• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs. Ne communication

Silveresque

I seem to relate MUCH more Ni than Ne. When I go into research-and-analyze-mode, I go really deep and focus intensely on one aspect at a time. My focus becomes very narrow and I look for information that either supports or refutes my suspicions. I sometimes end up tuning out everything else so that I lose sight of the big picture. I think other members have probably noticed my tendency to overanalyze little details to the point where I :beathorse:.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love my general Ni perspective. Of course it can be very problematic with interactions about society. I feel that it is the Ni that allows me to profoundly see all that I do in life. I am generally blind of reality and lack the common sense awareness of what's going on around me for my life is focused within my mind. Ni is pretty much vividly envisioning the intangible.

With that statement, Ni -dominants:
Can see the different perspectives in life with an unbias approach.
Can profoundly imagine scenarios indepth.
Conceive complex patterns that may allow insight of the future.
May seem stoned with their wraith-like quality and introspective nature (I have been accused several times).
Can conceive abstract philosophical concepts and perceptions from meaningless things.
Interpret infinite ways to argue against anything. They will find an additional solution in which one was impossible.
Pretty much see anything you can't with your eyes. And I coincidentally have poor vision.

Ni dominants have a more mature-like wisdom quality to them as they maintain internal perceiving functioning. As INJs, it is our role to create new universes and transcend the vague reality we see today.

Last edited:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Question for Ni: How do you approach brainstorming?

Do you enjoy it? Leave it up to the Ne-ers? Be the one to eliminate the ideas you think won't work and focus on the good ones?
I hate brainstorming. To be honest, I've never seen the point of it, because I feel like in the end you don't end up with anything substantial. I feel like the ideas thrown around are 'unpolished' and I don't trust them, and it can be a bit overwhelming :blush:

Let me give a concrete example. If I try to think about what to cook for dinner tonight, I feel like Ne would try to suggest that I grab everything remotely related to what I would want to eat from the supermarket and in the end I'd end up with a cart full of so much food I don't know where to start. It would be much better to dig deep into the question of "What do I feel like eating?", defining my real need (do I want something soupy or more solid, do I want something creamy or something lighter than that, etc.), then I would be able to come up with the exact answer for the problem.

Sometimes I try to imagine what it's like for Ne users and I feel exhausted just thinking about it. It must be like brainstorming with yourself all day...
:smile:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, brainstorming isn't a favorite amongst Ni users. Although it is likely to approach brainstorming amongst us (just as Si users may fulfill Se activities often), it is natural for us to just converge forth an already established idea.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne comes up with a million ideas about something, Ni narrows them down and fills them out.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Sometimes I try to imagine what it's like for Ne users and I feel exhausted just thinking about it. It must be like brainstorming with yourself all day...
:smile:

It really is like brainstorming all day. Here's the difference though, we very much enjoy that hectic brainstorming. I mean I literally get adrenaline highs from brainstorming about ideas I think are neat. Do I understand the need for narrowing things down? Sure I do, but that happens afterwards. We can focus our ideas after we get them :p

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, brainstorming isn't a favorite amongst Ni users. Although it is likely to approach brainstorming amongst us (just as Si users may fulfill Se activities often), it is natural for us to just converge forth an already established idea.

I would venture that a lot of Ni people don't feel particularly "creative" in the modern day way as much as we are "novel". Creativity today seems to invoke the idea of being able to spawn 5 new ideas from every one, constant tinkering and recombination. Ni is more about a singular shift in perspective; a novel way of perceiving a data set by turning it on it's head.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I actually have a question, and I've been manically looking for this thread for the past 10 minutes, because the search option doesn't allow you to search word as small as two letters ("Ni" and "Ne").

Anyway, I'm an ENFP. My P and J's are quite close though, as you can see in my signature below. I get that at every test.

So, I am looking for a job, and basically I had a half-spoken compromise with this potential employer.....and he just changed his mind. So now I have to start from zero and consider more (all) possibilities. Actually, he didn't say "NO", he just said he won't be able to hire me before Sept 2013, so that leaves me with 9 months with no job. So I have to find an alternate solution (either do something in the middle and then go work with him, or find another job altogether. But he's quite good at what he does, and I'd love to work with him).

Anyway, do you know how my brain decided to tackle this problem? It went like this: "ok, what should i do?" - "i'm not ready to answer this right now" - "oh, i'll think of something. maybe i should sleep on it and i'll eventually get the solution".

This is crazy! This is Ni!! Right? And I'm an Ne user! And I'm sure I use Ne, I do that ALL the time! But I've just noticed that actually I use Ni all the time too! I basically go: "mmm, I don't have the basis to solve this right now"....or "mmm, I will intuitively find the solution, so i'll wait that my brain works automatically" and then I check back some days later and BAM, I have the solution! and then once the main idea is there, then i just work on adding the details around it.

So questions:
- do you agree it is Ni?
- is it possible that you use your main function so much that it works well both as introverted and extroverted?
- is it possible i'm half-way between ENFJ and ENFP? but I'm pretty certain I use Fi, NOT Fe, and I'm also certain I solve my problems in a pragmatic way, using Te and not Ti.

Help/Feedback/Opinions wanted. Please do reply! THANKS!!!