• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People on permanent tertiary/inferior loops.

Barlwooh

To me it seems like that occasionally there is someone who SORT of "doesn't fit" any type? But seems to be on an endless tertiary/inferior loop? For example I've met an INFJ being overly "badass" ALL the time, which to me seemed like really STP:ish? But still not quite? STP gone weirdly bad but still kind of soft with the NF qualities. I've met a guy who generally seemed like an ENTP but at the same time horribly SFJ:sh and a really manipulative seeming ENFP who had this really "narrowminded" vibe to him. All of these i've met more than once, and they're always the same. I might have mistyped them though, I dont know, but generally I just cant get the "vibes" of the functions in a "normal way". I dont know if any of this is making sense.

I've always seen the function order being really liquid. Like I sometimes without any apparent reason go on a Ne rampage, really I seem like an ENFP on ecstacy, and I really dont like conflicts, at least with strangers, damn Fe and its harmony seeking. I can sometimes do that ENFJ "As a person, im perfect" thing, and give a really good first impression, I usually do this with older people, mainly elderly SFJ ladies, its really taxing and annoying, but it comes out naturally nevertheless. But, it always seems the functions go back to that Ti Ne Si Fe order? They sort of rearrange themselves back to the order no matter how long i spend using the third and fourth function, I mean going back to looking at buildings and quickly imagineing their blueprints, looking at locks on doors and trying to imagine what the thing is like inside and how it moves when you turn the handle, or something equally pointless Ti (or Ti Ne, not sure) stuff. Using Ti more than Ne, and using that more than Si and all those. I generally use Ti all the time and the other ones in bursts, it just comes out like that.

BUT THE POINT! The people i mentioned in the first paragraph? They just? Its like they stick there. I HATE going on that Si Fe "arent I a good boy" mode, i always come back to that Ti>Ne>Si>Fe again. But they seem to be stuck. It's like going past the point of being able to come back? And it seems every time i see one of these people? It's always somehow negative, for example you can see the ENFP'ness, but when you act like you would normally act around an ENFP (I wave my hands like a 4 year old girl and raise the pitch of my voice a bit), the reaction is STP'ish, but you clearly see that hes seems to "know" what im doing, which isnt really the case with actual STP's, they just most of the time give that weird look if i do it around them, not knowing how to react. You do occasionally get really NFP'ish reactions, if you didnt, I wouldnt suspect him to be on an endless loop, but he just doesnt seem to fully go back to "pure" Ne-Fi vibe? It seems like Ne and Te are constantly fighting on which will be the leading function in a situation, Te and Ne are not alike at all, it gives off a really weird vibe when theyr both used at the same time. Its the same with the INFJ, Se and Ti "fighting" with Ni and Fe, and so on. Kind of like first and third function cant really decide which one is the first function?

Okay now i dont have a clue of why i got the idea of starting the thread. Have you people noticed this? Am i imagineing the whole thing? Why do some people seem like that? My mind is filled with questions, and i should be doing an exam thats due to tomorrow, i havent even started, and i think ive slept 10 hours in the past 3 days. Oh? Maybe that's why im actually making a thread instead of just lurking, damn sleep deprivation.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's time for a nap.

*throws pillow and yells at you in an STP way*

KDude

There's a lot of it going around. I'm probably one of them. haha..

OTOH, the types are narrowly defined anyhow. Almost anyone could depart from typical descriptions. STPs aren't always Mountain Dew chugging, XTreme autistic badasses. ENTPs can't all be mad scientists. There aren't that many mad scientists to begin with. That's kind of limiting the "range" of expression there. I doubt STPs are unemotional especially. Hell, Madonna is almost universally considered one, and she just divorced her husband because in her words, he was an "emotional retard". For another musician, I bet Joan Jett is an ISTP. She isn't devoid of "feeling" things.

Basically, it's probably all bullshit.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stop emoting in here, Kdude, you big crybaby!!

KDude

Well, I just had a nap. And a latte. That's why I'm emoting.

G

Glycerine

At least half of the time, I go into an aux/inferior loop NiTi, does that count? lol

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A nap. You're taking a nap. :sadbanana:

I'll be writing words in phonetic letters till 6 am. Okay. And I still dont get why some people have weird function orders.

:laugh:

No naps here I'm afraid.

Because we're humans, not function bots?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh:

No naps here I'm afraid.

Because we're humans, not function bots?

Aphrodite and I can claw each other and pull hair in a kiddie pool of STP-fueled Jello, if you like.

Jaguar

There's a reason expressions such as: "One needs a bit of the poet to balance the warrior" exist. We all have a public/private, inner/outer self. It's normal. We are not one-sided. Just because people aren't what you expect them to be, during a particular period of time, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them.

This article is a must-read for all the people out there who like to pathologize to such an extent, that they are now questioning whether even the butter on their knife is in some sort of "loop."

The Faces of Personality Type Development
http://www.personalitypathways.com/faces.html

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not gonna lie...I'm not the most pleasant to be around when I get into an Si-Ti loop :sorry:

Barlwooh

There's a reason expressions such as: "One needs a bit of the poet to balance the warrior" exist. We all have a public/private, inner/outer self. It's normal. We are not one-sided. Just because people aren't what you expect them to be, during a particular period of time, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them.

This article is a must-read for all the people out there who like to pathologize to such an extent, that they are now questioning whether even the butter on their knife is in some sort of "loop."

Oh this page looks interesting, i mean the text looks interesting, the page looks horrible.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who wants to watch me turn counter phobic angry ESTJ and fire up that Te- Si!?

angry.dome

Fi-Si loop is depressing.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I must MUST have an Angry Dome.

G

Glycerine

That was awesome. I am quite fond of my introverted loop (for reals) but the extroverted functions are pretty tight too. :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A truly permanent tertiary-inferior loop? Wouldn't something have to go horribly wrong for the tertiary and inferior to always be in charge? The inferior and the tertiary can show up a lot, especially in negative ways during stress, but is that really a loop? Like, it's common for IxTPs to sometimes become too concerned that they are not fitting in, or ENxPs getting pestered by the same old sensory impressions. It's the nature of the inferior. Aux/Inferior loops are bad enough, as I experience them as a spiraling low-energy state where I don't feel quite awake, as opposed to the standard Dom/Tertiary loops that are kind of fun but unstable. I don't even want to picture a tertiary-inferior loop :shock:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I like my Fi.

I suppose this means I've got pathological issues, and am in a loop.