User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Conscientiousness roughly translates to J. Agreeablesness to F. Openness to experience to N.
    And what about S? No effect on S?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Disagree that they don't provide some form of hypothesis since many do within the body, conclusions or other areas, but that's too bad that this one didn't. Thanks for checking.
    Yea well hypothesis is a whole another thing than reason for something.

Anyways, in this study they mainly review older studies on testosterone correlating with dominance and other stuff, also explaining the study procedures and explain why they measure testosterone at certain time of the day, validity etc
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    That's the openness to experience spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Yea well hypothesis is a whole another thing than reason for something.

Anyways, in this study they mainly review older studies on testosterone correlating with dominance and other stuff, also explaining the study procedures and explain why they measure testosterone at certain time of the day, validity etc
    Ha..touche!

Would you mind linking the study?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Alright so far most people in the thread think T or F preference is caused by genetics and some think hormones. Could environment, culture, social influence, life experiences etc. be factors too?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's very much genetic imho.
    Do you mean like you're born that way and it's fixed for life?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Apparently not, naturally this correlation between N and openness isnt 100%, but since there doesent seem to be correlation between lack of openness and testosterone, its highly unlikely that there would be a correlation between S and testosterone.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ha..touche!

Would you mind linking the study?
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...92656606000341

But it costs 31 something $, if you dont have access to this stuff from university or something
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have insufficient knowledge about the negative impacts of synthesized testosterone injected into the human body.
    Yes, one question that came to my mind was, putting aside sex drive and aggression, assuming T or F preference is caused by hormones, shouldn't those who receive synthesized injections of estrogen become F and those who receive injections of testosterone become T, afterwards?

Yes, one question that came to my mind was, putting aside sex drive and aggression, assuming T or F preference is caused by hormones, shouldn't those who receive synthesized injections of estrogen become F and those who receive injections of testosterone become T, afterwards?
    Good question and one I don't have an answer for. To be honest, I'm not even completely convinced of the correlation between hormones and dichotomies. But I was willing to discuss the concept purely for entertainment sakes.

Bear in mind that trans-individuals get estrogen and testosterone shots/pills. There are several on TypeC. Perhaps if they're willing, they can discuss the impacts of their hormone shots/pills.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    So what if someone is Fi/Fe = Estrogen dominance but his/her ring finger is longer than their index finger then where do they stand?
    (Some scientists believe that the ratio of index finger length to ring finger length indicates how much testosterone we were exposed to in our mother's womb. Higher testosterone exposure is thought to lead to a longer ring finger. This is determined as early as 14 weeks into a pregnancy)
    Great question. Also hard one heh. Well, I guess T/F preference is not defined within this 14-week period then. May have a fair share of influence, but I'm conjecturing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Since estrogen (female hormone) is shown as the main neurotransmitter for NFs, and testosterone (male hormone) for NTs, I wonder how this works for the case of opposite genders (NF males and NT females). I know that males can have a small amount of estrogen, and females have a small amount of testosterone, but how can those neurotransmitters have a significant enough effect on the brain of males and females? Was there any information revealed about this?
    Unfortunately they didn't focus on why, this information was brought to show how something else worked. I think males are more sensitive to estrogen, while females are more sensitive to testosterone, which in turn would mean that it would take much less testosterone levels to affect females and much less estrogen to affect males F/T preferences. So in the end F males still have higher testosterone levels than T females, and vice versa.
    Perhaps you can produce the study. I'd be interested to read it.
    I can't find it anywhere. I'm not sure where I read this info. Perhaps on the book ''Why him, why her?''. This book brings a lot of data involving the mentioned hormone levels. Give me some days and I will post here what they talk about testosterone there. P's Scout's honor.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------