone deep in the throes of introversion, "most introverted extrovert" doesn't actually mean anything. Y'all are still flashing "EXTROVERT" in shiny neon letters to me.
    Lol. Yeah, me too. I read all these descriptions of behaviour and attitudes from posters that seems so obviously extraverted to me (and definitely far from my own tendencies), and these same posters are going...gosh, gee, I think I might be an introvert, 'cause I want to be alone sometimes and stuff......

I just go

Glycerine

The funny thing is all the ENFPs I have met seem to be big balls of energy where I get sucked into their vortex. the ENFPs I know seem to think I am an introvert while the INFPs tell me I am "deluded" in thinking I am anything but an extrovert. I would guess the ENTPs (I can never tell if they are INTP or ENTP).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    And INFJs are 'supposed' to be the most extraverted of the introverts....fwiw
    I thought that was isfp?