User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Do you think life is easy/hard, a struggle?
    I find life to be more of a struggle these days than previously. I just presumed things would get easier with age as i'd of accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience. Although i've gained so much, obstacles remain the way of what i want. Lesson learned - Never presume.

Do you feel like you have a lot of control over how your life goes?
    No. I used to be a control freak but life showed me something valuable (divorce) and i quickly realised ultimately you have little control other than your individual actions. Although more laid back than previously, i have little control over my job prospects, my teenage children's behaviour and ambitions *sigh*

Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot?
    When you fall off the horse, dust yourself down and get back on .. If you need time to recuperate, then do so .. Meditate when life is getting you down, there is nothing better than quietening the mind.

Personally, i find a good sense of humour helps.

Do you have goals in your life that you think you will achieve or are your goals out of reach?
    I've never made myself any long term goals, i like to be as flexible as possible. I've made goals with someone which although personally i didn't believe anything this cool could ever happen to me and it did for a brief moment in time.

My goal for going to Canada is out of reach now (well 3 months from now) and i've got rid of everything which reminds me of it. I've told myself that this isn't for me because something better is going to come along. I have to think this or else i am just a big fat failure.

In the future i suppose i am capable of anything ..
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Please tell us your general age group (under 20, 20's, 30's, 40's etc.)
    mid/late 20s

And then tell us how you perceive life. Do you think life is easy/hard, a struggle?
    Mostly easy, some parts a struggle. I feel a lot more responsibility now than I used to when I was younger. I guess I feel the pull of both pleasure and responsibility now.

Mostly yes, but not over other people, who tend to impact my life in a lot of ways. I don't want to live in a vacuum. The factors that other people introduce are what make life interesting. However, if somebody is being destructive, I'm much much better at limiting their influence.

Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot? (for example, you have learned that perseverence is the key to success or that tolerance is the key to relationships).
    Hm. I do believe that good things are in store for me, that all I need to do is want it, work for it, watch for it. I don't really want anything desperately at the moment. Except for someone to solve family problems - lol - that will not happen though.

Do you have goals in your life that you think you will achieve or are your goals out of reach?
    I don't know what my goals are. I guess be happy, make money, make people happy, have a family at some point, but I can't reeeeally control that last one though.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm 26 and finding that life is opening all the doors instead of shutting them for the first time. Resistance is less,money is good, I've got a good idea of who I am and what I am capable of, and have the tools to do what I need to do. I'm also in great health and single, of course- (nothing holding me back.)

In general, I understand that life will not always be the same, and that this may be the only time I have to act. I feel as though I'm on the lucky end of the spectrum compared to the general public.

Right now, I enjoy doing things as I feel the time is right. Always have been an independent fighter/survivor type person. Now I feel like I don't need as much of the fighting and surviving part and more just going what the flow of where life is taking me- being open to opportunities and acting on them as they come to me naturally. I found that my purpose and goals may be much larger than originally imagined, and that they could actually happen on their own if I just quietly listen to my heart.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Depends on your situation growing up, if you grew up with wealth and pampered, driving a compact car could be a major inconvenience. I would say medium (but without the knowledge of past living conditions, this answer is of little use).

No, life has too many variables, I feel lucky for 20% control (it’s difficult to control others decisions, sicknesses ect). Adaptability to situations is important.

Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot? (for example, you have learned that perseverance is the key to success or that tolerance is the key to relationships).
    Being pessimistic; with the hope that the more pessimistic, the more good things will show themselves. (expect the worse and be glad for anything that isn’t). Also, monogamy and honesty are the only thing to tolerate from a relationship (no less is acceptable (there’s more then two questions in the above).

They range from achievable to non-achievable, too easy makes you lazy; too difficult makes you lose hope.

Over 45 less then 50.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Please tell us your general age group (under 20, 20's, 30's, 40's etc.)

And then tell us how you perceive life.
    Complex, fascinating, sometimes cruel, sometimes incredibly beautiful...something to be observed and studied and analyzed and never stops to amaze you and make you wonder.

The occasional struggle is part of it. Good, bad, easy, tough - most of that is in the eye of the beholder. The world just is. The evaluation is up to you.
    That being said, when and where you are born and who your parents are as well as genetics plays a considerable role. There's the micro level where nobody puts a gun to your head to stop you from doing what you want and the macro level where there are statistically observable structural big picture obstacles.
    Right now, life is mostly good. I am actively working on a few things to get rid of some self-imposed obstacles to happiness.

I didn't give this much thought when I was younger. Psychologists say that people with an internal locus of control (who perceive themselves to be in control of their own fate) tend to be happier and more successful in life - even when they are deluding themselves. Now that I am in my early thirties I have reached a point where I can detach myself from my upbringing and past experiences and analyze my past, present and future in a more objective manner than when I was younger. That helps me to reevaluate some core perceptions about myself and life in general. So in that respect I feel more in charge now.
    On the other hand, I have already made some important decisions and there are a few paths that I will no longer be able to take (or not as easily). But there are also plenty of windows of opportunity that haven't even opened yet because I still need more life experience or professional experience. I think these cancel each other out.

Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot? (for example, you have learned that perseverence is the key to success or that tolerance is the key to relationships).
    - I have discovered that so many of the things we perceive as absolutes as a child are actually human mental constructs. (My mum told me when I was still in elementary school that justice was a concept in people's heads but not something that precedes humans)
    - There are at least two sides to every story and many, many shades of grey. I am increasingly reluctant to form a firm black-and-white opinion on many things.
    - Few people try to be "evil" on purpose. They either don't think or are well meaning but happen to have a different (sometimes screwed up) value system.
    - As they say in German: "Es wird nichts so heiß gegessen wie es gekocht wird" (literally "nothing is eaten as hot as it is cooked", i.e. don't believe the hype or the scare mongering. The devil is not as black as he is painted.) Life experience helps with that, I guess (and hope).

See above.
    I don't really have too many specific goals at the moment and take each day as it comes. Once I settle on what I want to do next with my life I will take appropriate action.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I'm 32.
    me too!!

I didnt think there'd be anyone else the same age!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Cool i'm 20

life's a bitch, nah better yet a dumb broad
    and i bet i can fuck the world and make it cum hard

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I see a general pattern of general optimism in early 20's stretching into thinking life is difficult in early 40's. I wish someone over the age of 45 would actually get on the internet sites so we could see if the pendulum swings back as you get older.

MBTI
    INtP

I'm 40.

If we're limiting this to what I think that life, for me personally, is like, I think it's too generic a question -- some aspects are easy, some are hard. I'm fortunate that (at least for now) I'm not struggling economically. I'll never be rich, but I'm doing okay -- and although I've worked to get where I am, I wouldn't say that I've "struggled" to do so. On the other hand, when it comes to relationships and finding a place in a social group, I'm all but hopeless. I've little if anything in the way of a social support structure, and the stressful and more-or-less chronic feeling that if I slip up, even a little, that I'll fall a long way with nobody to help me up is not a good one.

It's like a river. I have enough control to learn how to swim, but the current is infinitely stronger than my best efforts. On occasion, the river will take me somewhere close enough to where I want to be that I can guide myself there temporarily... but that's largely a matter of chance.

Have you found a specific outlook towards life that helps you a lot? (for example, you have learned that perseverance is the key to success or that tolerance is the key to relationships).
    Honestly, I don't really think in terms of specific outlooks very much... so I'm having a hard time pointing to any one thing. If anything, it would be that so little in the world is actually black-and-white. More is subject to the variances in opinion and circumstance than more-immature-me might have originally thought, and that simple answers are almost always incorrect (or at best, ignorant) ones. Nothing is all bad. Nothing is all good. Truth (and a certain kind of complex beauty) lies in the middle. I believe that this is a generally correct outlook, but it's seldom useful or practical in being a key to success, etc. Maybe taking time to remind yourself of what you have to be thankful for (however small it may be on any given day). That can help keep you balanced over a short term down-time.

I'm not particularly goal-oriented, so no. Not in the way where I'd say "if I work at X, I will oneday get Y, which would be awesome!". There are a few "I'd better do X, or I'll wind up in position Y, which would suck" things, but those aren't goals that I aspire to. Simply a way to avoid unfortunate circumstances. I have dreams, but they're pretty idealistic and completely unrealistic in this day and age -- nothing I could do would change that, so they're not really "goals".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    me too!!

I didnt think there'd be anyone else the same age!
    And only a stones throw away .. Ok, a somewhat big stones throw
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe