First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Doms or aux's. How do you experience these interactions?
    Highly interesting. With Ni-type people at the best there is a sense of a mutual understanding on a great level and a gradual movement towards exchange. On the negative end, it can be like we're talking on two different and parallel dimensions. (Can you just tell me what it is that you're talking about? I need the springboard or else I'll be confused forever ) In the middle somewhere I play kind of a student role listening to a wealth of esoteric mini-lectures and awesome vision-impressions things

With other Ne-type people, definitely more bounce-factor and general slingshoting-each-other-to-the-stars conversation dynamic. Sometimes get too quiet since we're both getting distracted with our own things....

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I also have a question for both Ne and Ni people. Are you better at expanding on things, or summing things up?
    To sum it up- I can't decide

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Usually if I wish to debate something in-depthly, I make sure I've done my homework or at least have some understanding under my shoulders. Ne-users in their hydra-state I described earlier can seem like they're just making things up as they go along, which can come across as rather unserious from my perspective. A whole random bundle of Ad Hoc arguments so to speak. This can add to the annoyance I mentioned above.

BTW, please don't take this as me Ne-bashing, I'm just trying to explain how Ne looks from my perspective. All in all I like you guys.
    I knew it

Yeah, I could see how that'd look annoying on the other end. I know what happens with me is that I totally intend on exploring the topic at length before trying a debate, but then of course when I 'intend' on doing something, I wait until the last minute. And then the debate is up upon me and of course instead of passing up the opportunity I use the occassion to see how far I can go with making it up as I go along until I have to admit that there is something factual in the way that I just don't know. So I guess it is less seriousness, but I just want the conversation to happen. It's not one of those "just to mess with you" things.

So if Ne is like a hydra, is Ni like Cartman's trapper keeper that keeps assmiliating everything to itself until it's unstoppable - well until it assimilates Rosie O'Donnell?
    Something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Ne: Maybe this , maybe that , or maybe it is something completely different

Ni: This !
    Generally yes, but sometimes intuition in general comes with the "I know this but I don't know why" moments. And even on the Ne side these statements can come out with a sureness to them. Until someone throws in new information and then there is a new "okay, NOW this is how it is" That, and I learn to leave off the 'maybe' part a lot because it gets ridiculously repetitive.....(maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    I downloaded this one. The other was pure madness.
    LOL, the other one was madness, and I loved every second of it. I think it shows the INJ/ENP difference pretty well at least

Ni = deep
    Ne = wide

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Okay fine, Ni wins the Summarizing Award

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Yeah, I could see how that'd look annoying on the other end. I know what happens with me is that I totally intend on exploring the topic at length before trying a debate, but then of course when I 'intend' on doing something, I wait until the last minute. And then the debate is up upon me and of course instead of passing up the opportunity I use the occassion to see how far I can go with making it up as I go along until I have to admit that there is something factual in the way that I just don't know. So I guess it is less seriousness, but I just want the conversation to happen. It's not one of those "just to mess with you" things.
    I've heard this before, where Ne types often are more interested in the conversation itself, wheras Ni types(or me at least) maybe more interested in the substance under discussion.

Unfortunately this can come across as a "just to mess with you" type thing when I can't tell if the Ne person is seriously arguing a certain position, or simply putting forth that position as a hypothetical, etc. Plus sometimes with ENTPs especially I can't tell if they're just teasing playfully or wanting to start some serious sh*t. So much confusion in my corner.

Ginkgo

I like the level of happy in this thread. It's perfect for smuggling killer whales.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry;
    What is Ni good for anyway?
    Some people have claimed that while Ne is about breadth, Ni is about depth.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Ni is good for deep thought, and it comes with Fe or Te, which rule the fn world!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Ni = deep
    Ne = wide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I like the level of happy in this thread. It's perfect for smuggling killer whales.
    You treacherous Ne user, you.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Oh look, it's a carrot.

I don't like to expand or summarize; I like to simplify, which can involve both expansion and summary depending on what the situation requires. Well, I guess I also like throwing a spanner in the works every now and then and complicating things so maybe that's not true either.

I don't even know anymore.

Anyway, I don't find Ni doms invariably difficult to communicate with. Sometimes we have fruitful and enlightening discussions but at others, it's like standing in front of Aladdin's cave and knowing that there's stuff inside but not being able to get to it because I don't know the password.

I find INFJs easier to understand initially because they're driven to make the effort to explain themselves, whereas many INTJs simply don't invest that effort in the beginning.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post

With other Ne-type people, definitely more bounce-factor and general slingshoting-each-other-to-the-stars conversation dynamic. Sometimes get too quiet since we're both getting distracted with our own things....
    Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Question for Ni: How do you approach brainstorming?

Do you enjoy it? Leave it up to the Ne-ers? Be the one to eliminate the ideas you think won't work and focus on the good ones?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ni depth = being close minded about whats on the outside and going deeper into own delusions
    Ne width = seeing how things are related and making sense of stuff

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read