User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I once read about a experiment that analyzed animals testosterone levels. Usually the pack leaders were the animals with balanced pheromone levels, while the ones with high testosterone levels mostly lived alone, since they were too aggressive to be social. Enough to know that when it comes to hormones, balance matters a lot.
    Do you recall which classification of pack animals? Were they carnivores, omnivores or herbivores?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Do you recall which classification of pack animals? Were they carnivores, omnivores or herbivores?
    If I remember right it was made with wolves. The females in special tended to avoid the overly aggressive (high T levels) males.

@saslou that is an interesting question, I will get back to you later I gotta go now
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    If I remember right it was made with wolves. The females in special tended to avoid the overly aggressive (high T levels) males.
    Perhaps you can produce the study. I'd be interested to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Considering that we all use both thinking and feeling to some degree, what makes us prefer one value set over the other? Is it biological? Neurological? Psychological? Due to experiences? Nature vs. Nurture? Social?
    I dont believe that feeling can be trusted as much as thinking, it can result in poor or bad judgement.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

If hormones drive function preferences, hormones also drive appearance, therefore maybe there actually is something to those claims that you can type someone based on face and/or body type.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Since estrogen (female hormone) is shown as the main neurotransmitter for NFs, and testosterone (male hormone) for NTs, I wonder how this works for the case of opposite genders (NF males and NT females). I know that males can have a small amount of estrogen, and females have a small amount of testosterone, but how can those neurotransmitters have a significant enough effect on the brain of males and females? Was there any information revealed about this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Higher testosterone levels in women equate to higher sex drives!

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Higher testosterone levels in women equate to higher sex drives!

Wonder if higher FSH levels during ovulation increase the production of testosterone in women, thus leading to higher libido. There's a possibility that it could be related since FSH also increases testosterone production in males, so it can be likely the same biochemical mechanism applies for women. Can influence more NT-ish behavior in women when they are experiencing those physiological changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post

Wonder if higher FSH levels during ovulation increase the production of testosterone in women, thus leading to higher libido. There's a possibility that it could be related since FSH also increases testosterone production in males, so it can be likely the same biochemical mechanism applies for women. Can influence more NT-ish behavior in women when they are experiencing those physiological changes.
    Uncertain of the exact mechanics but testosterone injections are used to treat women with low to nonexistent libidos. The last that I recall, the effectiveness and impacts of treatment was still controversial.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

What comes to testosterone:

Conscientiousness roughly translates to J. Agreeablesness to F. Openness to experience to N.

So what this tells is that with women, a larger amount of testosterone correlates with P, but for men it doesent do that.

Now when it comes to testosterone and E, dominance(which testosterone correlates to) is one aspect of extraversion, but its such a small aspect that it doesent really show with the actual extraversion correlation. So you could say that it has an effect on extraversion, but only on the dominance part, not things like putting more meaning onto external objects, being more outgoing, tendency to think outloud etc etc.

For other things(like T) it doesent seem to have effect on
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read