User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I would say that ISFJs are the most extroverted introverts, Fe is very social-oriented, it has no context without having an emotional bond and responsibilities to a broader group of people. I think ENTJs can come off as very stoic and self-contained, their attention is less on casual social interaction and more on external application of accepted conceptual frameworks(Te) so sometimes they can be confused with their introverted counterparts INTJs. I think the ENxPs can be considered the most introverted extroverts because Ne is more head in the clouds plus the very individualistic nature of Ji, so I can see either ENTJ, ENTP, or ENFP as sharing some introverted traits(for various reasons of course).
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    The funny thing is all the ENFPs I have met seem to be big balls of energy where I get sucked into their vortex. the ENFPs I know seem to think I am an introvert while the INFPs tell me I am "deluded" in thinking I am anything but an extrovert. I would guess the ENTPs (I can never tell if they are INTP or ENTP).
    ENFPs seem a lot more extroverted than they really are. we need a lot of alone time and if you ever swing by an ENFPs house spontaneously, you're likely to see their much more introverted side.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    For someone deep in the throes of introversion, "most introverted extrovert" doesn't actually mean anything. Y'all are still flashing "EXTROVERT" in shiny neon letters to me.
    You forgot the other letters that spell "most introverted"

Anybody who is most introverted must exemplify introverted qualities, above and beyond the norm

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    And INFJs are 'supposed' to be the most extraverted of the introverts....fwiw
    they only seem like it because they're directing and their second function is Fe, but truthfully they are anything but extroverted. I've only known 2-4 INFJs IRL, but all of them kinda start to freak out if they don't have enough time to themselves. an ISXX type could probably last a little longer
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ENFPs seem a lot more extroverted than they really are. we need a lot of alone time and if you ever swing by an ENFPs house spontaneously, you're likely to see their much more introverted side.
    But that's the irony right there. Many, i would even say most extroverts are less extroverted at their house because that's a place to relax (unless they are super extroverted). There's no rule saying that extroverts can't have alone time but it's the overall energy that makes the difference. I totally chuckled at the truth of what @senza_tema said.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    But that's the irony right there. Many, i would even say most extroverts are less extroverted at their house because that's a place to relax (unless they are super extroverted). There's no rule saying that extroverts can't have alone time but it's the overall energy that makes the difference.
    yes, but ENFPs tend to need tremendous amounts of time alone, especially after a long party or something. most of the people who know me would probably say I'm introverted
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    they only seem like it because they're directing and their second function is Fe, but truthfully they are anything but extroverted. I've only known 2-4 INFJs IRL, but all of them kinda start to freak out if they don't have enough time to themselves. an ISXX type could probably last a little longer
    That hasn't been my experience with isxx irl.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ADHD

Thanks so much for the kind replies, everyone! There definitely are some very outgoing introverts, and very shy and introspective extroverts...and it makes sense that the intuitive-dominant extroverts (EN_Ps) would be the most introspective on the extraverted side, since their extraversion is first and foremost about gleaning ideas and seeing possibilities!

So, tell me this: do you think it would be easy for an ENFP and INFJ for example, which have the same order of functions only reversed in terms of which they extra rather than intravert, to confuse themselves for the other? That is, might a person whose dominant function is inward intuiting followed by extraverted thinking easily think they're an extraverted intuiter with an Fi auxiliary, and vice versa?

If so, do you suppose there's a fail-safe way to determine if somebody is an introvert or extrovert? One thought I had is perhaps that all introverts, no matter how outgoing, still like to keep a lot of their innermost thoughts and feelings to themselves...while even the shyest extroverts who like thinking alone a good bit of the time would STILL tend to be fairly open about their inner selves if asked, for example. What do you think?