User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default How different age groups perceive life

Please tell us your general age group (under 20, 20's, 30's, 40's etc.)

And then tell us how you perceive life.
    Do you think life is easy/hard, a struggle?
    Do you feel like you have a lot of control over how your life goes?
    Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot? (for example, you have learned that perseverence is the key to success or that tolerance is the key to relationships).
    Do you have goals in your life that you think you will achieve or are your goals out of reach?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

One reason I am asking this is because I have found now that I am in my early 40's that life is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have realized that I don't have as much control over my life as I thought I did when I was younger.

I have found that perseverence is very important to achieving goals, because it seems like every good thing requires a great deal of overcoming to achieve. Life also seems to go better if you can go with the flow when changes happen.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

As far as reaching goals, I have already accomplished the two main goals I had for my life. I am just waiting to see how God will inspire me as far what I will do in the second half of my life.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I'm 18 and am halfway through my first (and probably last) semester of college.

I think life is as easy or hard as a person makes it. I plan to make it hard by following my dreams instead of getting a paying job.

I think I control approximately 75% of my life. If I had absolute control, I'd be in New Zealand right now, but I can't afford a plane ticket, let alone an apartment, a passport, NZ citizenship, or really anything more expensive than fixing my car. On the other hand, I can choose what path to put myself on, or to avoid paths entirely. I can choose what to eat, what to do with my time, and how to do the things that I can do.

I haven't found a specific outlook that works for me yet, but I find I do well if I create an environment in which I can create without restrictions while also not hurting anything.

My goal right now is to come up with a really good, achievable goal.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

a jungle

it's awesome if you're at the top of food chain; it sucks if you're at the bottom. climbing the food chain is hard ass work

I have control over how my life will go in the future

Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot? (for example, you have learned that perseverence is the key to success or that tolerance is the key to relationships).
    you reap what you sow

Do you have goals in your life that you think you will achieve or are your goals out of reach?
    yes, several hundred. I'll definitely achieve them, the only question is how
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

23.LifeRocks.It'sTooEasy.IHaveTotalControlOverWher eIt'sGoing.StayTrueToYourself.MillionsOfGoalsIHave AndWillContinueToAchieve.MySpaceBarIsNotBroke.CAPS .
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

16 years old.
    Your one shot at winning the lottery.
    The nature of life is to struggle. It's healthy and it's normal. However, the people at the top do have the unfortunate tendency do their best to make life a special struggle for the people underneath.
    Somewhat. I control the small things, how I react to what @#!*% gets thrown at me, but beyond that, it's in the hands of Lady Luck.
    Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot? (for example, you have learned that perseverence is the key to success or that tolerance is the key to relationships).Determination. Sheer pig-headedness can beat the odds more often than you'd think. Conversely, flexibility. Find alternative means to get to the same end goal. Give some ground now, you'll gain more in the long run.
    I have goals that are right at my fingertips, and goals that I will never reach because of the situation I just ended up with. I'd love to major in philosophy, devote my entire life to thinking of the unthinkable. However, I'm no trust fund baby, and I need food on my plate, so that's shot to @#!*% .
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Please tell us your general age group (under 20, 20's, 30's, 40's etc.) 41

Nice, as long as I am healthy and comfortable, and my life is going the way I like. Not so nice, when I am in bad situations, and unhealthy.

It's a struggle until you figure out your personal winning combination.

Yep, mostly.

I don't think there is a key that works for everyone, but wisdom is generally correct. Being adaptable seems to be of utmost-importance. If you can't change and adapt, you're screwed.

I have so many goals. And when I have reached those, i will just create more goals. My goals are generally reachable and practical. Baby steps. I do have a 5-year plan.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by Stanton Moore; 10-25-2011 at 02:42 PM.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    One reason I am asking this is because I have found now that I am in my early 40's that life is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have realized that I don't have as much control over my life as I thought I did when I was younger.

I have found that perseverence is very important to achieving goals, because it seems like every good thing requires a great deal of overcoming to achieve. Life also seems to go better if you can go with the flow when changes happen.
    Interesting, because I have only recently found that I have more control over my life than I ever thought before. I don't think I ever thought, as many young people do, that I was in control, so it's happened the opposite way for me.

I agree with your thoughts on perseverence. Nothing good in life is easy, to me. As I've said, adaptability is of utmost importance to me, but I'm not sure if I want to go with the flow as much as control the outcome.

I think that some people have it easier early-on, and then later are tested moreso, so they find they aren't as in-control as they originally thought. My situation was opposite, as in, I was tested and re-tested early-on, and I have been able to overcome a lot of adversity, by my own hands. So I think I now find that I am in control, because I have proven to myself I can handle the horrible situations I was dealt in life, and eventually find solutions to them. This ability gives me strength and a sense of peace, knowing that I can handle whatever life throws at me, on my own.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype