User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 54

  1. #1
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default What causes us to prefer Thinking or Feeling?

    Considering that we all use both thinking and feeling to some degree, what makes us prefer one value set over the other? Is it biological? Neurological? Psychological? Due to experiences? Nature vs. Nurture? Social?

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    probably a bit of environment and genetic.

  3. #3
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    I do believe there's some connection with hormones. Someone already made these associations, which seems accurate imo.


    The list does not cover functions, but groups. When dealing with SPs and SJs, the T and F factors are pretty much ignored.
    I'm a mere amateur, but I bet it works more or less like this:
    Si/Ni=serotonin
    Se/Ne=dopamine
    Fi/Fe=estrogen dominance
    Te/Ti=testosterone dominance
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  4. #4
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    It's very much genetic imho.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  5. #5
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    @Rasofy, have you seen this article about a study on the correlation between testosterone and aggression?

    It's interesting since it sheds a different light onto the effects of testosterone on humans.

  6. #6
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I agree that it is primarily genetic. When I think of myself as a very young child I see pure Fi.

    My dad is off the charts T and he always tried curbing how emotional I was... didn't really work, .

    I dated an extreme T INTJ and he told me flat out his goal with me was to polish the edges of my emotions so I wasn't quite so emo. I resented it at the time but I have to admit that it turned out rather well.

    Overall I prefer the more feeling side of things because that is simply the way I was built and it's how I work best. I like to use a more "pure logic" method as an augment to my feelerishness at times.

  7. #7
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    @Rasofy, have you seen this article about a study on the correlation between testosterone and aggression?

    It's interesting since it sheds a different light onto the effects of testosterone on humans.
    Wow, very interesting. Hadn't read that. I guess it kinda proves hormones do affect behaviour. Doesn't automatically mean they affect cognitive functions, but it is a great hint!
    I still believe that, above a certain level, testosterone does lead to aggressiveness. Seems they didn't test higher doses to conclude.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  8. #8
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Wow, very interesting. Hadn't read that. I guess it kinda proves hormones do affect behaviour. Doesn't automatically mean they affect cognitive functions, but it is a great hint!
    I still believe that, above a certain level, testosterone does lead to aggressiveness. Seems they didn't test higher doses to conclude.
    Without access to the study, it's difficult to say what their reasoning was for the dosage. I have insufficient knowledge about the negative impacts of synthesized testosterone injected into the human body.

  9. #9
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Without access to the study, it's difficult to say what their reasoning was for the dosage. I have insufficient knowledge about the negative impacts of synthesized testosterone injected into the human body.
    I once read about a experiment that analyzed animals testosterone levels. Usually the pack leaders were the animals with balanced pheromone levels, while the ones with high testosterone levels mostly lived alone, since they were too aggressive to be social. Enough to know that when it comes to hormones, balance matters a lot.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  10. #10
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I do believe there's some connection with hormones. Someone already made these associations, which seems accurate imo.


    The list does not cover functions, but groups. When dealing with SPs and SJs, the T and F factors are pretty much ignored.
    I'm a mere amateur, but I bet it works more or less like this:
    Si/Ni=serotonin
    Se/Ne=dopamine
    Fi/Fe=estrogen dominance
    Te/Ti=testosterone dominance
    So what if someone is Fi/Fe = Estrogen dominance but his/her ring finger is longer than their index finger then where do they stand?
    (Some scientists believe that the ratio of index finger length to ring finger length indicates how much testosterone we were exposed to in our mother's womb. Higher testosterone exposure is thought to lead to a longer ring finger. This is determined as early as 14 weeks into a pregnancy)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Similar Threads

  1. What Caused You To Either Create a Blog or Not Create a Blog
    By digesthisickness in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 03:16 PM
  2. What causes people to tell lies?
    By Rail Tracer in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 04:06 PM
  3. [NF] What causes NF to drop ppl?
    By SUPER in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:13 PM
  4. The Relief Function -or- Why no one ever thinks or feels anything without one.
    By Kalach in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO