User Tag List

First 12345 Last

@INTP - can you explain the footnote "Correlations are collapsed across sex except for conscientiousness...etc".

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Uncertain of the exact mechanics but testosterone injections are used to treat women with low to nonexistent libidos. The last that I recall, the effectiveness and impacts of treatment was still controversial.
    Interesting.
    Now to figure out how higher testosterone levels in women influences NT traits, and how higher estrogen levels in males may influence NF traits, or to see if there really is a correlation between the two. Something to study I think.

Get some willing test subjects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

@INTP - can you explain the footnote "Correlations are collapsed across sex except for conscientiousness...etc".
    There isnt difference in results between sexes on other stuff that conscientiousness, so results are merged
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    What comes to testosterone:

Conscientiousness roughly translates to J. Agreeablesness to F. Openness to experience to N.

So what this tells is that with women, a larger amount of testosterone correlates with P, but for men it doesent do that.

Now when it comes to testosterone and E, dominance(which testosterone correlates to) is one aspect of extraversion, but its such a small aspect that it doesent really show with the actual extraversion correlation. So you could say that it has an effect on extraversion, but only on the dominance part, not things like putting more meaning onto external objects, being more outgoing, tendency to think outloud etc etc.

For other things(like T) it doesent seem to have effect on
    So there is insufficient evidence to suggest that testosterone influences higher levels of thinking in either gender, then? But I notice that there is a negative number for agreeableness, which may suggest a decrease of F traits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    So there is insufficient evidence to suggest that testosterone influences higher levels of thinking in either gender, then? But I notice that there is a negative number for agreeableness, which may suggest a decrease of F traits.
    The difference is so little statistically (2.4%), that it cant be seen as an indicator of correlation
    — C.G. Jung

Read

There isnt difference in results between sexes on other stuff that conscientiousness, so results are merged
    Sorry, should have expanded on my question. Did they give any reasons why the differences within the body of the study?

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

The difference is so little statistically (2.4%), that it cant be seen as an indicator of correlation
    Alright, thanks for the clarification.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Sorry, should have expanded on my question. Did they give any reasons why the differences within the body of the study?
    Nope. Studies like this doesent really work like that, they just measured testosterone levels from saliva for some period of time(since testosterone levels vary quite alot) and compared the testosterone levels to results from the questionaires.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I do believe there's some connection with hormones. Someone already made these associations, which seems accurate imo.

The list does not cover functions, but groups. When dealing with SPs and SJs, the T and F factors are pretty much ignored.
    I'm a mere amateur, but I bet it works more or less like this:
    Si/Ni=serotonin
    Se/Ne=dopamine
    Fi/Fe=estrogen dominance
    Te/Ti=testosterone dominance
    I would not completely discount it, but I'm not certain because I actually get my hormones tested on a regular basis, and I have way too much androgen/testosterone (I think she said some ridiculous number like 7 times what I should have).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Nope. Studies like this doesent really work like that, they just measured testosterone levels from saliva for some period of time(since testosterone levels vary quite alot) and compared the testosterone levels to results from the questionaires.
    Disagree that they don't provide some form of hypothesis since many do within the body, conclusions or other areas, but that's too bad that this one didn't. Thanks for checking.