• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gentle men with aggressive undertones

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
If you are a "gentle" man, or one who would be considered kind, thoughtful, etc., do you find that you have aggressive fantasies or do things like play violent video games or is your internal life just as gentle as your outer life?

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Who doesn't play violent video games? Does another kind of video game exist?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try to avoid the kind of man you just described.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Well, I play "violent" games (very rarely the shooter kind of games though) and might hear sometimes music with more violent lyrics, but not because they are so violent usually. If you watch TV chances are you often see something violent too so I think it is kinda normal? Maybe not my my music taste but as I say I don't listen to it because of violence...

Otherwise I am a kind person and avoid violence in real life totally, although I might defend myself if I get attacked (not that my chances would look very good, lol). I never have fantasies to hurt anyone. So I don't see anything wrong with it.

G

Ginkgo

If you are a "gentle" man, or one who would be considered kind, thoughtful, etc., do you find that you have aggressive fantasies or do things like play violent video games or is your internal life just as gentle as your outer life?

Not normally any violent fantasies, but other than that I fit.

wolfy

awsm
To be honest I really have no idea. I don't even know where to start thinking about it. I'm not sure if I'm gentle, what compared to? I've had aggressive fantasies. enough to warrant a post?

It's enough to make me want to smack someone. I don't know...

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gentle with aggressive undertones

sounds like a wine description.
A rich, dark red wine, surprisingly smooth, Very fruity with spicy undertones and a full bouquet reminiscent of black currant. Gentle oaking adds complexity. Ages delightfully!
Yes, please
party0014.gif

Lark

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjkPracnH1o"]Living with War In My Heart[/YOUTUBE]

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This doesn't only apply to men. Just sayin'. But maybe women have different motivations.

For example, I often watch psycho thrillers or read them as well, but I would never hurt anyone. Usually the psychological aspects fascinate me, and I try puzzling out how the minds of such people work and how they develop a certain way and what's going on 'up there.'

In addition, I love boxing and shit. Sometimes I imagine kicking someone's ass, though, if they hurt me or someone I love. Never actually do it because fantasizing about it suffices, and going to jail isn't worth kicking someone's ass. Besides you can't educate people, so they'd stay stupid and ignorant anyway. So in the end, I'm the only one who would lose. But no one gets hurt by me jabbing, kicking, and cross punching the effer to bits in my vivid imagination.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i like aggressive men with gentle undertones better.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Regarding men, though, I'd say:

I want a strong man who can stand up for himself and protect us if necessary. In addition, it's important for a man to have a strong sense of self and for him to know what he wants in life.

But that qualifies as an *assertive man,* not necessarily an *aggressive* one.

G

Glycerine

Sounds like Scott Peterson, Phillip Markoff,. And who could forget Jeffrey Dahmer, just sayin'.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What man likes to think of themselves as gentle, I wonder?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait, wait, wait, first let's get on the same page with regard to what you mean by 'aggressive' anyway. I think that's a good start.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No I've never had aggressive fantasies, that would feel pathetic: "Oh my gosh, i'm killing people, i'm killing people---... oh no I'm not, I'm imagining it." I used to get intimations of destructive feelings like that, but reflecting on it now it seems really pitiful & craven, & hopefully I'm beyond it now. Video games are boring to me. So no... I don't have aggression, rather hostility, which is manageable by stopping & thinking about how ridiculous & petty it typically is.

:coffee: