User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    So aptly put, and my experience too. I really admire Ne in action; that quick humor that bounces all over the place, as on le forum.

I feel sooo slow in comparison. What is Ni good for anyway?
    Wow, I never realized people saw us that way, interesting....

Ni is good for deep thought, and it comes with Fe or Te, which rule the fn world!!!

For all our NeTi abilities, we don't get as far in the workplace as we'd like to because we have messy desks and tend to do most of our work at the last minute! :/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

So aptly put, and my experience too. I really admire Ne in action; that quick humor that bounces all over the place, as on le forum.

I never would have thought of it this way. Ni seems like they just know everything to me. They can't just make things up, they know it, and they know the next right thing- they are all knowing. So they can progress more accurately, where as, I always figure, what's Ne good for? It doesn't always seem to have the right answer at all- it just has many possible questions with many possible answers.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well I notice that Ne users tend to be quick thinkers who can respond to points on the fly; wheras as a Ni-user I'm more of a "slowcoach" who needs to ponders things through for a while. I noticed that Ne can seem rather hyrda-like in debate; if I respond to one point, all of a sudden I have to answer five more; and if I answer those five points, I now have ten more to respond to - and so on. Wheras as a Ni-user, I usually like bringing things together in one large whole, not breaking them down or apart so to speak("divergence vs convergence as somebody here touched upon I think).

I find it best to focus on one major theme at a time, wheras Ne-user seem to have little difficulty bouncing around from topic to topic. Some people have claimed that while Ne is about breadth, Ni is about depth. I could see how could argue that, since I'm often interested in expanding(to use your term) or exploring more in-depth, wheras Ne-users seem to struggle with this.

I hope this helps give you an idea, hopefully other Ni-doms can offer their observations.
    The description above is quite apt, but I suspect it seems like we are hoppinf from topic to topic, as Ni doms cannot see our underlying Si framework in our minds-the thoughts are connected like a web, but much of the web is hidden away.

Peguy-once you said the funniest thing about enfps...something about being serious, then saying wierd crazy things....I always recall that and giggle.

Sniffles

Yeah I have to admit I feel the same way at times too. I just can't keep up with Ne, which can lead to a certain sense of annoyance at it(hence my "I hate Ne" rants, which is my form of sarcasm) - more about this below.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I never would have thought of it this way. Ni seems like they just know everything to me. They can't just make things up, they know it, and they know the next right thing- they are all knowing. So they can progress more accurately, where as, I always figure, what's Ne good for? It doesn't always seem to have the right answer at all- it just has many possible questions with many possible answers.
    Yes I've heard Ne-users say similar things to me, one even saying they outright aspired to be more like me. But like AphroditeGoneAwry, I scratch my head wondering what's so special about Ni really, you think deeply about stuff nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you. Also you come across as just too darn serious(I do at least).

I did find the bolded part interesting. Usually if I wish to debate something in-depthly, I make sure I've done my homework or at least have some understanding under my shoulders. Ne-users in their hydra-state I described earlier can seem like they're just making things up as they go along, which can come across as rather unserious from my perspective. A whole random bundle of Ad Hoc arguments so to speak. This can add to the annoyance I mentioned above.

BTW, please don't take this as me Ne-bashing, I'm just trying to explain how Ne looks from my perspective. All in all I like you guys.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    The description above is quite apt, but I suspect it seems like we are hoppinf from topic to topic, as Ni doms cannot see our underlying Si framework in our minds-the thoughts are connected like a web, but much of the web is hidden away.
    Interesting - kinda parallels the hiddern unity of Ni.

Peguy-once you said the funniest thing about enfps...something about being serious, then saying wierd crazy things....I always recall that and giggle.
    Oh was it this remark?

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Interesting - kinda parallels the hiddern unity of Ni.

Oh was it this remark?
    YES!!

LOL, that is exactly what it feels like too!! It's almost like my serious self is sharing my brain with a total crazy person. But it thinks it is all rather funny.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    YES!!

LOL, that is exactly what it feels like too!! It's almost like my serious self is sharing my brain with a total crazy person. But it thinks it is all rather funny.
    Is it actually funny, and the bantering Ne engages in at times is just pure gold. Problem is that for me at least(maybe other Ni-doms share this), too much of it can be overwhelming. Ni silliness OTOH, seems less aggressive by nature(best way I can describe it atm).

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Ni-humor is very punny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Glycerine

Ni= really slow and Ne= constantly moving, from my POV. I can never quite catch up and that is exhausting. EDIT: Very similar to what peguy was getting at. On the other hand, I bet the depth that Ni goes into can seem overwhelming and alien to many Ne users. It can seem like beating a dead horse because of so many tiny nuances.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I've always seen it as Ni draws in, Ne breaks out.

My experience is that the ne user will focus on external associations. They aren't typically concerned with the details of 1 thing. They are concerned with how that one thing relates to another thing, and yet another, expanding each thing into a bigger, and biggest picture. The ni user otoh, focuses on the 1 thing. They look at every detail of that one thing, every angle, its past, its pattern, its future. They must tear it apart to understand it. The ne user must connect it to understand it.

I've always found nening nothing short of spectacular, but there are disagreements.. and they usually boil down to different focus.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts