123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Ni vs. Ne communication

Doms or aux's. How do you experience these interactions? (Others can weigh in external observations as well- or even include tertiary if it makes sense.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

To me, it seeeeems like Ne is more easily articulate than Ni, but I've also seen some very articulate Ni explanations. It may just be that I understand Ne better (and therefore it seems more articulate to me) because it's my own thought process.

And as was mentioned in the Ne vs Ni thread a few months ago, Ne seems more likely to sum things up, while Ni seems more likely to write walls of text.

I'd be interested to learn about how Ni people experience Ne communication.

I also have a question for both Ne and Ni people. Are you better at expanding on things, or summing things up?

It might not be related to Ne vs Ni, though. I'm definitely better at summing things up or summarizing things than I am at expanding on things, while I know a couple of ENFPs who are better at expanding on things and have trouble editing things down.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I also have a question for both Ne and Ni people. Are you better at expanding on things, or summing things up?

It might not be related to Ne vs Ni, though. I'm definitely better at summing things up or summarizing things than I am at expanding on things, while I know a couple of ENFPs who are better at expanding on things and have trouble editing things down.
    I can go in both directions. I can see so much intricate complexity that it makes it difficult to encapsulate it with any brevity, and at other times I'm brilliant at cutting through the mess and getting to the essence of things.

But I would think Ni would be better at summarising, seeing as it's about convergence.

@shortnsweet could you provide some more specific questions. I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities of such a broad topic
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Glycerine

To me, it seeeeems like Ne is more easily articulate than Ni, but I've also seen some very articulate Ni explanations. It may just be that I understand Ne better (and therefore it seems more articulate to me) because it's my own thought process.

And as was mentioned in the Ne vs Ni thread a few months ago, Ne seems more likely to sum things up, while Ni seems more likely to write walls of text.

So much better at summing things up. On the other hand, I see a lot of walls of text from Ni users, mostly.
    I try to be as brief as possible and hope that people can read between the lines.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I can go in both directions. I can see so much intricate complexity that it makes it difficult to encapsulate it with any brevity, and at other times I'm brilliant at cutting through the mess and getting to the essence of things.

But I would think Ni would be better at summarising, seeing as it's about convergence.

@shortnsweet could you provide some more specific questions. I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities of such a broad topic
    Ni and Ne people interacting together - what do the conversations look like? (Don't mind the other way to respond either.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Hmmmm, that's a good point. Maybe it is weird that I'm better at summarizing!

I was about to say that maybe I do it with Ti, but @Saturned beat me to it in a rep comment!

Last edited by redcheerio; 10-20-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added comment

I'm definitely much better at summarizing things. I have a harder time adding fluff or making long explanations, unless I'm tired and unfocused and start drifting off topic.

Sniffles

I'd be interested to learn about how Ni people experience Ne communication.
    Well I notice that Ne users tend to be quick thinkers who can respond to points on the fly; wheras as a Ni-user I'm more of a "slowcoach" who needs to ponders things through for a while. I noticed that Ne can seem rather hyrda-like in debate; if I respond to one point, all of a sudden I have to answer five more; and if I answer those five points, I now have ten more to respond to - and so on. Wheras as a Ni-user, I usually like bringing things together in one large whole, not breaking them down or apart so to speak("divergence vs convergence as somebody here touched upon I think).

I find it best to focus on one major theme at a time, wheras Ne-user seem to have little difficulty bouncing around from topic to topic. Some people have claimed that while Ne is about breadth, Ni is about depth. I could see how could argue that, since I'm often interested in expanding(to use your term) or exploring more in-depth, wheras Ne-users seem to struggle with this.

I hope this helps give you an idea, hopefully other Ni-doms can offer their observations.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well I notice that Ne users tend to be quick thinkers who can respond to points on the fly; wheras as a Ni-user I'm more of a "slowcoach" who needs to ponders things through for a while. I noticed that Ne can seem rather hyrda-like in debate; if I respond to one point, all of a sudden I have to answer five more; and if I answer those five points, I now have ten more to respond to - and so on. Wheras as a Ni-user, I usually like bringing things together in one large whole, not breaking them down or apart so to speak("divergence vs convergence as somebody here touched upon I think).

I find it best to focus on one major theme at a time, wheras Ne-user seem to have little difficulty bouncing around from topic to topic. Some people have claimed that while Ne is about breadth, Ni is about depth. I could see how could argue that, since I'm often interested in expanding(to use your term) or exploring more in-depth, wheras Ne-users seem to struggle with this.

I hope this helps give you an idea, hopefully other Ni-doms can offer their observations.
    Aha! Astute observations, sir. And very well articulated, thanks.

I like your hydra metaphor. It's true, we are like that!

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

So aptly put, and my experience too. I really admire Ne in action; that quick humor that bounces all over the place, as on le forum.

I feel sooo slow in comparison. What is Ni good for anyway?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com